• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FischersChick2

Who was your first?

Rate this topic

D-Mac at the Star theater less than a week after the '97 Cup win. He and Draps sat 4 or 5 rows behind us. We saw 'Contact' (I thought it stunk). I was wearing an Yzerman hat (who is the player I most want to met). I wasn't nervous at all. Congratulated him and told him I was at the Joe to see him score the game 4 Cup clinching goal. He was just outside the bathrooms waiting for Draps. I didn't want to stalk around waiting for Draper. D-Mac couldn't have been nicer. Meeting Terrible Ted at the Joe last year was pretty unreal too.

Do you happen to work at Smith-Barney?

Also, you should have hit on Zetterberg's girlfriend.

No I do not. I worked at an engineering company called RCO in Roseville, and now I am at another engineering company called Fori Automation in Shelby twp. Oh my gosh was his girlfriend amazing looking. It was her and her friend and Henrik. They were out side the Starbucks leaning agasint the balcony by that grand staircase/elevator if you are familiar with Sommerset. I wish I could of hit on her :lol:

No I do not. I worked at an engineering company called RCO in Roseville, and now I am at another engineering company called Fori Automation in Shelby twp. Oh my gosh was his girlfriend amazing looking. It was her and her friend and Henrik. They were out side the Starbucks leaning agasint the balcony by that grand staircase/elevator if you are familiar with Sommerset. I wish I could of hit on her :lol:

you could have hit on her friend i met a backup goalie who played for the wings a long time ago dont remember his name though just know he messed his knees up and had to quit playing

Ted Lindsay. I was about 7 and he was dating the lady next door. I had dinner with him. I wore his shoes. I remember he wasn't very patient with children. :)

Edited by Broken 16

Met Gordie Howe at a hardware store when I was really young, but I don't really count that.

When I was like 10 or something I met Draper, McCarty, Fedor Fedorov and Norm Maracle in Troy. Watched them skate for a little bit then they came and signed stuff for the few of us that were there.

Edit: I could have sworn it was Maracle, but my friend seems to think it was Hodson.

Edited by SeeinRed

Love all the stories, guys - thanks!

Haven't met any of them...not much of a surprise there - you can't get much further away from MI and still be in the U.S. Although I did see a guy who looked a crapload like D-Mac at the local skating rink a couple of months ago. I hope I didn't freak him out by staring at him too long, but I probably did...I don't think it was him, but it took quite a bit of staring to decide that his nose wasn't quite crooked enough. :blush: My apologies, random dude at Ice Town.

I Got to skate with Z,Datsyuk and Lidstrom once.

Was going really well, I was having such a great time. Then Jason Williams stepped on to the ice and I woke up in a terrible sweat.

Nightmare still haunts me.

The first person I met was Gordie Howe when I was like, 10 years old. He played in a Red Wings Alumni charity game at Iceland arena in Flint, where I used to play hockey. He was giving autographs to people who bought his autobiography. I met him again at the Joe a few month later and went to shake his hand before his security guards told me to leave. Not too fond of Mr. Hockey to be honest.

The next person I met was Steve Duchesne at Mexican Lindo in Waterford. I saw him leaving and just yelled, "Steve Duchesne!!" He just turned to me and said, "Heyy!" My friends made fun of me for my reaction lol.

I also met Dave Lewis at the BP gas station by my house in Clarkston. I guess Red WIngs players stop by there frequently. I just asked him how Boston was going, and he said, "Great." A few weeks later he was fired lol. He's a pretty tall dude, but he drives a Mini Cooper. I thought that was strange, but my ex gf's dad was huge and he drove one too lol.

I met Aaron Downey late last season in Syracuse when the Griffins came to town.Me and a friend had seats right on the glass.He got kicked out of the game with only a few minutes left and instead of heading to the locker room,he stood outside the tunnel right next to us.Couldn't be a nicer guy.Got a few pictures on my phone.He really is an agitator.The Crunch fans were giving him the business,messing with him because he had recently been sent down to Grand Rapids.One of the fans was REALLY obnoxious and Aaron turns around and he looks at the guys girlfriend and goes "Is he always this loud?God bless your heart if you have to wake up to that s*** every morning."Good times.

I have 3 encounters.

1st I was held by Dennis Savard when I was a baby... my parents being hawks fans are very proud of that. Weird how i turned out to be a wings fan.

2nd One of the Hanson Brothers was my coach in HS for one year. He was the one that had the famous lines of "Machine took me f***in Quarter" and "I'm trying to listen to the ******* song!" He was actually really skilled, i think all 3 of those guys played in the NHL as very limited players.

3rd I see lots of people talking about meeting chelios and all that. Well I met a chelios, it was just his sister. I danced with Chelios' sister at a wedding for a couple songs. She's really cool, but looks pretty similar to Cheli, at least very greek looking.

My first ever player I met was Wendal Clark at a signing event at Parts Source.He's been here a few times to sign(My dad's co-worker grew up with him)some stuff.He was here earlier this year to sign his book,and nobody was there,so I got to talk to him for 45 minutes or so.

Kyle Calder has a acreage outside of Saskatoon,and I met him at John Deere the summer after he was with the Wings when he came in to get some new belts and blades for his riding mower.I knew that he comes in there every now and then,and I had a stack of cards for him to sign under the counter but I forgot to get them signed.He's a very nice,down to earth guy and him and I talked for a good half hour.

*edit*

I forgot that Babcock came down here with the cup.I met him,got him to sign my wings cup pennant,and then he grabbed my Osgood jersey and signed it too.

There's also an outdoor rink downtown here in Saskatoon.Howe and Gretzky both showed up for some reason.Gordie signed for free,and Wayne wanted money to sign autographs for kids.I was really disgusted by this.I meant I dislike the guy to begin with,but when you do something like that,it shows that you don't appreciate your fans.

Edited by hgimn

Lidstrom for me was the best experience I have ever had. It was 1999 at the shark tank after a tie. All the other good players sped off but Brent Gilchrist and Lidstrom walked out and talked to me and my dad.

The worst was Gretzky. Met him at pebble beach golf course at the pro am. I was so excited to see that he was signing autographs and when he was close to me told him how much of a hockey fan I was. He looked at me and skipped me. I got the last laugh tho cuz as soon as he passed I told him he was overrated and Yzerman was better than him ne ways.

met Gordie Howe a little over a month ago, never thought i would get to met him seeing as I live in Wyoming but he came here for a benefit for youth hockey. the venue it was at was 1/2 a block from my building so i just walked there about 5 minutes before it started. As i was walking up to the door i see about 5 people going in and tailing behind them was Mr. Hockey himself, i slowed down cuz i didn't know how tight the security was for him and didn't want to get in trouble. He goes in and about 10 seconds later I go in and see him and the group of guys with him waiting for the elevator. the doors open as i start into the hallway and they crowd in, i knew that i would be waiting for it to come down as it was pretty stuffed and they didn't know me. but as i'm standing their waiting for the doors to close one the guys says "you coming" and i stood there for a couple beats with my jaw on the floor and said "ya". Gordie looked at my wings hat and said "whatcha got on your hat there?" me being completely star struck just said "Hello Mr. Howe" they laughed and then I just stared at Gordie and listened to him talk about how he couldn't walk around saskatchewan after he signed with the wings, that was and will be the best elevator ride of my life. the elevator opened and i walked out and got in line to enter the event and he walked passed everybody in line and into the event

the set up wasn't that great as he just walked into the room and everybody surrounded him and you just hoped he turned to you and got to talk to him. i waited about 10 minutes and he turned to me and he signed my wings hat and i got a picture with him, he didnt remember me from the elevator but thats ok with me.

I would still like to meet Yzerman, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and konstantinov.

Mine was after a weekend game vs. the Avs. A few hours after the game I went to best buy for DVDs and saw Mac there. I walked up to him and said that he had a great fight and that I was sorry that I wasn't wearing the Mac jersey for him to sign. He said that the front is what matters. Got a signature though and found out he's a real cool dude off the ice too. Here's the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adjeV2Ksdos