• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Yzerman Likely to Target Wings Players

Rate this topic

"to piss in your Chelios"

For some reason, this just made me ROTFLMAO!! :hysterical:

I don't think Stevie's going to raid the Wings' cupboards, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a couple players land in Tampa for next season. Jason Williams, Tomas Holmstrom, Kirk Maltby, Todd Bertuzzi, Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda are all UFA, so they currently have no ties to any team. They can negotiate with any team and I would imagine that they're considered fair game and that it wouldn't be "poaching" if Stevie contacted any of them. I can easily see Maltby going to Tampa - the Wings are not going to sign him and he played for years with Stevie. I'm sure if Stevie called him he'd be on a plane in a second.

I know Lidstrom is also UFA but I left him out of this because I think Tampa has a better chance of having a white Christmas than Stevie does of signing Nick to play for the Bolts. Nick is like Stevie, in that he will never play in another NHL team's uni. There are only two things that will happen with Nick Lidstrom - he will either sign another contract with the Wings, or retire. He's not playing anywhere else.

For some reason, this just made me ROTFLMAO!! :hysterical:

I don't think Stevie's going to raid the Wings' cupboards, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a couple players land in Tampa for next season. Jason Williams, Tomas Holmstrom, Kirk Maltby, Todd Bertuzzi, Andreas Lilja and Brett Lebda are all UFA, so they currently have no ties to any team. They can negotiate with any team and I would imagine that they're considered fair game and that it wouldn't be "poaching" if Stevie contacted any of them. I can easily see Maltby going to Tampa - the Wings are not going to sign him and he played for years with Stevie. I'm sure if Stevie called him he'd be on a plane in a second.

I know Lidstrom is also UFA but I left him out of this because I think Tampa has a better chance of having a white Christmas than Stevie does of signing Nick to play for the Bolts. Nick is like Stevie, in that he will never play in another NHL team's uni. There are only two things that will happen with Nick Lidstrom - he will either sign another contract with the Wings, or retire. He's not playing anywhere else.

If Steve Yzerman signs Jason Williams for next season, the Lightning should just put Stevie out of his misery and fire him.

Just listing the Wings' UFA's...not necessarily players Stevie would be interested in. LOL I think he's smarter than signing Jason Williams. :blink:

God, I hope so. Could you imagine? Our luck Williams would kick ass for Stevie... in which case I would thank god he isn't Finnish. :)

Hey, Williams and Yzerman played on the same line in 2006. I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie had some input on him coming back to Detroit in the first place (God I hope not).

Oh, and I should have picked a different brand of cereal to make a joke about. Now everyone is going to say "Piss in your Chelios". :hehe:

anyone think Homer could end up there saying all these reports about him wanting more money and a longer deal, if the Wings dont give him what he wants

after seeing how holmer played in the playoffs with his ablity to score 4 goals and rack almost all of the wings penaltys only to see us get scored on and kill us. trade him to tampa for a bag of pucks. we can replace him with speed since he is a pilon/.

Edited by EastonWings

Guest Lidstromboli

after seeing how holmer played in the playoffs with his ablity to score 4 goals and rack almost all of the wings penaltys only to see us get scored on and kill us. trade him to tampa for a bag of pucks. we can replace him with speed since he is a pilon/.

yeah.. those awful 12 penalty minutes in 12 games

he sure was rackin em up huh?

yeah.. those awful 12 penalty minutes in 12 games

he sure was rackin em up huh?

the uneducated and uninformed have a right to opnion-ate

Edited by pockets

Just listing the Wings' UFA's...not necessarily players Stevie would be interested in. LOL I think he's smarter than signing Jason Williams. :blink:

I think he would be interested in Maltby... league min contract for a PK'er who can mentor younger players, plays with a ton of heart and is a true professional and also would add veteran leadership with 4 rings...

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this happened...

Hey, Williams and Yzerman played on the same line in 2006. I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie had some input on him coming back to Detroit in the first place (God I hope not).

Oh, and I should have picked a different brand of cereal to make a joke about. Now everyone is going to say "Piss in your Chelios". :hehe:

I always use the phrase "piss in your wheaties" but from now on, on this board... it will be "piss in your chelios"

:hysterical:

Really?...That's a 2.5 plus hour drive 1 way...I know Drapes hails from the greater T.O. area, but making that daily commute would be a pain!

He has a smaller place in the Detroit area, but his family lives in TO.

:lol: - Dman or a forward?...My 2 lads are of the 'stay @ home' type of defensemen ;)

Kate's pretty tiny so I'm gonna go with forward...just like her Dad is/was.

Damn... he's got SO much cap space to play with too, it's insane...

This isn't really that out of the realm of possibility for them next year (not likely, but fun to play with)

Ilya Kovalchuk ($8.000m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($7.727m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.250m)

Vyacheslav Kozlov ($3.500m) / Steven Stamkos ($3.725m) / Ryan Malone ($4.500m)

Stephane Veilleux ($0.750m) / Mattew Lombardi ($2.500m) / Steve Downie ($2.000m)

Todd Fedoruk ($1.058m) / Paul Szczechura ($0.900m) / Kirk Maltby ($0.700m)

Ted Purcell ($0.600m)

Victor Hedman ($3.500m) / Mattias Ohlund ($3.607m)

Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Matt Walker ($1.700m)

Kurtis Foster ($1.500m) / Matt Lashoff ($0.550m)

Matt Smaby ($0.525m)

Mike Smith ($2.200m) / Antero Niittymaki ($0.600m)

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $60.559m; CAP ROOM: $1.468m BONUSES: $5.450m

Yeah, but Defense wins Championships!!!

..... Really? Homer is the reason we have won MANY games. He is the reason we have scored MANY goals. Why don't we just trade away homer and all of our goalies? That way, we can't score, and can be scored on easily. :yowza:

Homer was our best offensive player for a little patch. His contribution early in the season helped us get very, very valuable points. And he will always be a major pest. And he is the best at what he does. You don't just let a player like that walk onto another team if you can help it. Get a clue.

Edited by Broken 16