• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Joseph Franks

How do you cope?

Rate this topic

Despite the Wings being eliminated, I still eagerly await the finals round each and every year. Seems like they gave them damn near a week off this go round, (Thanks for the 2 days off last year Bettman. Thanks a lot...)....

So what "extra" things do you do to pass the time? Obviously playoffs doesn't change a persons life, but when the games are running nightly I dedicate myself to watching for the most part at least one game a night all playoffs long. That leaves a two hour gap now that I'm idle. So I find myself playing a lot more Call of Duty, and watching a movie on a routine basis. Btw, just watched "Kick Ass", and man....that movie was amazing. I could start a whole new thread on that movie and it's awesomeness alone....but this is obviously the wrong forum for it. :-p

So what do you do during the "off days" that you wouldn't be doing if there were games on that particular night?

Despite the Wings being eliminated, I still eagerly await the finals round each and every year. Seems like they gave them damn near a week off this go round, (Thanks for the 2 days off last year Bettman. Thanks a lot...)....

So what "extra" things do you do to pass the time? Obviously playoffs doesn't change a persons life, but when the games are running nightly I dedicate myself to watching for the most part at least one game a night all playoffs long. That leaves a two hour gap now that I'm idle. So I find myself playing a lot more Call of Duty, and watching a movie on a routine basis. Btw, just watched "Kick Ass", and man....that movie was amazing. I could start a whole new thread on that movie and it's awesomeness alone....but this is obviously the wrong forum for it. :-p

So what do you do during the "off days" that you wouldn't be doing if there were games on that particular night?

Get drunk

Asking how we cope makes it sound like there was a death in the family. It sucks when your favorite team gets eliminated but life goes on. I've got my baseball team, my friends and family, my birthday is coming up.....lots of things to keep me occupied and busy until October.

Asking how we cope makes it sound like there was a death in the family. It sucks when your favorite team gets eliminated but life goes on. I've got my baseball team, my friends and family, my birthday is coming up.....lots of things to keep me occupied and busy until October.

This. I enjoy the summer, and the hot weather. That's it.

Live life to the fullest and enjoy all the things I ending up neglecting during the height of the hockey season. I stop and realize, "oh yeah, lots more to life than just puck."

I pretty much do the same things I do if the Wings were playing and I'd have my full attention on the game - go to work, exercise if time permits, perhaps read a book or play a video game briefly if time permits, do house or yard work if it is needed, feed my pet and make him exercise and stay active, make dinner, etc. Way too much going on for me to even think too much in length about the Wings being eliminated or getting bored or whatever.

I've been getting into watching the Tigers more. I attempt to play hockey. Plus I work 40+ hours a week. I miss watching hockey during the summer, but it's nice to have a break just for a little while to try and focus on other things that I otherwise wouldn't have time for because of watching hockey all the time.

Well, my answer this summer is: if hockey can't come to you, get yourself to some hockey! Bought me some Bauer X20 skates last week, and I'm going to try to learn how to play pretty soon. Wish me luck...I am not the most sporty person in the world.

I'm actually reading a book for fun right now (Neil Gaiman's American Gods)...I haven't done that since, oh, last summer. You guys have totally got me watching the Tigers, too. By ordering Center Ice, I apparently also got all the out-of-market MLB games, too, so I've been putting on the Tigers games when I don't have anything else to do. I swore I wouldn't get wrapped up in it, but hey, it's not like there's anything else on TV. I don't know what's going on half the time in the game, but now I know about stuff like stealing bases, hehe, so it's a learning experience. :P

Well, my answer this summer is: if hockey can't come to you, get yourself to some hockey! Bought me some Bauer X20 skates last week, and I'm going to try to learn how to play pretty soon. Wish me luck...I am not the most sporty person in the world.

I'm actually reading a book for fun right now (Neil Gaiman's American Gods)...I haven't done that since, oh, last summer. You guys have totally got me watching the Tigers, too. By ordering Center Ice, I apparently also got all the out-of-market MLB games, too, so I've been putting on the Tigers games when I don't have anything else to do. I swore I wouldn't get wrapped up in it, but hey, it's not like there's anything else on TV. I don't know what's going on half the time in the game, but now I know about stuff like stealing bases, hehe, so it's a learning experience. :P

Tigers all the way.Brandon Inge is my favorite player.He's been in Detroit forever.

Tigers all the way.Brandon Inge is my favorite player.He's been in Detroit forever.

Cool, now I have somebody to look out for during the next game...it's always helpful, as a noob, to have someone point out to you which players to watch, so thanks!

Yeah, it's always neat when people end up on their home team, like Rafalski and Abdelkader. Getting off the subject here, but at the opposite end of the spectrum, I always wonder how players deal with getting signed to their favorite team's arch-rivals...

Edited by MulesWillFly93

In the beginning, God said let there be light, and then created Detroit, an area that light could not go. Then he created Brandon Inge, and placed him in Detroit...

Take Cover Child!!! Now! Go To Kryptonite!!! Switch To Robins Revenge!!! :siren:

I post on LGW. And read LGW. And wait for news on re-signings, the draft, new signings, trades... training camp, preseason, hey! next thing you know, it's October, and here I am, still posting and reading on LGW.

Cool, now I have somebody to look out for during the next game...it's always helpful, as a noob, to have someone point out to you which players to watch, so thanks!

Yeah, it's always neat when people end up on their home team, like Rafalski and Abdelkader. Getting off the subject here, but at the opposite end of the spectrum, I always wonder how players deal with getting signed to their favorite team's arch-rivals...

He'll be the one that strikes out on a check swing three times...