• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

SCF Game Two GDT

Rate this topic

No, all I remember is Fischer TKO'ing Hartnell.

He stuck his knee out on Fisch and caused him to miss almost the entire 2003 season. And then Fisch had a terrible 2004 season when he was still trying to recover from the ACL tear, it may as well not even count.

Hartnell was also a big fan of running Detroit goalies in his time with the Predators, I remember him ramming somebody (Leagace, I think) and injuring him for a time too.

And those are just against the Wings, he's left his mark on other teams, but probably don't get as much notice because unlike, say, Pronger, who is well known for his dirty play, Hartnell has never done anything notable hockey-wise in his career to warrant any attention.

He stuck his knee out on Fisch and caused him to miss almost the entire 2003 season. And then Fisch had a terrible 2004 season when he was still trying to recover from the ACL tear, it may as well not even count.

Hartnell was also a big fan of running Detroit goalies in his time with the Predators, I remember him ramming somebody (Leagace, I think) and injuring him for a time too.

And those are just against the Wings, he's left his mark on other teams, but probably don't get as much notice because unlike, say, Pronger, who is well known for his dirty play, Hartnell has never done anything notable hockey-wise in his career to warrant any attention.

He also can't be too bright if he thinks that beard looks good on him. Makes him look like leftovers from the Hatfield/McCoy todoo.

I cannot stand the thought of Hawks winning this series. The legion of Hawk bandwagoners is already at capacity. Even their own fans are admitting it to me.

I understand this point, but at one point the same thing probably happened in Detroit. I have been watching and been a fan of the Wings most of my life, so I wonder how many of our current fans jumped on the bandwagon in the 90's.

Yeah I hate a lot of their fans because they are bandwagon homers but I respect the resurgence of a original 6 team.

So in that regard, go western conference, go original 6, GO HAWKS.

But all the bandwagon homers that chant Detroit Sucks can get off the wagon and F'in die.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I have watched both games and they have both been entertaining. I am rooting for both teams in a sense. Would be great to see Chicago win it because Hossa would get a cup, and odds are I would see the cup on one of my trips down there this year. Would be great to see Philly win it because of the underdog factor, and the fact that I like the story around Leighton in net.

Those things being said, Niemi stole game 2. He played very well and deserved the win. The Hawks as a team played much better in game 2 than they did in game 1. Philly has to win game 3 and 4 or this series is over. Yes, they came back from 3-0 to win this year, but I don't think they have it in them twice in the same playoff year.

Yup, I agree.

I am not a Pronger fan, but I respect him thats for sure. He plays a style of hockey that has brought him a long list of accolades. You have to at least respect him for that.

Accolades aren't the only thing he's garnered a long list of. You can add suspensions as well. One of the most suspended players in the history of the sport.

Talent is without question. His penchant for playing dirty, especially when his team is losing is just over the top. Plus, he isn't man enough to fight anybody aside from skilled players about 99% of the time. I'll never forget the big Wings/Blues scrum many years ago and Pronger gets ahold of Tomas Sandstrom for pete's sake. Not only does he keep trying to get Sands to fight, he eventually looks over to the refs, sees that nobody is looking at him and delivers a haymaking sucker punch to Sands face, forcing him to try and defend himself against Pronger. Pronger is one of the most despicable players to ever lace up skates and has been voted the dirtiest player in the league on more than one occasion if I recall.

I understand this point, but at one point the same thing probably happened in Detroit. I have been watching and been a fan of the Wings most of my life, so I wonder how many of our current fans jumped on the bandwagon in the 90's.

Yeah I hate a lot of their fans because they are bandwagon homers but I respect the resurgence of a original 6 team.

So in that regard, go western conference, go original 6, GO HAWKS.

But all the bandwagon homers that chant Detroit Sucks can get off the wagon and F'in die.

I started watching the Wings in 1995 when they went to the finals and lost to Jersey in 4 games. That was 15 years ago. Does that make me a bandwagon fan? I think not. If a fan has followed the Wings since the 1990's they are no longer "bandwagon" fans

I started watching the Wings in 1995 when they went to the finals and lost to Jersey in 4 games. That was 15 years ago. Does that make me a bandwagon fan? I think not. If a fan has followed the Wings since the 1990's they are no longer "bandwagon" fans

They are to those of us who started before the 90s. :)

You know, when I started watching hockey, we couldn't afford pucks. The guys would roll up their socks and duct tape them. And there was no ice - the fans would all bring cubes from home.