Sign in to follow this  
Bump

Red Wings Sign Brendan Smith

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

eh the fight just sounds like a college kid being a college kid

Edited by Lidstromboli

Guest mindfly

He will get some lessons when he gets to GR, can't act like that when he's closer to the wings organization

eh the fight just sounds like a college kid being a college kid

Also got a sort of DUI on a moped a year ago, lol.

Sure it does entirely sound like college jock-head behavior, but it also shows he's a bit reckless. Hate to have him tarnish his image with a real DUI, or an assault and battery charge before he even gets to the minor leagues.

Yeah and its fine if a good player can fight well but barely ever does but the fact that he can if he wants to adds a whole new dimension to his game. He's went a few pretty tough guys this year in the OHL and done well. Its kinda like Chara, he's one tough SOB but hardly fights, just when he does watch out if youre on the other end.(not saying Lashoff will be that good obviously)

As for Abdelkader, I think we'll see him fight a lot this upcoming season since he'll be bottom 6 and Babcock wants him to fight. He'll for sure have that dimension of his game, especially while he's young and breaking into the league.

We definitely will see Abby fight quite a bit next year.I'll have no problem with it as long as he ditches the visor before the fight.

I feel pretty excited to see a lot of fresh new faces in GR and expect to see a more than fair amount of frustration at the same time as they struggle through growing pains.

McCollum

Pearce/Veteran UFA

Veteran UFA-Pyett

Smith-Lashoff

Ehrhardt/Piche/UFA-Kolosov

Veteran UFA-Veteran UFA-Mursak

Tatar-Andersson-Coetzee

Owens-Emmerton-Pare

Oulahen-Raedeke-Vigilante

A team that small and weak would get pounded to shreds in the AHL (like the Griffins did in the first half of last season). I actually cringed looking at that line up.