• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

Anyone know if he has an out in his contact which would let him go back to Finland and play if he doesn't make the Wings team?

#22 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

Damnit if ma boy Tardif isn't re-signed...I'll...send them an email :ranting:

Ma boy Jamie brings so much to the table. Excellent PK. Excellent net presence on the PP. Physical play. Has his teammates back. A decent scrapper. Leadership. Experience. General awesomeness.

No brainer for me. Get him signed (Kenny) and have him as Detroits 13th forward :hehe:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#23 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

I'd be pretty surprised if Detroit signs Jamie again. There's a better chance for GR to offer him a contract directly if his agent can't talk another NHL club into taking a chance on Jamie.

Jamie offers a degree of entertainment on the ice. However, none of his skills IMO either individually or collectively will earn him a permanent spot on an NHL roster. The competition is too tough from higher skilled players.

His leadership may also be in question given the team's as a whole on/off ice antics last season. If its one or two guys who lose motivation or behave badly, I wouldn't point to the leader. When it become several, one begins to wonder...

#24 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:25 AM

I'm really excited to see what Filppula older can bring to the table.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#25 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

I agree. A trip up to Traverse City for training camp might be happening. I'd like to see the brothers play on a line together.

#26 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

I'd be pretty surprised if Detroit signs Jamie again. There's a better chance for GR to offer him a contract directly if his agent can't talk another NHL club into taking a chance on Jamie.

Jamie offers a degree of entertainment on the ice. However, none of his skills IMO either individually or collectively will earn him a permanent spot on an NHL roster. The competition is too tough from higher skilled players.

His leadership may also be in question given the team's as a whole on/off ice antics last season. If its one or two guys who lose motivation or behave badly, I wouldn't point to the leader. When it become several, one begins to wonder...

To be fair to him, he's only 25. It was a big ask for him to get the full respect and authority of the locker room at his age.

I think at the very least his grit, work ethic, battles down low, winning the puck along the boards and determination will be missed if he's not re-signed. He was one of the few players to give 100% on every shift, every game last season even with a nagging knee injury (was it his knee? I cant remember).

Im very bias, obviously, because hes my favourite player in GR, BUT he has alot of qualities that when I look at the current roster and lines in this thread I think will be missed. They were pretty lacking last season and they're going to be non-existant this time around.

Currently, I think this team is going to struggle next season. They need to get bigger, grittier and tougher.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#27 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

The good news is that I heard Jamie bought a house in the GR area. So he could know more than what's been released.

#28 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

The good news is that I heard Jamie bought a house in the GR area. So he could know more than what's been released.

That news pleases me :thumbup:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:31 AM

Friday, October 8 is the Griffins home opener. Who's going?

#30 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

I'm going, its the first game I can take advantage of the dollar beers without my roommate getting them for me.

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#31 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

I'm going, its the first game I can take advantage of the dollar beers without my roommate getting them for me.

Haha, best deal. Don't forget that a student ID gets you discounted tickets, too.

Bought a flex pack, but won't be using that on Friday games - doesn't make any sense financially. When I did, though, the ticket agent warned me that the price of day-of tickets is going to go up; so make sure to get yours ahead of time.

#32 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

s*** that sucks...I liked the whole get there at 5:45 and buy a 5 dolla ticket just in time for the dollar beers at 6. At least I'm not living out in Allendale this year and it won't be a problem going to van andel early

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#33 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, I mean I don't mind because I'm downtown 5 days a week and it's not hard to swing by the Zone inside the Van Andel and grab a couple of tickets. I never bothered with the D-Zone tickets. You can sit behind the opposing net for $10.

#34 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

You're all lucky bastards. I'll be watching on AHL lives next season as me and Drumnj will stream every game live like last season.

Even those that dont go to the games, you still get to watch for free whilst my wallet gets a pounding! :ph34r:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#35 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:50 AM

You're all lucky bastards. I'll be watching on AHL lives next season as me and Drumnj will stream every game live like last season.

Even those that dont go to the games, you still get to watch for free whilst my wallet gets a pounding! :ph34r:

The games are very rarely (if ever) televised.

#36 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

does anyone know if Ferraro is going to be playing in Grand Rapids this coming season? I remember seeing somewhere that they signed him to a pro contract.

Assuming that Ferraro, ends up in GR and that Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok wow us at traverse city.... this is what I would like to see....

Mursak, Andersson, Williams (maybe)
Tatar, Ferraro, Filppula
Owens, Emmerton, Oulahen (maybe)
Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, Tardif (maybe)

Janik, Pyett
Kolosov,Ehrhardt
Smith, Lashoff

McCullum
Pearce

looks really promising to me
:thumbup:
be about it!

#37 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Mursak, Andersson, Williams (maybe)
Tatar, Ferraro, Filppula
Owens, Emmerton, Oulahen (maybe)
Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, Tardif (maybe)

Janik, Pyett
Kolosov,Ehrhardt
Smith, Lashoff

McCullum
Pearce

looks really promising to me

:thumbup:

That team would get beat up sooo badly in the AHL. Especially with a 4th line like that.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#38 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

you gotta start somewhere...
be about it!

#39 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

With Tardif likely to return, we're slowly starting to get a picture.

Rissmiller (?) - Filppula - Mursak
Tatar - Emmerton - Pare
Tardif - Andersson - Coetzee
Owens - Raedeke - Vigilante

Not sure about Rissmiller, Owens and Vigilante, the rest are certainties. Doesn't look like Williams will be back, a bit of a shame, we could do with his shot.

Armstrong and Owens might be around. We're looking a bit better now but we still need 1 or 2 veteran signings.

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 29 June 2010 - 11:02 AM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#40 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

Did George just read my post? :P

My link

I had it about right anyway! I am good aren't I?

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 29 June 2010 - 12:17 PM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.