• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kook_10

Bettman Responsible For Yzerman Leaving?

Rate this topic

Like Bettman knows enough about hockey to make ANY kind of a suggestion.

As much as I would like to agree with you, you're wrong.

As much as we dislike this decision from a Hockey standpoint, it is a great decision from a Business standpoint.

As I've posted before, the fix for the NHL as a league from the hockey fans standpoint is simple.

Divide the NHL commissioner job into two positions:

Director of NHL Business: Gary Bettman (anyone who argues Bettman isn't a good for the NHL from a business standpoint is clueless)

Director of NHL Hockey: Brendan Shanahan.

POW! League fixed.

Oh, please - do tell how Gary has demonstrated any knowledge of the game itself. I have a better hockey mind than he does, and I was against the Wings signing Stevie. (He was too small. Thought he'd need bodyguards AKA Gretzky. The difference is, I can admit my mistakes.

Oh, please - do tell how Gary has demonstrated any knowledge of the game itself. I have a better hockey mind than he does, and I was against the Wings signing Stevie. (He was too small. Thought he'd need bodyguards AKA Gretzky. The difference is, I can admit my mistakes.

Read my post. It WAS a good decision for the business side of the NHL. I agree, Bettman doesn't know anything about hockey....but he is a hell of a good CEO from a business standpoint.

Read my post. It WAS a good decision for the business side of the NHL. I agree, Bettman doesn't know anything about hockey....but he is a hell of a good CEO from a business standpoint.

I DID read it. I said he doesn't know enough about hockey, you told me I was wrong, then you said he doesn't know about hockey, but he does know about business. Who's not reading?

As much as we dislike this decision from a Hockey standpoint, it is a great decision from a Business standpoint.

As I've posted before, the fix for the NHL as a league from the hockey fans standpoint is simple.

Director of NHL Business: Gary Bettman (anyone who argues Bettman isn't a good for the NHL from a business standpoint is clueless)

POW! League fixed.

Even tho I hate Bettman, I must agree business standpoint his getting it done thus far.

POW! League fixed.

That's the way it is currently working. Bettman is pretty much the lawyer/business guy. There are others who deal with Hockey operations. You have Bettman commenting and answering hockey operations type questions because he is the commissioner, but he is largely outside that process. He's not the guy making all the decisions that some woudl be lead to believe.

Even tho I hate Bettman, I must agree business standpoint his getting it done thus far.

I agree if it wasn't for the franchises in Atlanta, Nashville and especially Phoenix this league would be in a bad financial situation.

Bettman is a lawyer... not a businessman or sportsman.

What a terrible article. Not a single thing to like Yzerman and Bettman and Tampa Bay other than the writer pulling it out of his own ass. Not even a made-up quote from an "insider" :(

What a terrible article. Not a single thing to like Yzerman and Bettman and Tampa Bay other than the writer pulling it out of his own ass. Not even a made-up quote from an "insider" :(

for real...******* writer should team up with that giant ass eklund.

Bettman may know stuff about business, but his worst business decision by far was not taking the 3 year tv deal from ESPN coming out of the lockout. The amount of money made compared to the ESPN offer is tiny compared to the amount of coverage ESPN would have offered them.

That's the way it is currently working. Bettman is pretty much the lawyer/business guy. There are others who deal with Hockey operations. You have Bettman commenting and answering hockey operations type questions because he is the commissioner, but he is largely outside that process. He's not the guy making all the decisions that some woudl be lead to believe.

Yes, but the snide, condescending way he answers questions is at the heart of the fans' hatred of him. He's routinely booed in rinks across the league, mocked on radio shows, the subject of countless conspiracy theories and rants online and is generally disliked among the hockey writing press (mostly because of the way he answers their questions).

But why have it that way? The business portion of his job doesn't require interaction with the media, hire another figurehead to be the commissioner that is more media savvy.

This article just proves my point-- only a figure as universally reviled as Bettman would be vilified for the mundane movement of executives between franchises. Yzerman being GM of the Lightning gives that team new credibility and thus is good for the league and the game.

I DID read it. I said he doesn't know enough about hockey, you told me I was wrong, then you said he doesn't know about hockey, but he does know about business. Who's not reading?

I think we're both half right. Bettman doesn't know anything about hockey (hockey), but is good at hockey (business).

Yes, but the snide, condescending way he answers questions is at the heart of the fans' hatred of him. He's routinely booed in rinks across the league, mocked on radio shows, the subject of countless conspiracy theories and rants online and is generally disliked among the hockey writing press (mostly because of the way he answers their questions).

But why have it that way? The business portion of his job doesn't require interaction with the media, hire another figurehead to be the commissioner that is more media savvy.

This article just proves my point-- only a figure as universally reviled as Bettman would be vilified for the mundane movement of executives between franchises. Yzerman being GM of the Lightning gives that team new credibility and thus is good for the league and the game.

Cheque Please.