• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Pronger the Puck Thief

Rate this topic

It's the weirdest thing, normally I hold grudges like a true hockey fan. But for some reason, maybe it's simply how he embraces his role as a royal prick, but my hatred for him is melting away. It will probably return in the next Philly DET match, but as of now I am actually having fun watching him.

He's damn good at what he does. Watch him closely, just about everything he does on the ice seems premeditated. Never thought I'd say this, but I wish we had a Pronger type on the Wings.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/399836-angry-chicago-fan-to-file-suit-against-chris-pronger-for-stealing-puck

Angry Chicago Fan To File Suit Against Chris Pronger for 'Stealing' Puck

Matt Hutte

Written on June 01, 2010

CHICAGO - MAY 27: Chris Pronger of the Philadelphia Flyers answers questions during Stanley Cup media day at the United Center on May 27, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images) Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

SATIRE — On Tuesday, one day after the Chicago Blackhawks took a 2-0 series lead over the Philadelphia Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals, one story dominated the headlines.

Apparently, after each of the first two games in Chicago, Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger picked up the game puck, usually a memento reserved for a player on the winning team, and threw it in the trash.

While most are treating the incidents as nothing more than comical side notes to the series, one man is not laughing and plans to take legal action against the Philadelphia Flyers and Chris Pronger.

"I don't see what's so damn funny about this whole thing," said Whitney Chib, 43.

Chib is a resident of Buffalo Grove, Illinois, a Chicago suburb, and is a"die-hard Blackhawks fan."

Chib is also an attorney and says he's planning to sue Chris Pronger for "grand theft" and "emotional distress."

"Do you have any idea how much those things are worth? Do you? I'll tell you. Thousands! eebay, private collectors, card shops—people will pay a mint for a game puck from the Finals. Pronger had no right to take what was not his. That's stealing, that's grand theft."

Despite the apparent value the pucks had as a memorabilia item, Chib says the emotional pain inflicted by Pronger's actions is the greater offense.

"He took history, our history and he just threw it in the garbage! I'm so mad I could puke!"

Chib went on to explain that, because Chicago won both games, the puck rightfully belonged to the Blackhawks, not the Flyers and certainly not Chris Pronger.

"He [Pronger] was the loser, the loser, " Chib said. "We, the Blackhawks, we were the victors! And to the victors belong what? The spoils ! Those pucks were spoils and he had no right to take them because he was a big fat loser and not a victor."

When asked if there existed a legal precedent for a fan suing an opposing team on behalf of another organization, Chib explained that he was certain there was, but was not readily able to cite the specific case.

"Oh, there is, trust me. It was either Kramer vs. Kramer or, let's see, maybe The People vs. Larry Flynt, one of those. I'll find it, don't worry. This is going to be my life's work until it is over."

When asked how far he was willing to take his lawsuit, Chib explained that he's prepared to go all the way to the top.

"If this thing goes to the Supreme Court, so be it. I'm not letting this one go, no way buster. Chris Pronger is going to pay for what he did to Chicago, be sure of that. That big, dumb ape (Pronger) is going to remember Whitney Chib!"

Though Chib says he's acting on behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks, the organization has yet to support, condemn or otherwise comment on the lawsuit.

I laughed.

Edited by Carman

Im really starting to enjoy watching Pronger goon up games now that hes in the eastern conference. I have been looking forward to this over the summer. I was hoping the Flyers would play the Penguins this postseason just so i could watch him get under Crosbys skin and troll up the Pens fan base.

lmao....instant classic

Edited by Original-Six