• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

I'm surprised that people think Lidstrom would take less then 5 million. There is NO way that happens. I think he will sign for 6-6.5 and that's a discount.

The team is going to be the exact same next year. The only difference is +Hudler and -Williams.

Big changes will come in 2011-2012...big changes.

Hurray for the 2010-2011 2nd round exit :thumbdown:

Anyways did anyone do the math if, say, the cap went up 2million, lidstrom signed a 5M contract, goodbye to bertuzzi, williams, hudler back on board, holmstrom back with similar or cheaper contract, re-sign all RFA except one (goodbye eaves/miller/ritola).. how much room are we talking about?

Edited by mindfly, 31 May 2010 - 08:43 AM.

#62 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:56 AM

You're assuming that they'll actually make the playoffs. Not really a given these days.

#63 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

Anyways did anyone do the math if, say, the cap went up 2million, lidstrom signed a 5M contract, goodbye to bertuzzi, williams, hudler back on board, holmstrom back with similar or cheaper contract, re-sign all RFA except one (goodbye eaves/miller/ritola).. how much room are we talking about?

Somewhere around 3-4m most likely.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#64 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

I doubt Eaves is gone
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#65 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

All i know is if Lids signs for anything more then 5.5 i dont see the Wings going that far into the playoffs if they actually make it. The team we had this year was one of the worst in a long time, we need way more scoring depth and if Lids signs that high i dont see any more help coming in.

#66 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

Not going to lie if Lids take 6mill or more knowing the Wings are tight against the cap im going to lose a little respect for the guy, and it will show why YZERMAN is the one and only TRUE captain of the Wings.

Like the year Stevie made 8.5 Million and played 16 games due to his osteotomy surgery?

The year Yzerman took his "big" paycut, he was basically a third liner with one good leg. And it was the first season after the lockout. Market values were down because all GM's were clamping down on salaries since they had broken the player's union.

He didn't take millions less than his market value as a top player in the game, like people are expecting Lidstrom to.

To be clear, I'm not knocking Stevie. He was paid well in his career and should've been. But to say he took some huge discount for the good of the team in his final season overlooks a lot of facts.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 31 May 2010 - 09:52 AM.

#67 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

Like the year Stevie made 8.5 Million and played 16 games due to his osteotomy surgery?

The year Yzerman took his "big" paycut, he was basically a third liner with one good leg. And it was the first season after the lockout. Market values were down because all GM's were clamping down on salaries since they had broken the player's union.

He didn't take millions less than his market value as a top player in the game, like people are expecting Lidstrom to.

To be clear, I'm not knocking Stevie. He was paid well in his career and should've been. But to say he took some huge discount for the good of the team in his final season overlooks a lot of facts.

He took less than Draper and Maltby made that year. Really, I think it's more about Yzerman taking much less than he likely could have gotten, than being that far under what he deserved. He was almost certainly in the same situation as Nick, in that he probably could have written his own check more or less. If he had asked for 4 million, I doubt anyone would have said no.

Nick has made almost $90 million in his career. Money shouldn't be a factor now. He also should know that the organization respects him enough to basically give him whatever he wants. In light of that, if he takes over $5m I would be a little disappointed in him.

#68 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

Lidstrom isn't really worth as much anymore as people are making it seem like to be honest. 5 millionish is probably market value. Yeah Rafalski makes more but just cause one guy is over paid doesn't mean they all should. That Phoenix series really showed LIdstrom's age is catching up with him.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#69 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Lidstrom isn't really worth as much anymore as people are making it seem like to be honest. 5 millionish is probably market value. Yeah Rafalski makes more but just cause one guy is over paid doesn't mean they all should. That Phoenix series really showed LIdstrom's age is catching up with him.

Yeah, Lidstrom's value is 5 million .. just like Volchenkov's (he's gonna get it)?
If you actually looked at his defensive numbers (goals against, quality of opposition etc.) you would never said such BS. He is slower, makes more mistakes and despite that he is still BY FAR the best defenseman Wings have. :rolleyes:

Edited by Reds4Life, 31 May 2010 - 04:13 PM.