• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

Wow. This guy is a complete piece of s***, no other way to describe him. Just got word that after the Hawks saluted the fans following the win, he SPIT on the INDIANHEAD. I know this may not seem like a big deal to Wings fans, but, I find that extremely offensive, disrespectful and classless. Imagine if he or someone else did something like that to the Winged Wheel. There's just no place for that in this great game. To many Chicagoans and Hawks' fans, that is like a kick to the nuts, imo. Terrible, terrible actions.

And after he took the second puck after their second straight loss to the Hawks he had the audacity to call the Hawks immature for even making it an issue. Is this guy serious? Is he 35 or 3 1/2? WOW.

edit: aparantly it was Briere during warm-ups. Either way, purely classless.

So are you going to say sorry to Pronger for calling him "a piece of s***"? after all it was Briere?
Stealing pucks, who cares, like GMR said they should have done something about. I dont love Pronger but he is good at what he does.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#22 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

Instead of whining after the game, maybe Chicago's players should have done something about it when he was going to pick the puck up?

;)

I would like to know who gave this a minus? Where has the HEART gone?? If it was switched up and Pronger was stealing a puck from Howard for god sakes I know someone would do something! (if not maybe Ill start cheering for the leafs...jk)

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

I would like to know who gave this a minus? Where has the HEART gone?? If it was switched up and Pronger was stealing a puck from Howard for god sakes I know someone would do something! (if not maybe Ill start cheering for the leafs...jk)

Probably those Hawks trolls who have been following me around all day. :hehe:

I guess keeping the game puck is one of those unwritten rules of hockey, but like you and I said, the Hawks should have done something to Pronger in game 2 if they took exception to his keeping the game 1 puck.

Instead, they take it to the media. I actually wouldn't mind seeing someone punch Pronger in the face, but why talk about it and call him names? Just do something Hawks. For once will someone jump Pronger?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 June 2010 - 05:38 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

Probably those Hawks trolls who have been following me around all day. :hehe:

I guess keeping the game puck is one of those unwritten rules of hockey, but like you and I said, the Hawks should have done something to Pronger in game 2 if they took exception to his keeping the game 1 puck.

Instead, they take it to the media.

Its not right to talk to the media about it after taking it dry, thats something Crosby would do!

#25 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

Instead, they take it to the media.

You know of some better, more traditional way that a hockey player could send a message to an opposing hockey player about his behavior?

Pronger is oretty awesome at what he does. He is a troll on the ice, without a doubt. He's a great player and he's a dick to play against. He also makes hinmself available for ass-kicking to similarily-skilled opponents, but almost without exception they cower in fear. That's awesome, and that's how hockey players should be.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

You know of some better, more traditional way that a hockey player could send a message to an opposing hockey player about his behavior?

Pronger is oretty awesome at what he does. He is a troll on the ice, without a doubt. He's a great player and he's a dick to play against. He also makes hinmself available for ass-kicking to similarily-skilled opponents, but almost without exception they cower in fear. That's awesome, and that's how hockey players should be.

Yeah, get him to drop the gloves.

Or get expendable Ben Eager to jump Pronger's ass.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Edited by 13dangledangle, 01 June 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#28 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

i like how the ref is using one of their sticks to clear away the gloves

Posted Image

#29 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eLsO6YFc2uw

Danny Cleary you fantastic specimen!!! Posted Image Was going ape s*** when I first saw this.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

He's got all the media and all the players caring. What's he doing? Being af****** dink, that's it. He's playing dumb in interviews, he's having a ball with all this. And honestly, it's hilarious.

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

If he wasn't stealing them from the Blackhawks I might care.

EDIT: Even better, love the quote

"Where's the puck, Pronger was asked.

"It's in the garbage," Pronger replied. "Where it belongs."

:clap:

Edited by Mors, 01 June 2010 - 06:18 PM.

#32 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

Anyone hear that Pronger has been stealing game pucks away from the Hawks at the end of games? There's a yahoo sports article on it too. I'm guessing the writer doesn't like Pronger very much.

I hope the link works.

Yahoo Sports Article

:lol: I thought you meant during the game and I had to laugh at the idea of with his lead feet being known for getting lots of takeaways.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#33 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Pronger smells.

*shrugs*

#34 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

this craig's listing is hilarious. :hehe:

Game Used Stanley Cup Pucks for Sale - $2020 (Philadelphia, PA)

I have in my possession the official game pucks used at the end of Game 1 and Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals. These pucks are guaranteed authentic and have been obtained legally within the NHL Rulebook, even if Ben Eager and the Hawks don't like it (see photos below).

Selling for $2020 each obo.

Local buyers only. Please do not e-mail if you live in Illinois. Also note that I don't speak gibberish.

I'm hoping to have two more pucks by Friday if you are interested and possibly more to come but not if an unnamed individual can't stop a wrist shot from the top of the circle taken by a guy who has less career points in 255 games than I had this past season.

E-mail to cpronger20@hotmail.com

"Little things amuse little minds"

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posted ImagePosted Image

PostingID: 1770129512

Edited by jeff48109, 02 June 2010 - 12:22 AM.

#35 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

"Where's the puck, Pronger was asked.

"It's in the garbage," Pronger replied. "Where it belongs."

LOL. Hell yeah.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#36 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

I hate this whole damn matchup. Like Jersey and Colorado back in 2001.

You said it brother!

I feel soooooo dirty rooting for Pronger and the Flyers but that is exactly what I've been doing.
thanks offsides!

#37 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

man normally i really hate pronger but that was great.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#38 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

I love it. Pronger is doing exactly what he needs to do to get under their skin. As much as i hate pronger when the wings, he is a phenomonal player. Hopefully the Flyers win the next two at home and make it a series

Yeah, get him to drop the gloves.

Or get expendable Ben Eager to jump Pronger's ass.

Pronger wouldn't/can't waste his time dropping the gloves in this series. He has to play against some of the top players in the league and if he has to sit for 5 minutes in the box than he is just setting his team up for failure.

#39 Datsasuk

Datsasuk

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

I really don't think Pronger stealing the game pucks is really that big of a deal. He's just trying to mess with the Hawks and fire up his own team. I don't condone it but people are blowing the whole thing out of proportion. I will says this though...shooting the towel at Eager was stupid. All he had to do was skate off the ice, but instead he got a game misconduct penalty (I think) along with Eager.

#40 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Pronger wouldn't/can't waste his time dropping the gloves in this series. He has to play against some of the top players in the league and if he has to sit for 5 minutes in the box than he is just setting his team up for failure.

yep, then philly would be stuck playing with 3 defensemen instead of the usual 4 :ph34r:

Posted Image