• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Is Tampa Bay your second favorite team now?

Rate this topic

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Between posts here and at the few TB Lightning forums spread throughout the vast internet, I'm seeing a lot of Wings fans declare loyalty to the Blue and Black, second only to the Red and White. I'm just curious how many of us look at the Lightning as a second favorite team now that Yzerman is running things over there.

I know I'll be rooting for them.

I'll be rooting for them, but I wouldn't call them a "favorite" per se. I would feel untrue to the Wings if I called another team "favorite". I liked them after their cup run in 2004 though. It was one of the guttiest in a long while, especially Lecavalier's performance. The extent of their decline to me is a little puzzling. Lecav is only 30 so there is a lot of game left in him, and in St Louis too. If Stevie can get back out of those guys what was once there they should be playoff bound in no time.

Edited by kook_10

As a hockey fan, I enjoy the sport. Detroit is the only team I really root for and is a favorite. All others, I watch on NHL Center Ice on occasion and enjoy the sport. That being said, with Yzerman in the front office there, I will enjoy watching the Lightning play more often than I have in the past. Just as I enjoy watching Chris Kunitz play (as I am a Ferris State Alumni and watched him play a lot up there) even though he is on the Pens and I don't like the Pens very much.

I don't think its bad that people like to root on other teams. Hell, people who love hockey can do that. It like enjoying football and watching the Sunday night/monday night contests and enjoying the game.

not by a long shot....however after the Red WIngs,

I like Vancouver, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington and NY Islanders to name a few

but I was starting to like the lightning with the new kids they have on that team...so im sure they will grow on me fast

i will cheer for yzerman for sure obviously behind our red wings.

ill put tampa right there with some of the other teams i kinda like next to the wings, for some reason the ducks i like except when we play them then i HATE THEM, ottawa, washington is fun to watch.

teams i hate.... schittsburgh!!! chicago, sjs, calgary, vancouver

Maybe if Yzerman were actually playing, I'd kinda/sorta watch what happens there, but he's the GM. I wish him nothing but the best and certainly wouldn't mind if Tampa ended up messing with the Pens here and there, but I'm not hopping on that bandwagon. Much success, Mr. Yzerman!

Guest mindfly

They sort of was my 2nd favourite team even before ;) Martin St.Louis = Magic

The St. Pete Times Forum is the only other NHL building I've been to besides the Joe. So, I guess you can say I have a history with the Lightning. :P It was funny because they were playing the Wild, but there were other Wings fans sitting behind us.

I will always be a Stevie Y. fan and I wish him success. He'll need all the help he can get in that trainwreck of a franchise. But I can't imagine myself ever caring about the 'Ning much less actively rooting for them.

I'm a Wing's fan first, and nothing could ever compare. However, I've always had a soft spot for Tampa for some reason that I don't even know. The only jerseys I own are Red Wings and Tampa. I just found it to be a little funny when I read that Stevie Y was going to GM for them.

I didn't vote or anything but they were one of my favorite Eastern Confernce Teams. I wish Steve Y well I wish he wouldn't have gone but I don't blame him for taking the postion at all. I think he will do very well and I look for Tampa to make it back to the Playoffs next season and become Cup Contenders again. They've had ver high draft picks the past couple of season's and I think they have another pretty high one this season so give it some time but I think Tampa Bay can become Champions again and I sure hope Yzerman leads the way.

The Lightning are my second favorite team now that Stevie's there. I won't cheer for the Bolts with as much intensity as I cheer for the Wings (seriously, with every Wings playoff game, its like I have my house on the line), but I'm excited to see him build an Eastern Conference version of the Wings.