• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus's Garden

Pavel Stealing Moves From Gretzky?

Rate this topic

Those goalies (equipment) are not even close really. TBH I did not see anything special or similar. Datsyuk is MUCH better than Gretzky when it comes to dekes and breakaways.

Edited by Reds4Life

Was that actually something you saw for the first time when Pavel did it? I see people to it all the time, before and after Pavel. Heck, I did it as a kid a few times as well. It's a pretty standard move if you ask me and certainly done long before Gretzky as well.

the goal against turco?

it doesn't really look like it.

Should've been more specific, I suppose ... I meant the game 7 breakaway against Phoenix.

And yes, I'm aware that's not the first time the move has been done in NHL history. Just thought it was cool to see a near-exact replica of it.

Clip at the 2:11 mark of this highlight package. Tell me that doesn't look like a certain Pavel breakaway goal ...

Gretzky probably stole that from someone else that may not have ever made it to the NHL.

I heard from somewhere, either here or another forum that Datsyuk stole his toe drag shootout move (Turco, Vokoun, Harding) from a teammate in Russia.

Lol, nice one Marcus.

I just think the size of the players and the gear is pretty surprising. I guess when it changes slowly over time you don't notice it as much but when you watch the old clips just after seeing a game... wow.

The difference in pad size is just unreal. Comparatively, those look like his normal legs.

lol Thats funny for sure! Im not saying Gretzky wasnt awesome because that would be stupid, but head to head with Dats now? We should do that...just like Rocky 6 :thumbup: LETS GO DATSYUK!