• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Lidstrom Signs 1-Year Contract Extension

Rate this topic

I don't know why all the other threads got moved, just for a new one to be created and then pinned... they all have basically the same source and the same content... couldn't this all have been condensed into one thread?

Patience is a virtue. 3 new threads containing the same "rumor" have popped up in the last 3 hours and I was hoping for confirmation aside from the AP source to come up quicker than it did. Hence, the re-title of the thread. Had I moved it, another 3-4 members who just woke up and checked TSN, ESPN, MLive, etc. would've came on and started the exact same thread.

Why are people disappointed at 6 million...that is 1.5 million dollar pay cut for a guy that is still one of the best defenseman in the NHL...

I said people putting him at 5 mill were going too low all season in the "Projected Cap Hits"

Happy to have him back.

It's disappointing because of the huge pay cut Yzerman took his last year playing, it should have been something similar (unless he does play one more year and does it then).

Yzerman was not a top 10 player in the league his last (or even last 2) years in the league... nor was he playing top minutes - not the same

Edited by stevkrause

:clap: happy to have him back...i can finally drop this dump i have been holding in for the last month....$6 mill i think most of us on this board were hoping for $5 mill or lower.

Guest mindfly

1.5 mil savings here plus 2 mil more as the cap goes up, thats ok

Hudler makes more than williams, bertuzzi wants raise, holmstrom wont settle for less than last year, eaves, helm, miller all due for raises, ritola needs to be signed blabla

I know I'm in the minority here but I really feel that number is way too high and will prove to be VERY costly when we try to make additions to the team in the off-season. It's alright, I'll just be able to once again say "I told you so" when the board starts flipping out over the lower than expected stats Lids will have next season.

Come on Lids.....you've essentially been making 7+ mil every season for the last 10 years. You couldn't take one for the team just this once?

He could have easily still got 7+ on the open market...

That's very true, however you know Lidstrom isn't that type of person to leave for more money. Knowing his career is coming down to an end within the next few years he should of signed at a cheaper cost so Detroit could add some more depth. I am surprised to see him sign for that high of a salary to be honest. Kind of disapointing...

Hudler makes more than williams, bertuzzi wants raise, holmstrom wont settle for less than last year, eaves, helm, miller all due for raises, ritola needs to be signed blabla

Hudler's deal is fair (not a steal for the Wings but also not bad), Williams isn't going to be here anyway, Bertuzzi has stated publicly money won't be an issue and wants only to re-sign in Detroit, and your Homer comment is BS. You have no clue what he's willing to sign for, especially given term.

Helm, Miller and Eaves are all RFA's, with Helm likely being the only one Kenny won't let go if push came to shove. Do they have enough to go out and grab Kovalchuk: No. Are they in fine shape to re-sign most if not all: Absolutely.

You're being melodramatic...once again.

Guest mindfly

Pronger and Keith are in the category as lidstrom, keith is 27 and will win the norris this year, he has a 5.5m caphit, pronger's caphit is 4.9m next season at age 36... It's very fair to say they are atleast equally good, probably better, and they make less than lidstrom.. therefore i can't be happy about a 6m caphit, the team wont be able to sign a third liner, at best a 850k fourth liner or something,

Edited by mindfly