• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Hossa

Rate this topic

^ This.

It's a catch-22 and you can look at Hossa being there presently in different ways, no way being either right or wrong. He's doing some things here and there to contribute to wins (just like he did, albeit in an inconsistent manner, with Wings wings last playoffs when he wasn't scoring - i.e. Game 1 or 2 of the SCF where he had two assists in a win), but he's getting paid to put up points and score.

If he keeps this pace up, or lack thereof, on the scoresheet and Chicago wins, I don't think it's out of reach to say that Chicago won in spite of him, if you're going to look at he gets paid to score goals etc.

You also have to consider that the Blackhawks are a deep, very well rounded team that does not need to depend on Hossa to score goals.

Getting paid to score goals? I do not know if that is the right attitude for Hossa, or anyone to have. With that attitude, who is to say that he would not be selfish and take bad shots, when others are wide open? It's a team sport and he gets paid, not only to score goals, but to contribute to helping his team win games.

I have a hard time writing off a scenario where Hossa gets two assists in a Blackhawks win as simply a case where the team won despite him.