• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Griffins 2010/11 Roster

Rate this topic

I'd be pretty surprised if Detroit signs Jamie again. There's a better chance for GR to offer him a contract directly if his agent can't talk another NHL club into taking a chance on Jamie.

Jamie offers a degree of entertainment on the ice. However, none of his skills IMO either individually or collectively will earn him a permanent spot on an NHL roster. The competition is too tough from higher skilled players.

His leadership may also be in question given the team's as a whole on/off ice antics last season. If its one or two guys who lose motivation or behave badly, I wouldn't point to the leader. When it become several, one begins to wonder...

To be fair to him, he's only 25. It was a big ask for him to get the full respect and authority of the locker room at his age.

I think at the very least his grit, work ethic, battles down low, winning the puck along the boards and determination will be missed if he's not re-signed. He was one of the few players to give 100% on every shift, every game last season even with a nagging knee injury (was it his knee? I cant remember).

Im very bias, obviously, because hes my favourite player in GR, BUT he has alot of qualities that when I look at the current roster and lines in this thread I think will be missed. They were pretty lacking last season and they're going to be non-existant this time around.

Currently, I think this team is going to struggle next season. They need to get bigger, grittier and tougher.

I'm going, its the first game I can take advantage of the dollar beers without my roommate getting them for me.

Haha, best deal. Don't forget that a student ID gets you discounted tickets, too.

Bought a flex pack, but won't be using that on Friday games - doesn't make any sense financially. When I did, though, the ticket agent warned me that the price of day-of tickets is going to go up; so make sure to get yours ahead of time.

Yeah, I mean I don't mind because I'm downtown 5 days a week and it's not hard to swing by the Zone inside the Van Andel and grab a couple of tickets. I never bothered with the D-Zone tickets. You can sit behind the opposing net for $10.

You're all lucky bastards. I'll be watching on AHL lives next season as me and Drumnj will stream every game live like last season.

Even those that dont go to the games, you still get to watch for free whilst my wallet gets a pounding! :ph34r:

The games are very rarely (if ever) televised.

does anyone know if Ferraro is going to be playing in Grand Rapids this coming season? I remember seeing somewhere that they signed him to a pro contract.

Assuming that Ferraro, ends up in GR and that Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok wow us at traverse city.... this is what I would like to see....

Mursak, Andersson, Williams (maybe)

Tatar, Ferraro, Filppula

Owens, Emmerton, Oulahen (maybe)

Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, Tardif (maybe)

Janik, Pyett

Kolosov,Ehrhardt

Smith, Lashoff

McCullum

Pearce

looks really promising to me

:thumbup:

Mursak, Andersson, Williams (maybe)

Tatar, Ferraro, Filppula

Owens, Emmerton, Oulahen (maybe)

Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, Tardif (maybe)

Janik, Pyett

Kolosov,Ehrhardt

Smith, Lashoff

McCullum

Pearce

looks really promising to me

:thumbup:

That team would get beat up sooo badly in the AHL. Especially with a 4th line like that.

With Tardif likely to return, we're slowly starting to get a picture.

Rissmiller (?) - Filppula - Mursak

Tatar - Emmerton - Pare

Tardif - Andersson - Coetzee

Owens - Raedeke - Vigilante

Not sure about Rissmiller, Owens and Vigilante, the rest are certainties. Doesn't look like Williams will be back, a bit of a shame, we could do with his shot.

Armstrong and Owens might be around. We're looking a bit better now but we still need 1 or 2 veteran signings.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I said Tardif would be back, and you all mocked me :ph34r:

UFA - Filppula - Mursak

Tatar - Emmerton - Pare

Owens - Andersson - Tardif

UFA - Raedeke - Vigilante/Archibald/Cord/

Pyett-Janik

Lashoff-Smith

Ehrhardt-Kolosov/Piche

McCollum

Pearce

That's how I imagine it'll end up looking like. Im guessing Coatzee will spend one more year in juniors seeing as Detriot like to be patient, and that there will be more roster spots next season when Mursak, Tatar and the like get a bump up to the NHL. I'd like that spot on the 4th line to be filled with an enforcer. Archibald and Cord I hope do enough in camp to earn a contract and get a place on the GR roster. If that happens, then I think we'll be tough enough to succeed in the AHL. We still need that UFA veteran scorer on the 1st line though. Not too sure what the defensive pairings will end up like. Anyones guess. Im hoping Janik will stay up with Detroit.

Goaltending HAS to be better this season.

Edited by uk_redwing

Owens is the only one out of that lot which will be back.

Crosty has been replaced today by Greg Amadio. One of the worst fighters in the AHL. He's massive. He fights alot (26 fights last season) but he SUCKS at fighting. He hugs, he grapples, he always loses. Crosty was a very good fighter. Shame they decided to go with Amadio instead.

I would like to see Crosty signed up, the guy is a forward/D-man so he could provide the grit for the forwards

on the 4th line. We do seem light with that type of player and we need to protect the likes of Mursak, Tatar and

Pare guys Tardif can drop them but he's more middleweight whereas Paul can go with the heavys.

Excellent, our defence is looking quite strong. :thumbup:

In fact, I do like the look of our roster for this upcoming season. Lashoff, Smith and Andersson are great additions, Mursak and Tatar will be even better, and Filppula and those two FA's we signed seem to be good fits.