• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedFX

Newly Signed Brendan Smith Charged With Disorderly Conduct

Rate this topic

Story

Prosecutors say the former University of Wisconsin2_bing.gif player repeatedly punched a man who tried to get into a house party May 6.

Smith was charged Friday, the Wisconsin State Journal reported. The Mimico, Ontario, native is scheduled to make an initial court appearance Tuesday.

Well.............that was quick

Edited by RedFX

Idiot....

Obviously it's easy to make jokes, but I hope the guy is alright. Smith isn't exactly tiny, he's 6'2" and almost 200 pounds. Hopefully more comes out about if Smith was protecting people but it sounds Smith was being a typical guy at a college party.

Hope this doesn't reflect on his character...

And in another article:

In the court complaint (which Treleven includes), Smith does not deny that he punched one Alexander J. Popp when Popp and a friend were unhappily received at the door to the residence, but he insists that he was "sucker punched" first.

I did some digging in the Snapshots archives, and on October 11th, 2008 I noted that Smith was suspended from the University of Wisconsin's men's hockey team for "violating team rules."

The Wisconsin Capital Times' Todd D. Milewski reported that Smith faced four charges, including, "driving while under the influence; the other charges were for underage drinking or possession of alcohol and driving with a passenger on a moped" (as I stated on Friday, he really did get a DUI while driving on a moped).

Sounds like a rowdy kid...hop this pick doesn't come back to bite us, he has been my favorite prospect thus far, Drake can attest to that.

If he repeatedly punched a man trying to get into a house party, doesn't that suggest that those at the party didn't want the guy there?

It's entirely possible that the guy who Smith punched was trying to crash the party and when asked to leave he wouldn't, and it got violent. At that point what can you do; it's a he-said/she-said situation.

If he repeatedly punched a man trying to get into a house party, doesn't that suggest that those at the party didn't want the guy there?

It's entirely possible that the guy who Smith punched was trying to crash the party and when asked to leave he wouldn't, and it got violent. At that point what can you do; it's a he-said/she-said situation.

That was my first reaction to the story.

Maybe. It could also suggest he engages in random violence, or anything in between. But what we do know is that he's be charged with a crime.

College sports can sometimes result in an idiotic kind of lifestyle. I won't pretend like he's a victim of the life he leads or some s***, but once he gets to Grand Rapids he'll be surrounded by people trying to make a career for themselves - not dudes going to frat parties every night. I'm sure it will do a lot of good for him.

Smith is gonna be a really god player. He's going to have at least number 3 talent and I expect since he's out of college hockey he'll develop more of a nasty side to his game.

He beat Greenop in a fight before and Greenop is one tough Mofo