• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

SCF Game One GDT

Rate this topic

I see them as fairly similar teams, they both have depth and a solid group of defenseman headlined by one elite guy. I just think overall the hawks are a little bit better in every area. Philadelphia certainly has a chance but if I was a bettin man I would put my money on the hawks. Can you imagine if the flyers won though? That would be one of the most incredible runs in sports history. They had to win a shoot out on the last day of the regular season to even make the playoffs and then they come back from down 3-0 in a series to win. It would be truly incredible if they pulled this off.

I see them as fairly similar teams, they both have depth and a solid group of defenseman headlined by one elite guy. I just think overall the hawks are a little bit better in every area. Philadelphia certainly has a chance but if I was a bettin man I would put my money on the hawks. Can you imagine if the flyers won though? That would be one of the most incredible runs in sports history. They had to win a shoot out on the last day of the regular season to even make the playoffs and then they come back from down 3-0 in a series to win. It would be truly incredible if they pulled this off.

If the Flyers win the cup, everyone will need to play a drinking game and take a shot every time you hear "team" and destiny" in the same sentence.

Boucher to return, Ladd to miss Game 1

CHICAGO (AP)—Philadelphia Flyers goalie Brian Boucher is available for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, while Chicago Blackhawks forward Andrew Ladd will sit out with an undisclosed injury.

Boucher had missed seven straight playoff games with injuries to both knees after leaving Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against Boston. He’s expected to back up Michael Leighton.

The Blackhawks hope to have Ladd available at some point in the series after he was injured in the clinching win over San Jose in the Western Conference finals. He has not been able to practice this week.

With Ladd out, coach Joel Quenneville says Tomas Kopecky will take his place on the line alongside Dave Bolland and Kris Versteeg at least to start.

welcome back Kopecky lol

Either the 'Hawks are going to wipe the floor with the Flyers, OR it'll go to seven games, at which point it's either team's Cup.

I agree. Hawks are clearly the better team. But Philly did just come back from a 3-0 deficit for the 3rd time in NHL History (1st I've ever personally witnessed it happen, in 15 years of watching hockey), and shut out Montreal 3 of 5 games.

Skill wise....this goes way in favor of the Hawks. But Philly is one hell of a tenacious Cinderella team this year. As far as Cinderella teams go....I've never seen any do quite what Philly has done.

This is about as even as it comes. No clear favourite to win. It should be an exciting series.

I'm just waiting to see if Kopecky can finish a year without a season-ending injury.

Really? Chicago finished third in the league. Philly- 18th. I think clearly the Hawks are the favorite.

In the regular season, absolutely.

Phili has proven time and again this post-season that they can't be counted out.

Both teams are alive and fighting. At this point, I don't see one team being clearly superior.

Hawks have Kopecky. Hawks win. ;)