• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Yzerman Likely to Target Wings Players

Rate this topic

GENIUS!!! Holland would trump Bettman again with that!! However, I'm certain that the NHL would block that type of trade to Detroit because then the NHL couldn't screw us over with that type of roster! Could you imagine Stamkos with Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line!! Holy Cow!!

thats exactly what i was thinking lol stevie trades us stamkos for a package then maybe next season when Lids is gone he sends over Hedman and gets fired and comes back to the Wings lol

it's a fun thought, except for that whole time in federal prison for collusion and conspiracy charges, haha

i dont think Stevie and Kenny could make a deal without people calling conspiracy.....which is the only s***ty thing about this whole situation

how about

To TB: Franzen, rights to Larsson and Kindl and a pick or 2

To Det: Stamkos and Hedman

Guest Crymson

i dont think Stevie and Kenny could make a deal without people calling conspiracy.....which is the only s***ty thing about this whole situation

how about

To TB: Franzen, rights to Larsson and Kindl and a pick or 2

To Det: Stamkos and Hedman

That deal would result in the destruction of Yzerman's reputation forever.

Trade Draper to Tampa for a draft pick. I bet he'd accept the trade. Going down to Florida to help Stevie.

Draper lives in the Toronto area and commutes to Detroit because he wants to raise his family there. I highly doubt he'd be as willing to commute to Tampa Bay. That's kind of a hike. :P

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Lidstrom, etc.

...and Rafalski at $6 million.

Draper lives in the Toronto area and commutes to Detroit because he wants to raise his family there. I highly doubt he'd be as willing to commute to Tampa Bay. That's kind of a hike. :P

I don't know. Drapes probably wants a 2nd home in Florida anyway. While I don't pretend to know anything about TB's 3rd and 4rth lines, you'd have to think Stevie Y would love to have his veteran leadership, experience and professionalism aboard. And from Drape's point of view, he moves down there, finds a waterfront property in Clearwater or St Pete, the fam comes down to visit at CHristmas, and Easter, and voila, he's got his retirement home in Florida. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Edit: BTW NFM, Congrats on the new Avatar. My wife Jen (aka The Jenerator) and I have prospect #1 down in GR as we speak; scheduled to be called up to start Dec 15!

Edited by T.Low

Lol that would be so awesome, yzerman just pulls a fast one? Then he rips his shirt off with the wings logo on his chest, then beats it like a gorilla.

Ahaha, and then he beats Bettman over the head with a rubber chicken and yells, "I AM THE NHL, BIATCHES!!!" ...Hey, suddenly I don't mind Stevie leaving half as much! :lol:

The one that seems most likely to me is Osgood going to TB. They need a decent goalie; we have 2 and aren't using the elder one (I said "elder," not "elderly"!). Maltby might go, too, but I don't know...I definitely don't think we're going to see 4 or 5 guys going to TB, but that's probably stating the obvious.

So this thread got me thinking... San Jose is in a situation with Nabokov "due" for a big pay-day. Im assuming a 3+ year deal worth some decent coin. Something SJ wants to do right now with his past?? Maybe. With Marleaus contract up?? The plot thickens. How long do the Sharks just want to be a good regular season team? Personally I don't think hes worth anything due to his playoff resume. But regardless, a guy with 40ish wins every year could make a bad team (TB) become a contender; even if hes only getting 30 wins. SJ might be done with him this summer. What are the chances of Stevie picking up Nabby with all that money he gets to play with? All of a sudden TB looks pretty decent in the back end of things. And Nabby can even keep the sharks on his helmet. :P

Discuss.

Edited by Mac is Back

I don't know. Drapes probably wants a 2nd home in Florida anyway. While I don't pretend to know anything about TB's 3rd and 4rth lines, you'd have to think Stevie Y would love to have his veteran leadership, experience and professionalism aboard. And from Drape's point of view, he moves down there, finds a waterfront property in Clearwater or St Pete, the fam comes down to visit at CHristmas, and Easter, and voila, he's got his retirement home in Florida. Sounds like a good deal to me.

And that's the thing...who's to say he wants a 2nd home in Florida? From what I've read, he loves it where he is. On top of that, it's not like Drapes' kids are old. They have plenty of school left before he would likely want a Winter home, if he does at all...and time is of the essence on this deal given Draper is getting closer to retirement.

Edit: BTW NFM, Congrats on the new Avatar. My wife Jen (aka The Jenerator) and I have prospect #1 down in GR as we speak; scheduled to be called up to start Dec 15!

Thanks, and many Congrats yourself! It's truly amazing from moment you find out to moment your first-born arrives! Best of luck!

Osgood is an excellent trade candidate.

Agreed. Ozzie is a guy who's played for two other teams but is still considered a Red Wing for life. I doubt he'd be as opposed to moving to TB as someone like Draper, Holmstrom or Maltby would.

I'd still like Ozzie to be a part of the Wings' organization once he retires, though.

I highly doubt Ozzie being traded unless we're not making the playoffs and we send him off to a competitor in need of a goalie / depth.

Howard is good, I'm still not 100% sold on him maybe about 85% as of now but will see how he handles next season. He needs to be better then this season he just had.

After Howard I wouldn't trust our goaltending on anyone else but Ozzie. McCollum is still not ready for NHL nor backup duty.

Assuming Ozzie is gone and Howards plays bad or get injured ... we're doomed.

As I said the only time I would be okay with trading Ozzie is at the trade deadline.

From ESPN.

It will basically be as described. A lot of guys who don't sign with the Wings may end up there. The one thing I am a little worried about are future guys that he knows the Wings are interested in. Tampa is usually picking well ahead of Detroit.

Even if he wanted all of them, he can't say anything because of tampering rules. So anything he says regarding this topic is all window dressing.

To assume that Holland didn't see this coming eventually is absurd. As much of a Red Wing as he was, he was fair game to any and every team out there and Holland knew this, and probably has more than a few ideas of how this is going to play out. And to assume that a first time GM is going to out smart a guy like Holland is kinda funny. Our first idea of who's actually pulling the strings in Tampa will be the draft and THEN we'll see what Stevie is made of.

All that being said, my money is still on the guy who drafts all-stars past the 5th round whose last name starts with "H" and ends with "olland"

While I was watching the news conference yesterday I was thinking 'what are the chances of Stevie convincing Lids to come down to Tampa to mentor Hedman'... unsure.gif

ranting.gif There are some things I can sit back and accept. Stevie not being attached to the Wings org anymore is just about bad enough. Now the sheer thought of anyone thinking this...Not saying you actually think it will happen but remove it from your head.