• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:44 PM

With only 2 goals so far(Kopecky has 4), and with his rotator cuff fixed, do you think he is worth the contract he was given by Chicago and would you still want him in Detroit? To compare, last year he had 6 goals with the injury, this year he has 2 goals without it.

Posted Image

#2 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

If there wasn't a cap maybe, but I'm pretty confident in Kenny's decision to re-sign Franzen instead, then and especially now.

I bet the Hawks were expecting more from him but I'm sure they're not really complaining, considering where they're at. And in any event, I think people get too hung up on the number of goals -- any play that helps create a goal is as good in my book, and Hossa did work in Game 1 with two deft passes to set up Brouwer goals.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 31 May 2010 - 12:01 AM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#3 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

He had 2 good assists in Game 1, so even if he's not scoring, he's still helping out and that's all that matters.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#4 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

Yes I would still want him on the Wings.

He was arguably the best Hawks player in Game 1...

#5 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:53 AM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh don't jinx it

#6 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:56 AM

Considering he's been given a secondary, if not tertiary, role on the team I think his performance has been admirable.

#7 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:15 AM

He's paid to put up points - goals and assists and he's not doing it. He has 0.76 points/game which is 60th yes 60th in the playoffs. The 2 goals in 17 games is pitiful. The only thing that he is doing well is playing defense. His +/- is 2nd in the league just behind a guy whose last name begins with Z.

I am glad that we didn't sign him. Some guys elevate their play in the playoffs - Franzen, Zetterberg, Lidstrom and some guys wither - Hossa, Joe Thorton...

The Hawks are paying him alot of money and he isn't getting it done in the playoffs. To date he has had a total of 2 good playoffs and one of them was when he played wing with Sydney Crosby.

Kenny is a very smart man.
Do or do not. There is no try

#8 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

Keep in mind his linemates are much worse than who he played with the last 2 years. So far in the playoffs he's only played with Kante or Toews about 15% of the time.

28.07% EV 81 HOSSA,MARIAN - 82 KOPECKY,TOMAS - 10 SHARP,PATRICK
24.06% EV 22 BROUWER,TROY - 81 HOSSA,MARIAN - 10 SHARP,PATRICK

http://www.dobberhoc...nations&sent=go

But it is disappointing.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 31 May 2010 - 08:03 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#9 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,499 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

At least he's in the playoffs. Go, Hoss... hope you and Koko get to hoist the chalice.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#10 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:05 AM

Im hoping the Curse of Marian continues. C'mon Broadstreet Bullies! :siren:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#11 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

He dominated with Pittsburgh, but has looked nervous and out of place with Detroit and Chicago during the playoffs. He's had a couple of nice assists, but he's paid to be a goal scorer.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#12 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

While I give him credit for focusing more on the parts of his game that are currently helping the team (creating opportunities for his teammates, assists, defense) - you've gotta be scoring goals when you're earning what he is.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

While I give him credit for focusing more on the parts of his game that are currently helping the team (creating opportunities for his teammates, assists, defense) - you've gotta be scoring goals when you're earning what he is.

Winning solves everything. As someone else mentioned, I'm sure they've noticed his lack of goal scoring, but don't mind as much considering they're 3 wins away from the Cup. However when you lose, as Detroit did last season, his lack of scoring becomes magnified all the more.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

^ This.

It's a catch-22 and you can look at Hossa being there presently in different ways, no way being either right or wrong. He's doing some things here and there to contribute to wins (just like he did, albeit in an inconsistent manner, with Wings wings last playoffs when he wasn't scoring - i.e. Game 1 or 2 of the SCF where he had two assists in a win), but he's getting paid to put up points and score.

If he keeps this pace up, or lack thereof, on the scoresheet and Chicago wins, I don't think it's out of reach to say that Chicago won in spite of him, if you're going to look at he gets paid to score goals etc.

#15 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Glad the wings dident re sign him. He had an awesome year before the playoffs for the wings but it does seem like his best days are behind him. Not saying he sucks or anything.

#16 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

Hossa is playing well as a role player, and considering how deep Chicago is I can't say that is a problem.

But at the same time the Franzen contract seems to be looking good considering the great disparity in goal scoring between the two.

Either way, I would have no problem with Hossa scoring a goal in each game and winning the cup. I am really pulling for him which is the only reason I am giving Chicago any support.

Posted Image

#17 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

He's never been known as a clutch performer.

They have so much talent on their team, that they can succeed even with him playing like crap.

It's a shame he's going to win the Cup after being a no show for 2 straight playoff runs.

Should have stayed with the Pens and played with Crosby. That seemed to work well for him. In fact, he could be a 60 goal scorer if he stayed with Cindy.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 31 May 2010 - 12:18 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#18 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

He had 2 good assists in Game 1, so even if he's not scoring, he's still helping out and that's all that matters.

on top of that, watch that thoroughbred backcheck. i'd take him back on the wings...but i'd want it to be around $5mil. seeing as he's on a career duration contract at 6 or so per year, he's not coming back to detroit anytime soon if ever.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#19 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

on top of that, watch that thoroughbred backcheck. i'd take him back on the wings...but i'd want it to be around $5mil. seeing as he's on a career duration contract at 6 or so per year, he's not coming back to detroit anytime soon if ever.

It's $5.275/year. Term is way too long, otherwise I'd love to have him. He played well for us, and we wouldn't have been in the Finals without him.

#20 Puckpossession

Puckpossession

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

It's $5.275/year. Term is way too long, otherwise I'd love to have him. He played well for us, and we wouldn't have been in the Finals without him.

this

hossa gets his chances but doesn't finish, i wudnt call his shot deadly either