• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

king_malice

Articles/Reports on players coming in and going out..

Rate this topic

I was speaking (typing) in more general terms. I don't think the addition of Armstrong would necessarily mean that another gritty player won't be signed. Without letting Bert, Homer, or someone else most assume have a spot on the roster, there is little room for Armstrong under the cap with Lids coming back for 5+ million. I would love to have Armstrong, but I think the Wings need to keep looking for someone with more toughness than him (for the forth line, whether or not Armstrong is signed). If Abby is the toughest player on the Wings next year, I will be disappointed.

Exactly what I was thinking. I want Armstrong obviously because he plays mean and puts up decent points but a guy like Burish Or Nystrom on the 4th line plus Armstrong and Abdelkader inserted in the line up would have this team just as good skill wise, if not better the last year and a whole lot tougher.

Winchester, Burish or Nystrom signed, Abdelkader up full time and Armstrong in the line up would have the wings looking twice as mean as last year and better overall with Hudler and Armstrong both putting up points. Armstrong would be more free to play his big hit game if he had a guy who could step in for him and back him up more often then just Abdelkader.

Abby,Helm,Eaves would be a perfectly fine 4th line they all can chip in with points plus there all fast and like to hit, i do like the idea of Burish in but i would be happy with the 4th line of eaves,abby,helm, and i would rather have Helm,Abby,Eaves go out there and run someone over then have another guy drop the gloves.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Armstrong

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm ( this line would draw alot of PP with the speed and hitting they would be doing)

Like i said i think this line-up would be great for next season, 3 lines that can produce points and a speedy 4th line that could probably dominate alot of other teams 4th lines. But Burish would be a nice fill in if Eaves doesnt come back

Abby,Helm,Eaves would be a perfectly fine 4th line they all can chip in with points plus there all fast and like to hit, i do like the idea of Burish in but i would be happy with the 4th line of eaves,abby,helm, and i would rather have Helm,Abby,Eaves go out there and run someone over then have another guy drop the gloves.

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm ( this line would draw alot of PP with the speed and hitting they would be doing)

Like i said i think this line-up would be great for next season, 3 lines that can produce points and a speedy 4th line that could probably dominate alot of other teams 4th lines. But Burish would be a nice fill in if Eaves doesnt come back

Thats the thing though, you can have a guy go out there run people over left and right AND drop the gloves when they need to. Burish is a probably just as fast as Abdelkader, will fight and can PK just as good as all 3 of them.

Nystrom has more offensive ability then all 3 of those guys, hits and is one of the better middle weights in the league. You don't have to have strictly fast guys that can hit or just fighters. There aare players like Winchester, Burish and Nystrom out there who won't be much money at all who are better 4th line type players then someone like Eaves.

Thats the thing though, you can have a guy go out there run people over left and right AND drop the gloves when they need to. Burish is a probably just as fast as Abdelkader, will fight and can PK just as good as all 3 of them.

Nystrom has more offensive ability then all 3 of those guys, hits and is one of the better middle weights in the league. You don't have to have strictly fast guys that can hit or just fighters. There aare players like Winchester, Burish and Nystrom out there who won't be much money at all who are better 4th line type players then someone like Eaves.

I understand that im just saying i would much rather have Armstrong over Burish/Nystrom or Winchester, but if we werent bringing back Eaves im am 100% down for bringing in one of them my choice would be Burish. I would love for this to happen.

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Bursih-Abdlekader-Helm

I understand that im just saying i would much rather have Armstrong over Burish/Nystrom or Winchester, but if we werent bringing back Eaves im am 100% down for bringing in one of them my choice would be Burish. I would love for this to happen.

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Bursih-Abdlekader-Helm

Swap Hudler for Williams, Miller for Nystrom, Burish or Winchester(any of those 3 would be sick) and perhaps Lilja for Brookbank if Lilja doesnt return or asks too much and this team looks better to me.

Colby Armstrong? Are we playing too much NHL 2010 and basing our decisions on the newest roster update or something?

Colby Armstrong made $2.4mill last year and produced 15 goals for the thrashers...

Patrick Eaves made $500,000 last year and produced 12 goals for the red wings...

Figure it out...

Colby Armstrong? Are we playing too much NHL 2010 and basing our decisions on the newest roster update or something?

Colby Armstrong made $2.4mill last year and produced 15 goals for the thrashers...

Patrick Eaves made $500,000 last year and produced 12 goals for the red wings...

Figure it out...

maybe read all posts ?! just an idea

"The News, however, does suggest the Wings could go after a depth forward, with Atlanta Thrashers forward Colby Armstrong linked as a possibility".

Armstrong plays a way tougher game then Eaves does to.

Figure it out....!

maybe read all posts ?! just an idea

"The News, however, does suggest the Wings could go after a depth forward, with Atlanta Thrashers forward Colby Armstrong linked as a possibility".

Armstrong plays a way tougher game then Eaves does to.

Figure it out....!

I obviously read the whole thread, why pay that much more for "a tougher game"? The reply is warranted seeing how the move would make no sense at all...maybe in a fantasy league or be a GM mode. We all have our opinions but I believe we are in for a boring off season. The roster is balanced...

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

How does this roster work under the cap if Lids is returning for over 5 million? I'd like it as much as anyone, but with Lids coming back (and Draper on the books), it likely won't happen unless you switch Armstrong for Bert or Homer. Then, we are left in the same need/want for a 4th line gritty/fighter that we were before Armstrong was mentioned. Therefore, if isn't as much as Armstrong vs. Burish-type as much as it is Armstrong vs. Bert or Homer.

Did you read the entire original post?

Did you catch the part about Armstrong?

That would be at least 15 goals from a right-handed versatile winger who plays a physical game. Hardly "the same team". No?

Colby Armstrong made 2.4 million with the Thrashers last year. That is a mere $475,000 LESS than what Hudler will make this year. It makes absolutely no sense for Holland to sign him, unless he wants to take a $1.5 million pay cut.

Regardless of who says what, I HIGHLY doubt Armstrong will be with Detroit next season based solely on the fact of how much he earned last year, and how much Detroit SERIOUSLY could offer him in terms of monetary compensation.

Colby Armstrong made 2.4 million with the Thrashers last year. That is a mere $475,000 LESS than what Hudler will make this year. It makes absolutely no sense for Holland to sign him, unless he wants to take a $1.5 million pay cut.

Regardless of who says what, I HIGHLY doubt Armstrong will be with Detroit next season based solely on the fact of how much he earned last year, and how much Detroit SERIOUSLY could offer him in terms of monetary compensation.

My point exactly...

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Colby Armstrong ($2.000m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.650m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / * Darren Helm ($0.850m) / * Adam Burish ($0.775m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.750m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 20; CAP: $56.8m; PAYROLL: $56.105m; CAP ROOM: $0.695m BONUSES: $0.000m

* Colby Armstrong ($2.000m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.650m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / * Darren Helm ($0.850m) / * Adam Burish ($0.775m)

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

BIG fan of this.

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

With the exception of the fact this figure doesn't include Ritola or Miller, both players who have been and will be offered new contracts, it looks good. But still unlikely.

With the exception of the fact this figure doesn't include Ritola or Miller, both players who have been and will be offered new contracts, it looks good. But still unlikely.

Just because guys are going to be given qualifying offers as RFAs doesn't mean they will be back. Holland has to do this in case someone offers them an offer sheet Detroit will get compensation.

DEFENSEMEN

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

I wish we could get this. But, I don't see Armstrong taking less money than he currently makes, and I think Bert and Homer will get slight raises above what you have. A larger problem is that you don't have any spare forwards or defensemen, and there is little cap room. There will be two more players on the roster than you have listed, and, as a result, you would need to work your number down a bit more for the roster to work even with two league minimum players. If Lids takes a large paycut it could happen, but I would personally bet against it.

Just because guys are going to be given qualifying offers as RFAs doesn't mean they will be back. Holland has to do this in case someone offers them an offer sheet Detroit will get compensation.

Right, of course. But I thought Holland said he wanted to give Ritola every opportunity to make the team this year, and that he had a large desire in resigning Miller. Armstrong would be great, but I still think it's a stretch. Burish, however, is a real possiblity in my eyes.

Ritola already signed and Miller is an obvious fit given his work ethic and ties to Michigan. wow guys!

Miller hardly does anything out there. He played well on the PK but we're used to seeing our superstars play the PK. Honestly what Miller did on the PK this year isn't much different then what your average 3rd or 4th line gritty guy could do. Eaves is the one that turned it around I think.

Everyone on the team needs to provide something, Miller doesn't provide anything.

Miller hardly does anything out there. He played well on the PK but we're used to seeing our superstars play the PK. Honestly what Miller did on the PK this year isn't much different then what your average 3rd or 4th line gritty guy could do. Eaves is the one that turned it around I think.

Everyone on the team needs to provide something, Miller doesn't provide anything.

I think (along with Babcock & Holland & pretty much the whole organization) that Miller filled in really well when Franzen & Fill were hurt...

Holmstrom cannot play on a line other than the 1st. It's been this way for years it won't change now. Everyone conveniently forgets this when creating their lineups. You're looking at something closer to:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Flip-Franzen

Armstrong-Helm-Bertuzzi

Abdelkader-Draper-Cleary

That's without Eaves, Miller, Maltby or Ritola. Where does Burish fit? Or if you get Burish where does Armstrong fit?

EDIT: I think I misinterpreted your post. You're factoring in trades and not re-signing some players, right?

Edited by VM1138