• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

My brother has been to parties that Stamkos was at in Sarnia and said he was the cockiest guys he's met. Cocky isn't bad at all, cocky just got 51 goals this season.

Lashoff is the next Brad Stuart(kinda). He's big and hits hard but also has a bit of hands to him as well, I really think Lashoff is going to be good too.

Now if he added some fighting to his book of tricks then he would be an even better prospect :cool:

But seriously the guy can fight too he just doesn't do it much, maybe we'll see that change in GR

When it comes to fighting I think he's a guy who will only do it if absolutely necessary because he is a guy that coaches want on the ice and not in the box. That's what sucks about balancing that whole dimension. You want it to be a part of your game but you don't want to be taken out of the game. That's something we will definitely see Abdelkader struggle with this year.

#22 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

This kid has serious talent and I feel comfortable saying he will be a top 4 guy for us some day. His offensive potential is sick, and his weak defense is said to be much better than it has been previous years. His production has been on a sharp increase and shouldnt slow down for a few years. Seriously, talk about a future PP quarterback.

Now time to get off topic. I say we will be seeing Lashoff on the Wings within the next few years. Lashoff is probably my favorite defensive prospect right now. He has stepped up his game every time he played for the Griffins and is a prover was a monster with HV71. This is definitely one of our famous late round gems, I think he might have a solid NHL career ahead of him.

You can say that again-- he was a beast in the playoffs for HV71. I can't wait to see how he does next season. It'd be nice to get him over to Traverse City to see what he can do with the other prospects and to get him some serious tutoring at the gym. The only thing holding him back from the AHL is his lack of muscle.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#23 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

I feel pretty excited to see a lot of fresh new faces in GR and expect to see a more than fair amount of frustration at the same time as they struggle through growing pains.

McCollum
Pearce/Veteran UFA

Veteran UFA-Pyett
Smith-Lashoff
Ehrhardt/Piche/UFA-Kolosov

Veteran UFA-Veteran UFA-Mursak
Tatar-Andersson-Coetzee
Owens-Emmerton-Pare
Oulahen-Raedeke-Vigilante

#24 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

Holland had mentioned on Power Play that they were looking to get him signed. Didn't realize he meant immediately, haha.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#25 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

The future foundation is starting to be assembled.Kenny has signed this young kid and Mitchell Callahan.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#26 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

When it comes to fighting I think he's a guy who will only do it if absolutely necessary because he is a guy that coaches want on the ice and not in the box. That's what sucks about balancing that whole dimension. You want it to be a part of your game but you don't want to be taken out of the game. That's something we will definitely see Abdelkader struggle with this year.

Yeah and its fine if a good player can fight well but barely ever does but the fact that he can if he wants to adds a whole new dimension to his game. He's went a few pretty tough guys this year in the OHL and done well. Its kinda like Chara, he's one tough SOB but hardly fights, just when he does watch out if youre on the other end.(not saying Lashoff will be that good obviously)

As for Abdelkader, I think we'll see him fight a lot this upcoming season since he'll be bottom 6 and Babcock wants him to fight. He'll for sure have that dimension of his game, especially while he's young and breaking into the league.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#27 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

This guy needs to stay out of legal trouble first:

http://blog.mlive.co...ndan_smi_6.html

#28 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

eh the fight just sounds like a college kid being a college kid

Edited by Lidstromboli, 28 May 2010 - 04:22 PM.

Posted Image

#29 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

He will get some lessons when he gets to GR, can't act like that when he's closer to the wings organization

#30 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

eh the fight just sounds like a college kid being a college kid

Also got a sort of DUI on a moped a year ago, lol.

Sure it does entirely sound like college jock-head behavior, but it also shows he's a bit reckless. Hate to have him tarnish his image with a real DUI, or an assault and battery charge before he even gets to the minor leagues.

#31 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

yeah the dui is a little worrying

Posted Image

#32 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

Can't wait for this year's draft. It's always an exciting time no matter how good or bad the draft crop is.

#33 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:46 AM

Also, Smith is a converted forward like Ericsson. He'll probably be able to play a bigger Meech-like role where he fills in at forward at times.

#34 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

Yeah and its fine if a good player can fight well but barely ever does but the fact that he can if he wants to adds a whole new dimension to his game. He's went a few pretty tough guys this year in the OHL and done well. Its kinda like Chara, he's one tough SOB but hardly fights, just when he does watch out if youre on the other end.(not saying Lashoff will be that good obviously)

As for Abdelkader, I think we'll see him fight a lot this upcoming season since he'll be bottom 6 and Babcock wants him to fight. He'll for sure have that dimension of his game, especially while he's young and breaking into the league.

We definitely will see Abby fight quite a bit next year.I'll have no problem with it as long as he ditches the visor before the fight.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#35 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:03 PM

This guy needs to stay out of legal trouble first:

http://blog.mlive.co...ndan_smi_6.html

A fight at a party isn't a really big deal at all. Someone probably thought they would take on the new pro and see if they could beat up a future NHLer. Hopefully Smith tuned him in pretty good.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#36 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

I feel pretty excited to see a lot of fresh new faces in GR and expect to see a more than fair amount of frustration at the same time as they struggle through growing pains.

McCollum
Pearce/Veteran UFA

Veteran UFA-Pyett
Smith-Lashoff
Ehrhardt/Piche/UFA-Kolosov

Veteran UFA-Veteran UFA-Mursak
Tatar-Andersson-Coetzee
Owens-Emmerton-Pare
Oulahen-Raedeke-Vigilante

A team that small and weak would get pounded to shreds in the AHL (like the Griffins did in the first half of last season). I actually cringed looking at that line up.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights