buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

:blink:

Posted Image

#62 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

What if he takes Maclean with him to be the HC?

I was hoping he takes McCrimmon, so maybe our D and PK can start getting better. :P
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#63 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:22 AM

Wow, I never thought he'd bolt to the Bolts.

It's undestandable, though. He wasn't really moving up in the corporate ladder in Detroit anytime soon.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#64 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

Good luck Stevie! This is no surprise at all.

Glad it's an Eastern Conference team he's General managing.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#65 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

I REALLY hate to see Stevie go, but he has a lot of good young players to start off with, he gets to pick his own coach, and he gets to live it up in Florida. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. There's no question who my second favorite team is now.

On a somewhat related note, isn't it ironic that he went to the Lightning? The Wings are red/white, the Lightning are blue/black (the exact opposite colors). His best player has the same first name (except he's called Steven, not Steve or Stevie) and has the same two numbers, except in reverse (91). Its like Yzerman went to the bizarro Wings. :D

Not to mention the fact that the Lightning suck and the Wings have been a perennial powerhouse. :D
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#66 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

Oh no ... when does Kenny H retire? Like other said, GMs now don't last forever in one position. Maybe we'll see you back in Detroit one day.

We still have Jim Nill, as well.

#67 Red Storm

Red Storm

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

I got a say, big mistake if they make him the highest paid GM in the league.

I love guy and he did great things for the Canadian team, however in the Olympics he doesn't have to worry about competing offers, and players asking for more money or handing out NMCs.

Good luck Stevie, this is only a training stint until you come back to Det!

Hope your right ,but its going to be long while as their about to ink Holland in again. And that's why Stevie Y is gone - what a drag.

#68 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 767 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

Godspeed, Steve! We will always love you!

PS I'm on the lookout for Lightning Jerseys with "Yzerman 19" on the back!!!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#69 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:36 AM

I REALLY hate to see Stevie go, but he has a lot of good young players to start off with, he gets to pick his own coach, and he gets to live it up in Florida. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. There's no question who my second favorite team is now.

On a somewhat related note, isn't it ironic that he went to the Lightning? The Wings are red/white, the Lightning are blue/black (the exact opposite colors). His best player has the same first name (except he's called Steven, not Steve or Stevie) and has the same two numbers, except in reverse (91). Its like Yzerman went to the bizarro Wings. :D

Okay, now that's funny. :D I was on a downer when I heard the news. Thanks for the laugh.

Good luck Captain. Hope to see you back where you belong soon.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#70 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

kuklaskorner's twitter:

RT @RealKyper: Hear SY turned dn job multi-times until an offer he couldn't refuse . Also rumblings of an ownership stake could B involved.

Lightning have a 3PM press conference scheduled that will be available on their website:

http://lightning.nhl.com/index.html

Edited by CenterIce, 25 May 2010 - 11:41 AM.

#71 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

I have a solid feeling that Stevie was their guy (obviously) but he originally turned it down until they came back and gave him fat cash. I think this is a good thing for both Stevie and the Wings. The organization can see if Stevie will be a successful GM and if he is, hopefully he comes back when Kenny is gone (although it sounds like Nill will have to come and go by that time).

#72 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

Wellllllll f***.

I can't be mad, because Stevie's been so good to the Wings, he's always been there whenever we need a goal or a leader or a voice in management. Here's to hoping he comes back someday

#73 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

guess i'll be watching some bolts games this year

Posted Image

#74 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

It sometimes hurts to get reminded that everything's business, first and foremost. Gonna miss you Stevie Y :bye2:

Edited by ShanahanMan, 25 May 2010 - 11:52 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#75 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

Godspeed, Steve! We will always love you!

PS I'm on the lookout for Lightning Jerseys with "Yzerman 19" on the back!!!

Please no.

Posted Image

#76 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:55 AM

FML :unhappy:

#77 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

noooooooooooo Posted Image
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#78 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

:(

That really sucks. Good luck to Yzerman; I truly hope he excels in his new role as GM. I hope he can someday return to Detroit. :bye2: :crybaby:

#79 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

I don't know how much he can do to turn that mess around in one year -- maybe have a heart to heart with Vinny Lecavalier and use the old Stevie Y magic to get him to stop being a useless hanger-on and start being the 50 goal man he can be.

In any event, you are Detroit's favorite son, Steve, and we wish you best of luck in all your future endeavors -- until the time comes for you to return home! :D
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#80 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

I think his first move should be to trade Hedman to Detroit as a friendly good-bye gesture.