• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Phazon

Phazon

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:20 AM

says lids has signed a 1 year deal. The source should come from persons close to lidstrom.

Do not know if it has been out in the media when I was without internet this weekend but:

Hopes that Lidstrom would connect to the SSK dashed greatly by the information I received about his signatory another year with Detroit. The data come from people in the vicinity Lidstrom family and should therefore be good.

http://www.sskoveralltalltid.se/

#2 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

says lids has signed a 1 year deal. The source should come from persons close to lidstrom.

http://www.sskoveralltalltid.se/

What happened to waiting 7 days?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

What happened to waiting 7 days?

No, within 7 days. As in, it could happen at any point within 7 days.

#4 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

No, within 7 days. As in, it could happen at any point within 7 days.

Ohh.I'm waiting for TSN or CBC to report this before I rejoice.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#5 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

I knew he was going to sign, so I'm not too excited. I just want to hear the cap number!

Edited by Z and D for the C, 31 May 2010 - 08:34 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#6 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:39 AM

It's not official, these sources from people around the family has failed before on other players and in other sports.... still waiting...

Edited by mindfly, 31 May 2010 - 08:39 AM.

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

It's not official, these sources from people around the family has failed before on other players and in other sports.... still waiting...

Same here.waiting for TSN....

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

I'm not going to believe a blog. I'll wait for TSN or Detroit Redwings to announce something.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#9 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:09 AM

I'm hoping it's true, but like others I will wait to celebrate until I see it from a reliable source. I know blogs are quickly becoming "the new media" (I'm in PR and we deal more with bloggers these days than with journalists and traditional media), but anyone with rudimentary writing skills and a computer can start a blog and say whatever they want, whether it's true or not, so you have to be careful who you trust.

Of course there are legitimate, respected and knowlegeable bloggers out there (I hope I'm one of them! LOL). I still want to hear news like this from the Wings themselves.

Edited by Yzermania19, 31 May 2010 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:58 PM

Ohh.I'm waiting for TSN or CBC to report this before I rejoice.

yup. and if he signs for a number that effectively handcuffs holland from signing some help for when he does decide to retire...once again, no rejoicing. but in saying that, detroit is gonna be hard pressed on the back end when he hangs em' up.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#11 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

http://www.mlive.com...as_lidstro.html

DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom continues to be an elite talent at an age when most players are retired or their skills have deteriorated considerably.

Seldom in NHL history has a 40-year-old had so much impact on a teamís fortunes.

The Red Wings are Stanley Cup contenders with Lidstrom. They would be hard-pressed to make that claim without him. Fortunately for them, they wonít have to worry about life without Lidstrom, for at least one more year.

A source told Booth Newspapers on Monday that Lidstrom has decided to return for another season. The club is expected to finalize a one-year contract extension this week with the six-time Norris Trophy winner as the leagueís top defenseman
Lidstrom always has kept his cards close to the vest. Even teammates are left in the dark.

But those who have played with him for any length of time, as well as many in the Red Wings front office, have been supremely confident that he would return.

Why? Itís simple, they said. Because he still has a lot of good hockey in him.

Lidstrom, for only the second time in 12 seasons, was not a Norris Trophy finalist in 2009-10. That was because of a slow start. He was one of the top defensemen in the league the second half of the season. He finished tied for eighth in points among defensemen (49) and tied for seventh among defensemen in plus-minus rating (plus-22).

Thatís all the more impressive considering the team surrounding him wasnít nearly as strong the first three-quarters of the season due to a plethora of injuries.

He once again averaged more than 25 minutes a game, playing all situations and against opponentsí top lines.

He played in all 82 games. He has missed only 34 out of a possible 1,693 games, regular and playoffs, since entering the NHL in 1991. That is a remarkable indication of his durability.

It is no coincidence that the Red Wings have qualified for the playoffs in each of Lidstromís 18 seasons (19 in a row overall).

That streak surely will be extended. With high-end players in Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen and a strong supporting cast, the Red Wings remain one of the more talented teams in the Western Conference.

They will start 2010-11 with virtually the same team that lost to the San Jose Sharks in the second round of the playoffs.

Unrestricted free-agent forwards Tomas Holmstrom and Todd Bertuzzi are expected to re-sign. Restricted free agents Patrick Eaves, Drew Miller, Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader will be back.

The Red Wings wonít have much salary-cap space. The exact figure will depend on what Lidstrom earns (probably between $5 million and $6 million, a slight reduction from his $7.45 million salary) and how much the $56.8 million cap rises (most anticipate it will be around $58 million).

They will sign a forward, perhaps a third-line player with some offensive potential -- if they have the cap space. If money is tight, they hope to at least acquire a scrappy, inexpensive, fourth-line type.

They might sign a low-priced veteran defenseman to compete with rookie Jakub Kindl for the No. 6 spot, if they donít re-sign Andreas Lilja.

There will be no significant trades or any kind of shake-up this offseason. They expect improvement to come from within.

Lidstrom surely expects they will be better. It undoubtedly factored into his decision.

Wayne Gretzky retired at 38. Mario Lemieuxís last productive season was at age 37. Steve Yzermanís final game came eight days before his 41st birthday, but he wasnít nearly the same player after undergoing radical knee surgery (osteotomy) four years earlier.

Mark Messier, Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios and Igor Larionov all were effective into their 40s.
But they didnít have the same impact at that age that Lidstrom does.

When Lidstrom was cleaning out his locker on May 10, he hinted at a return by saying he wasnít sure if he had accomplished everything he wanted.

He simply was too good to retire
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#12 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

#13 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

Great News!!! :thumbup:

#14 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

I just jizzed in my pants. Thank you Captain!
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#15 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

I just jizzed in my pants. Thank you Captain!

The entire Red Wings nation is going to need to stock up on Tide after hearing of this news...
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#16 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

Lids between 5 and 6M is glorious. If the cap goes up 2M as rumors are predicting, that extra 2M of Lids' salary could be huge for the Wings.
Its interesting to see the article say definitively that all of Eaves, Miller, Helm, and Abdelkader will be back. Abby and Helm are given, IMO, but I thought it was generally accepted that one of Eaves or Miller would have to move on...

#17 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:28 AM

Lids between 5 and 6M is glorious. If the cap goes up 2M as rumors are predicting, that extra 2M of Lids' salary could be huge for the Wings.
Its interesting to see the article say definitively that all of Eaves, Miller, Helm, and Abdelkader will be back. Abby and Helm are given, IMO, but I thought it was generally accepted that one of Eaves or Miller would have to move on...

I don't think Eaves would be the one to go anywhere, and Miller was a pretty good addition to our Powerplay, all things considered.

Regardless, YEAH LIDS!!

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#18 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:30 AM

well, both will be qualified, so unless one or both are signed to offer sheets... they will both be back... I think they will have to fight in camp with a UFA 4th line guy and one of Ritola/Miller/Eaves will then be traded or waived and sent down, with my guess leaning strongly towards Miller, Ritola or the UFA signing, as I really think Eaves solidified his spot on the team...

back to topic at hand though - although not horribly shocking, this is amazing news about Lids!

Edited by stevkrause, 01 June 2010 - 07:31 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#19 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

:yahoo: if this is accurate!!!!!!!!!!

#20 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

Well not official but there have been more sources saying he will return than that he won't :thumbup: