• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Pronger the Puck Thief

Rate this topic

Yeah, they showed clips of him doing it on CBC at the end of last game, said he didn't want Niemi to have em lol

*edit* - just checked out the link, nice that they included both vids :)

Edited by Swayze

I wouldn't really call Greg Wyshynski's ramblings an "article" or "news". It makes it sound like he is a somewhat unbiased professional journalist. While in fact he is like any other moron with a blog and just happens to get paid by Yahoo to be one.

He is also a huge homer for his beloved Devils, and even manages to bring up in his Lidstrom blog about how awesome Martin Brodeur is for never being a 6 million dollar player. Brodeur makes only 800k short of 6 million.

Wow! Look at that all that cap room to fix the s*** defense that is the Devils!!

While on the topic of bias, anybody else see a conflict of interest to have Eddie Olczyk as an announcer for the SCF? Maybe the last two finals they should have called up Mickey.

Wow. This guy is a complete piece of s***, no other way to describe him. Just got word that after the Hawks saluted the fans following the win, he SPIT on the INDIANHEAD. I know this may not seem like a big deal to Wings fans, but, I find that extremely offensive, disrespectful and classless. Imagine if he or someone else did something like that to the Winged Wheel. There's just no place for that in this great game. To many Chicagoans and Hawks' fans, that is like a kick to the nuts, imo. Terrible, terrible actions.

And after he took the second puck after their second straight loss to the Hawks he had the audacity to call the Hawks immature for even making it an issue. Is this guy serious? Is he 35 or 3 1/2? WOW.

edit: aparantly it was Briere during warm-ups. Either way, purely classless.

Edited by FIBS

Playing Devil's advocate.

Well when I play hockey I tend to spit everywhere and not even realize it, it's not the right thing to do, but it's not like he spit at a player.

And the puck thing is a move to get under the skin of the opposition. It's pretty low, but it's nothing completely outrageous. He's playing the media and trying to throw Chicago off. It's about the only chance he has to win the Stanley Cup.

Wow. This guy is a complete piece of s***, no other way to describe him. Just got word that after the Hawks saluted the fans following the win, he SPIT on the INDIANHEAD. I know this may not seem like a big deal to Wings fans, but, I find that extremely offensive, disrespectful and classless. Imagine if he or someone else did something like that to the Winged Wheel. There's just no place for that in this great game. To many Chicagoans and Hawks' fans, that is like a kick to the nuts, imo. Terrible, terrible actions.

And after he took the second puck after their second straight loss to the Hawks he had the audacity to call the Hawks immature for even making it an issue. Is this guy serious? Is he 35 or 3 1/2? WOW.

So . . . because Pronger spit on the indian head, we supposed to feel sympathy for the same fanbase that screams "Detroit Sucks" during the start of every home game? Color me unimpressed by your rationalizing. Pronger might be a jackass but he wasn't the only one in the building that night (ahem, Kane and Buff).

So . . . because Pronger spit on the indian head, we supposed to feel sympathy for the same fanbase that screams "Detroit Sucks" during the start of every home game? Color me unimpressed by your rationalizing. Pronger might be a jackass but he wasn't the only one in the building that night (ahem, Kane and Buff).

Pronger is acting like a dumb ass, but maybe that annoying song the Hawks always play just finally got to him.

And this place is starting to look like letsgohawks.com already. Sick of it!

I hate this whole damn matchup. Like Jersey and Colorado back in 2001.

Edited by GMRwings1983

So are you going to say sorry to Pronger for calling him "a piece of s***"? after all it was Briere?

Stealing pucks, who cares, like GMR said they should have done something about. I dont love Pronger but he is good at what he does.

Instead of whining after the game, maybe Chicago's players should have done something about it when he was going to pick the puck up?

;)

I would like to know who gave this a minus? Where has the HEART gone?? If it was switched up and Pronger was stealing a puck from Howard for god sakes I know someone would do something! (if not maybe Ill start cheering for the leafs...jk)

I would like to know who gave this a minus? Where has the HEART gone?? If it was switched up and Pronger was stealing a puck from Howard for god sakes I know someone would do something! (if not maybe Ill start cheering for the leafs...jk)

Probably those Hawks trolls who have been following me around all day. :hehe:

I guess keeping the game puck is one of those unwritten rules of hockey, but like you and I said, the Hawks should have done something to Pronger in game 2 if they took exception to his keeping the game 1 puck.

Instead, they take it to the media. I actually wouldn't mind seeing someone punch Pronger in the face, but why talk about it and call him names? Just do something Hawks. For once will someone jump Pronger?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Probably those Hawks trolls who have been following me around all day. :hehe:

I guess keeping the game puck is one of those unwritten rules of hockey, but like you and I said, the Hawks should have done something to Pronger in game 2 if they took exception to his keeping the game 1 puck.

Instead, they take it to the media.

Its not right to talk to the media about it after taking it dry, thats something Crosby would do!

Guest micah

Instead, they take it to the media.

You know of some better, more traditional way that a hockey player could send a message to an opposing hockey player about his behavior?

Pronger is oretty awesome at what he does. He is a troll on the ice, without a doubt. He's a great player and he's a dick to play against. He also makes hinmself available for ass-kicking to similarily-skilled opponents, but almost without exception they cower in fear. That's awesome, and that's how hockey players should be.