• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MannyK

Blackhawks wonder why San Jose Sharks logo

Rate this topic

The Onion, via Freep.com

By HELENE ST. JAMES

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

Wanted to share this hilarious gem from the brilliant satirists at the Onion: Blackhawks Attempt To Find Out Why Shark On San Jose Logo Is Eating Hockey Stick.

SAN JOSE, CA—Baffled members of the Chicago Blackhawks reportedly scrutinized San Jose's logo Tuesday in an attempt to determine some logical reason as to why it pictures a ferocious underwater predator eating a hockey stick. "Sharks are primarily carnivorous, so it really makes no sense for them to suddenly introduce wood to their diet," said center Jonathan Toews, wondering how a hockey stick would wind up in the ocean. "Isn't a mascot animal supposed to be in favor of hockey? Why then would he ruin a good stick by biting it in half? Also, not to get too nitpicky, but San Jose is inland, so they don't have sharks, unless the shark is bursting up through the rink, which is just unrealistic and stupid." The San Jose Sharks were reportedly just as confused by the Blackhawks logo, failing to understand what a somewhat racist representation of a Native American had to do with hockey.

I've always liked the San Jose logo.

I guess in hindsight, they could just have a mean looking shark without a hockey stick, but they felt like throwing a hockey reference in there. NBA has a similar thing with basketballs being put into just about every logo.

Way better than the Hurricanes "rose" logo, or the Ducks "no logo".

I guess in hindsight, they could just have a mean looking shark without a hockey stick, but they felt like throwing a hockey reference in there. NBA has a similar thing with basketballs being put into just about every logo.

If you need to put a hockey stick, basketball or baseball bat in the logo so people know what it is, you're doing it wrong.

I'll say this - whenever the Onion does a hockey article, they knock it out of the park (should I not have mixed sports there? :P).

And I've always liked San Jose's logo. *shrug*

My favorite one was about the 1999 Finals being replayed.

:lol:

Guest mjtm77

what about the stars home jersy

No it is not. The San Jose logo is the most amateurish logo EVER. The only thing worse was the Ducks Disney movie logo, but at least they changed that...and San Jose Sharks never even had a movie, there logo just sucks lol

No it is not. The San Jose logo is the most amateurish logo EVER. The only thing worse was the Ducks Disney movie logo, but at least they changed that...and San Jose Sharks never even had a movie, there logo just sucks lol

What logo would you suggest for a team called the Sharks?

What logo would you suggest for a team called the Sharks?

either a big bad ass dorsel fin, the jaws picture when jaws comes out of the water or BIGGER JAWS just so long as he isnt eating a stick of any sorts

I think the Bruins could make a sweet logo with a ravage bear holding a hockey stick, but then you run into the problem of changing an O6 logo.

Yeah, imagine if Jeremy Jacobs up and bought the Maple Leafs, and merged the two clubs into the Boston Maple Leafs... we'd be looking at something like this:

post-3220-12750143696878_thumb.jpg