• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Cleary okay after surgery on left knee

Rate this topic

Cleary OK after surgery on left knee

Dan Cleary's disappointing season can be explained by two small reasons. Cleary underwent surgery Tuesday to repair two tears to his left meniscus.

"It was bothering me all year," Cleary said. "I basically couldn't walk the last seven months. I had to brace myself against a wall just to get upstairs, but then when I'd hit the ice, it would be OK, so that's why we didn't do the surgery until now."

Cleary, who also had a groin injury and a separated shoulder during the season, had just 34 points in 64 games.

"Now I can't wait to start training again," he said. "This is going to be my hardest summer of training, and I'm going to come back stronger than ever next season."

Helene St. James

Cleary OK after surgery on left knee

Dan Cleary's disappointing season can be explained by two small reasons. Cleary underwent surgery Tuesday to repair two tears to his left meniscus.

"It was bothering me all year," Cleary said. "I basically couldn't walk the last seven months. I had to brace myself against a wall just to get upstairs, but then when I'd hit the ice, it would be OK, so that's why we didn't do the surgery until now."

Cleary, who also had a groin injury and a separated shoulder during the season, had just 34 points in 64 games.

"Now I can't wait to start training again," he said. "This is going to be my hardest summer of training, and I'm going to come back stronger than ever next season."

Helene St. James

Those comments are very encouraging - shows a lot of passion

Guest mindfly

Go cleary! prove us all wrong and become a 20+goal scorer again

Edited by mindfly

Guest Heaten

When Cleary makes such bold comments as "This is going to be my hardest summer of training, and I'm going to come back stronger than ever next season.", you better believe he's one determined man, and will be a possessed mofo next season. I expect the entire team to come back more hungry and determined than ever.

Wow! He has been playing with torn meniscus!!

I have had the same surgery about 6 weeks ago after about 3 month since the actual injury happened. I can tell it was not very pleasant 3 month... And he could play!... Wow!

Guest Crymson

Man, that's brutal. And he was playing through a severely-torn grain during the playoffs last season. This guy is a beast. The words "Cleary" and "lazy" are antonyms. They just don't go together.

Cleary has always been one of the best play-off players for us since he came here. Basically, only Hank and Lids were better during the past few seasons. Sometimes I wished we would have 12 Clearies on our roster. I knew something was wrong with him.

Cleary has always been one of the best play-off players for us since he came here. Basically, only Hank and Lids were better during the past few seasons. Sometimes I wished we would have 12 Clearies on our roster. I knew something was wrong with him.

Amen... That playoff performance he had last year was just ridiculous. Can only get more excited knowing that he in fact wasn't at all healthy and we get a 100% Danny boy. goal.gif

This is exactly what I love about guys like Cleary - they hold themselves accountable. He knew he had a bad season, especially for his salary. To hear him say stuff like this makes me look forward to next season even more.

Cleary might just be my favorite Red Wing.

That being said, we're praising him for fighting through an injury that lead him to have a terrible season/playoffs, yet we condemn to hell a former player for the same reason...just sayin'.

I have never seen any NHL team suffer both the amount and caliber of injuries that we went through last year. We had I think twelve total guys go out at some point, and not just 3rd/4th liners either...many of our top players were out for parts of the season. Makes me wonder who else was playing injured...just so we could keep some semblance of a team on the ice all year long.