Photo
- - - - -

Bettman Responsible For Yzerman Leaving?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

get the tin foil hat lynch mob together!

http://sportsillustr....yzerman/1.html

works every time

#2 Spinner

Spinner

4th line spectator

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:12 AM

That bastard!!!
He found the key to success 4 hours before he found the hole in his pocket.

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#4 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image

hahaha

perfect.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#5 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:49 AM

Like Bettman knows enough about hockey to make ANY kind of a suggestion.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:53 AM

well played...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#7 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

I'm sooo sick of Bettman. Seeing him makes me angry, is there not anyway we can group together and get this f***** out here????? Im serious
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

I dislike Bettman as much as the next person, but he didn't make Stevie take the job. That said, I hope Stevie Y comes back to Detroit when the time and situation permits. And I hope Bettman goes to Hell. :)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#9 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

if someone honestly believes bettman steered stevie to tampa to somehow sabotage the RW they need to get their head examined.

#10 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

As much as I would like to agree with you, you're wrong.

As much as we dislike this decision from a Hockey standpoint, it is a great decision from a Business standpoint.

As I've posted before, the fix for the NHL as a league from the hockey fans standpoint is simple.

Divide the NHL commissioner job into two positions:

Director of NHL Business: Gary Bettman (anyone who argues Bettman isn't a good for the NHL from a business standpoint is clueless)

Director of NHL Hockey: Brendan Shanahan.

POW! League fixed.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#11 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

Oh, please - do tell how Gary has demonstrated any knowledge of the game itself. I have a better hockey mind than he does, and I was against the Wings signing Stevie. (He was too small. Thought he'd need bodyguards AKA Gretzky. The difference is, I can admit my mistakes.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#12 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Oh, please - do tell how Gary has demonstrated any knowledge of the game itself. I have a better hockey mind than he does, and I was against the Wings signing Stevie. (He was too small. Thought he'd need bodyguards AKA Gretzky. The difference is, I can admit my mistakes.

Read my post. It WAS a good decision for the business side of the NHL. I agree, Bettman doesn't know anything about hockey....but he is a hell of a good CEO from a business standpoint.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#13 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

1. Come up with crazy story around popular news story.
2. Get tons of visitors to website.
3. ???
4. Profit!

#14 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

Read my post. It WAS a good decision for the business side of the NHL. I agree, Bettman doesn't know anything about hockey....but he is a hell of a good CEO from a business standpoint.

I DID read it. I said he doesn't know enough about hockey, you told me I was wrong, then you said he doesn't know about hockey, but he does know about business. Who's not reading?

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#15 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Yeah.. right...
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#16 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

As much as we dislike this decision from a Hockey standpoint, it is a great decision from a Business standpoint.

As I've posted before, the fix for the NHL as a league from the hockey fans standpoint is simple.

Director of NHL Business: Gary Bettman (anyone who argues Bettman isn't a good for the NHL from a business standpoint is clueless)

POW! League fixed.

Even tho I hate Bettman, I must agree business standpoint his getting it done thus far.

#17 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

POW! League fixed.

That's the way it is currently working. Bettman is pretty much the lawyer/business guy. There are others who deal with Hockey operations. You have Bettman commenting and answering hockey operations type questions because he is the commissioner, but he is largely outside that process. He's not the guy making all the decisions that some woudl be lead to believe.

#18 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

Even tho I hate Bettman, I must agree business standpoint his getting it done thus far.

I agree if it wasn't for the franchises in Atlanta, Nashville and especially Phoenix this league would be in a bad financial situation.
Bettman is a lawyer... not a businessman or sportsman.

#19 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

What a terrible article. Not a single thing to like Yzerman and Bettman and Tampa Bay other than the writer pulling it out of his own ass. Not even a made-up quote from an "insider" :(
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#20 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

What a terrible article. Not a single thing to like Yzerman and Bettman and Tampa Bay other than the writer pulling it out of his own ass. Not even a made-up quote from an "insider" :(

for real...******* writer should team up with that giant ass eklund.