• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Griffins 2010/11 Roster

Rate this topic

I thought this was a good idea to look forward to the 2010/11 season.

Certainties: (either returning or arriving)

Mursak RW

Emmerton LW/C

Tatar C/RW

Pare C

Andersson C

Kolosov D

Smith D

Pyett D

Ehrhardt D

Piche D

McCollum G

Likely:

Owens LW

Coetzee RW

Lashoff D

Uncertain:

Ritola LW

Tardif RW

Armstrong RW

Williams RW

Janik D

Lemieux C

Oulahen C

Johnston C

Departed:

Abdelkader C

Kindl D

Ole-Kristian Tollefsen D

Larsson G

So that leaves us with something like...:

Mursak - Emmerton - Coetzee

Tatar - Andersson - Pare

Owens - Oulahen - Armstrong

(Basically need at least 4 new signing, or some of the uncertain lot to return). I don't fancy Emmerton as our 1st line centre, he'd get destroyed IMO. We really lack offensive fire-power, hopefully Williams returns but I doubt it. We need more proven AHL scorers, at least one, preferrably two.

Smith - Pyett

Kolosov - Lashoff

Ehrhardt - Piche

If Janik returns, bump everyone down a spot. I really like the look of that defence, especially if Janik returns, which I think he will.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Tardif is closer to departed than uncertain, isn't he? I seem to recall reading somewhere that he was basically gone.

Well hes pretty well liked in the organisation, posted some decent numbers in a disappointing season and brought some toughness and grit the team lacked in the early parts of the season. Good both screening the net on the PP and great on the PK and stuck up for teammates throughout the season...

I cant see any reason why he would be gone, unless he wants to go somewhere where he has a better chance of making the NHL. I still think he could be a 4th liner for the Wings but meh.

I read somewhere(I believe thefourthperiod.com)that Malts is unlikely to be re-signed.

What about Crosty?

Fraser banged on and on all year about how the Griffins needed to get tougher, so I wouldn't be surprised if Crosty was re-signed. He's actually a very decent heavyweight with decent puck handling ability. Plus he's only 27.

If it we're up to me Id give him some NHL time (after a few injuries) and see how he does at NHL level...but of course he was only contracted to GR and not Detroit.

End of the day, if the Griffins dont add or at least retain the toughness they finished the season with then they're going to struggle again next season.

Do you think Sergei Kolosov will be back? I believe he's an RFA. One of my favorite, but I got the impression he wasn't favored by Detroit. Never got a callup - not even as a Black Ace.

Also, Lemieux must be considered departed. He didn't finish the season in GR or in Vegas, where he was sent down. Frankie spent the last bit of the season in Europe somewhere.

Their lineup is a little too small right now. I imagine that they're going to get some size from somewhere.

Veteran UFA-Veteran UFA-Mursak

Tatar-Andersson-Coetzee

Owens-Emmerton-Pare

Oulahen-Raedeke-Vigilante

Veteran UFA-Pyett

Smith-Lashoff

Ehrhardt/Piche/UFA-Kolosov

McCollum

Pearce/Veteran UFA

Their lineup is a little too small right now. I imagine that they're going to get some size from somewhere.

Veteran UFA-Veteran UFA-Mursak

Tatar-Andersson-Coetzee

Owens-Emmerton-Pare

Oulahen-Raedeke-Vigilante

Veteran UFA-Pyett

Smith-Lashoff

Ehrhardt/Piche/UFA-Kolosov

McCollum

Pearce/Veteran UFA

I do like those lines. :thumbup:

If we can sign two UFA veterans then I really like the look of those offensive lines. Mursak needs top line minutes this season, I like that 2nd line as it has a terrific blend of size, skill and defence. Emmerton and Pare is a good combination, we saw that, and the 4th is overall very sound, I hope we can keep Oulaehn around.

Good job.

Im not a fan of those lines. Far too small, far too weak to survive in the AHL.

They need an enforcer first and foremost. An essential thing in the AHL where goons are rife.

I agree. I think they'll get some size for both the top six and the fourth line, especially if Oulahen does not come back.

im excited to see how tatar fares this season, hopefully he can break through even more and get some time with the wings

It'd be nice to see him up with the club for a couple of games mid-season to get a gauge on him, but I don't really expect to see him with the Wings much more than that.

Looks like Ilari Filppula will be headed for GR. :thumbup:

Takes care of our 1st line centre issue IMO.

Rissmiller (?) - Filppula - Mursak

Tatar - Andersson - Pare

Owens - Emmerton - Coetzee

Oulahen - Raedeke - Vigilante

Love the Flip signing because I honestly think it'll provide a big boost to Jan and Tatar.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Damnit if ma boy Tardif isn't re-signed...I'll...send them an email :ranting:

Ma boy Jamie brings so much to the table. Excellent PK. Excellent net presence on the PP. Physical play. Has his teammates back. A decent scrapper. Leadership. Experience. General awesomeness.

No brainer for me. Get him signed (Kenny) and have him as Detroits 13th forward :hehe:

I'd be pretty surprised if Detroit signs Jamie again. There's a better chance for GR to offer him a contract directly if his agent can't talk another NHL club into taking a chance on Jamie.

Jamie offers a degree of entertainment on the ice. However, none of his skills IMO either individually or collectively will earn him a permanent spot on an NHL roster. The competition is too tough from higher skilled players.

His leadership may also be in question given the team's as a whole on/off ice antics last season. If its one or two guys who lose motivation or behave badly, I wouldn't point to the leader. When it become several, one begins to wonder...