• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

KHL to possibly lose 4th team

Rate this topic

At best, it's a house of cards.

I briefly mentioned this in another thread, great if they can sustain it but i'm not holding my breath. They need a salary cap. lol

Guest Lidstromboli

the KHL has a a salary cap.

562.5 mil roubles

23.5 mil euros

29.10 mil dollars

i think

Guest Crymson

The KHL is giving far too many big contracts. It can't last, but it's also the only thing that allows them to draw players away from the NHL.

It's a doomed enterprise, IMO.

Edited by Crymson

the KHL has a a salary cap.

562.5 mil roubles

23.5 mil euros

29.10 mil dollars

i think

After some research you are indeed correct they do have a cap. I found two different set of figures though.

Salary cap

The aggregate income of all players of a team was limited to 620 million rubles (~$20 million USD). Minimum aggregate salary for the players was 200 million rubles (~$6.5 million USD). Each teams was allowed one "franchise player" exception, who did not count towards the cap.

A salary cap 562,500,000 roubles (roughly 23.5 million euros) was adopted for a squad of 25 players, of which 162,500,000 roubles (6.8 millions) was to be spent on four "star players".

The KHL is giving far too many big contracts. It can't last, but it's also the only thing that allows them to draw players away from the NHL.

It's a doomed enterprise, IMO.

Actually, the KHL is only losing 2 teams, as united Dinamo remains in, and Avtomobilist can not count as lost, as it never was in. It was hoping to join the KHL next year but failed to acquire adequate financing. Also at least one ("Yugra" from the oil regions of Siberia), possibly 2 new teams are due to come in.

Five years ago, NHL also seemed a doomed enterprise, don't you remember? :rolleyes:

And finally, what was the NHL like in its second year?

Wishing it will not make it so. :P

Edited by sibiriak

The KHL is another WHA. Throwing about money it may or may not have, raiding the NHL for players, and has franchise stability issues.

I think the KHL and the other European leagues should put together a Super League with their strongest franchises, on and off the ice.

Guest Lidstromboli

That sucks to hear. Eventually hockey over there will collapse completely. I wish them the best. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't watch my Wings anymore.

khl =/= all of hockey in russia

Guest Shoreline

Send an email to Obama.He hands out bailouts like Kenny hands out NTCs :P

Don't forget Bush!

Maybe if they work for Goldman Sachs or maybe had a one night stand with someone who works at Goldman Sachs they are part of the bailout package.

Who didn't see this coming though?

I agree with those who are demonizing the KHL that the NHL does similar antics, but the KHL is ******* stupid with money. They're basically the NHL pre-cap era, except without much revenue at all to begin with. I'll toast to that! *swigs some vodka*