• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Next Season Schedule Released on June 22

Rate this topic

Other notes of from the State of the Union:

- The Heritage Classic's February 20th date is not set in stone.

- The Pens / Capitals match-up will be officially announced next week.

- The Capitals will be getting the Winter Classic within the next 2-3 years.

- The format of the All-Star game is being reviewed to make it 'irresistible to watch'

- The Wings will play the Wild for Hockey Day in America, which is February 20th.

2010-11 NHL EVENTS

Kraft Hockeyville, Sep. 28, Sabres v. Senators

Compuware NHL Premiere™, Oct. 7-10: Blue Jackets v. Sharks, Stockholm; Hurricanes v. Wild

Helsinki; Bruins v. Coyotes, Prague

NHL Face-Off, Oct. 7, Canadiens v. Maple Leafs, Toronto, ON

NHL Hall of Fame Game, Nov. 6

Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, Jan. 1: Capitals v. Penguins, Heinz Field, Pittsburgh

NHL All-Star Weekend, Jan. 29-30: Raleigh, NC

Hockey Day In Canada, Feb. 12

Hockey Day in America, Feb. 20

NHL Heritage Classic™, Feb. 20: Canadiens v. Flames, McMahon Stadium, Calgary, AB (pending approval of the Competition Committee)

2011 Stanley Cup® Playoffs, April 13

NHL Awards™, Jun. 22, Las Vegas, NV

NHL Entry Draft, Jun. 24-25, St. Paul, MN

Other notes of from the State of the Union:

- The Heritage Classic's February 20th date is not set in stone.

- The Pens / Capitals match-up will be officially announced next week.

- The Capitals will be getting the Winter Classic within the next 2-3 years.

- The format of the All-Star game is being reviewed to make it 'irresistible to watch'

- The Wings will play the Wild for Hockey Day in America, which is February 20th.

2010-11 NHL EVENTS

Kraft Hockeyville, Sep. 28, Sabres v. Senators

Compuware NHL Premiere™, Oct. 7-10: Blue Jackets v. Sharks, Stockholm; Hurricanes v. Wild

Helsinki; Bruins v. Coyotes, Prague

NHL Face-Off, Oct. 7, Canadiens v. Maple Leafs, Toronto, ON

NHL Hall of Fame Game, Nov. 6

Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, Jan. 1: Capitals v. Penguins, Heinz Field, Pittsburgh

NHL All-Star Weekend, Jan. 29-30: Raleigh, NC

Hockey Day In Canada, Feb. 12

Hockey Day in America, Feb. 20

NHL Heritage Classic™, Feb. 20: Canadiens v. Flames, McMahon Stadium, Calgary, AB (pending approval of the Competition Committee)

2011 Stanley Cup® Playoffs, April 13

NHL Awards™, Jun. 22, Las Vegas, NV

NHL Entry Draft, Jun. 24-25, St. Paul, MN

Off Topic but speaking of next year does anyone know if our ticket prices are going up?

I heard some season tickets are going up.

I got an email form the Wings yesterday. My tickets have been raised from $1026 to $1095 in the $22 seat area. An average of $1.80 a ticket. Not too happy about it. They lowered some of the $44 seats to $33 a few years ago, because people weren't buying them. But they have never lowered the price of my seats, even after the salary cap was brought in.

You also have to renew by June 24th. Because they got knocked out earlier, the Wings probably need to make some interest off of our money this summer. Used to be the money didn't have to be paid until August.

I Wish playoffs were set in stone.

I'm going to be in Afghanistan next year, and I may or may not be back before the 2011 finals. We leave june this year...so return june 2011....but that's cutting it damn close ;-p We'd have to get back early June for me to catch the finals. Granted, I Will make every effort to watch games from Afghanistan (Managed to catch about 80% of the playoffs when I was in Iraq...at the cost of much lost sleep lol).

Least I'll be home in 2012. I've already predicted a 2012 Redwings cup. 2002, 2008, 2012. Yes....that does have a nice ring to it, doesn't it. I was home on leave in 2008 for the finals, specifically took leave just for that reason. 2002 I was living, of all places in Colorado. Man.....I talked so much s*** after the statue of liberty game 7....for months and months. I've never nearly gotten beat up so many times in my life as that year :) I Would wear my redwings Jersey in public, and anytime someone yelled something or said something, I'd strike a statue of liberty pose and drop whatever I had in my hands behind me. Good times.

Edited by Joseph Franks