• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

If he wasn't stealing them from the Blackhawks I might care.

EDIT: Even better, love the quote

"Where's the puck, Pronger was asked.

"It's in the garbage," Pronger replied. "Where it belongs."

:clap:

Given Pronger's status as a school yard bully, I think the key saying is: "Finders keepers, losers weepers."
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#42 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Wow. This guy is a complete piece of s***, no other way to describe him. Just got word that after the Hawks saluted the fans following the win, he SPIT on the INDIANHEAD. I know this may not seem like a big deal to Wings fans, but, I find that extremely offensive, disrespectful and classless. Imagine if he or someone else did something like that to the Winged Wheel. There's just no place for that in this great game. To many Chicagoans and Hawks' fans, that is like a kick to the nuts, imo. Terrible, terrible actions.

And after he took the second puck after their second straight loss to the Hawks he had the audacity to call the Hawks immature for even making it an issue. Is this guy serious? Is he 35 or 3 1/2? WOW.

edit: aparantly it was Briere during warm-ups. Either way, purely classless.

Agitates a team and a fan base just by taking a puck. The man is a genius.

#43 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

I just realized that Pronger has gone to the Finals in his first season with Edmonton, Anaheim and Philly.

Maybe we should trade Rafalski and a pick..... :sly:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#44 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

This is why it doesn't matter who wins this series. They're all just a bunch of losers

#45 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

It's not like that's the only puck that was used in the game.

I hate the gap-toothed D-bag and this story just makes me say, "Meh."
Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#46 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

I just realized that Pronger has gone to the Finals in his first season with Edmonton, Anaheim and Philly.

Maybe we should trade Rafalski and a pick..... :sly:

Noooo!!!!

The Wings already have all the elements to lose in the Final next year. Let's keep the pick and the aging player with the bad contract!

#47 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:18 AM

Pronger has made a habit of picking up pucks after games. He's always done it.
Now, doing it in a loss in the Stanley Cup Finals is a bit dickish, but whatever...that's who he is.

Here's an idea...maybe Chicago should have shown interest in the puck and went to pick it up. They didn't seem to give a crap about it until Pronger had it.

This is an example of why I have always liked Pronger. Not only is he a world class defenseman that assumes the role of the team badass, but he plays with an "I don't give a damn what you think about me or what I do, I'm going to do whatever the F I want. Oh, you don't like it, well what are you gonna do about it?" attitude. Oh yeah, and he wins too.

Blues should have never gotten rid of him. Might be the biggest mistake in team history.
Bill Laurie can rot in hell.

#48 GordieHowe4Ever

GordieHowe4Ever

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

In all honesty I find it funny.

#49 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

In all honesty I find it funny.

Me too. I can only wish the Wings had a prick of such monumental proportions. Pure entertainment.

works every time

#50 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Pronger has made a habit of picking up pucks after games. He's always done it.
Now, doing it in a loss in the Stanley Cup Finals is a bit dickish, but whatever...that's who he is.

Here's an idea...maybe Chicago should have shown interest in the puck and went to pick it up. They didn't seem to give a crap about it until Pronger had it.

This is an example of why I have always liked Pronger. Not only is he a world class defenseman that assumes the role of the team badass, but he plays with an "I don't give a damn what you think about me or what I do, I'm going to do whatever the F I want. Oh, you don't like it, well what are you gonna do about it?" attitude. Oh yeah, and he wins too.

Blues should have never gotten rid of him. Might be the biggest mistake in team history.
Bill Laurie can rot in hell.

You mean Eric Brewer isn't panning out? :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#51 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

It's the weirdest thing, normally I hold grudges like a true hockey fan. But for some reason, maybe it's simply how he embraces his role as a royal prick, but my hatred for him is melting away. It will probably return in the next Philly DET match, but as of now I am actually having fun watching him.

He's damn good at what he does. Watch him closely, just about everything he does on the ice seems premeditated. Never thought I'd say this, but I wish we had a Pronger type on the Wings.
thanks offsides!

#52 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

He can really be a prick, can't he :D

Pronger on puck stealing
thanks offsides!

#53 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

http://bleacherrepor...r-stealing-puck

Angry Chicago Fan To File Suit Against Chris Pronger for 'Stealing' Puck
Matt Hutte
Written on June 01, 2010
CHICAGO - MAY 27: Chris Pronger of the Philadelphia Flyers answers questions during Stanley Cup media day at the United Center on May 27, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images) Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

SATIRE — On Tuesday, one day after the Chicago Blackhawks took a 2-0 series lead over the Philadelphia Flyers in the Stanley Cup Finals, one story dominated the headlines.

Apparently, after each of the first two games in Chicago, Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger picked up the game puck, usually a memento reserved for a player on the winning team, and threw it in the trash.

While most are treating the incidents as nothing more than comical side notes to the series, one man is not laughing and plans to take legal action against the Philadelphia Flyers and Chris Pronger.

"I don't see what's so damn funny about this whole thing," said Whitney Chib, 43.

Chib is a resident of Buffalo Grove, Illinois, a Chicago suburb, and is a"die-hard Blackhawks fan."

Chib is also an attorney and says he's planning to sue Chris Pronger for "grand theft" and "emotional distress."

"Do you have any idea how much those things are worth? Do you? I'll tell you. Thousands! eebay, private collectors, card shops—people will pay a mint for a game puck from the Finals. Pronger had no right to take what was not his. That's stealing, that's grand theft."

Despite the apparent value the pucks had as a memorabilia item, Chib says the emotional pain inflicted by Pronger's actions is the greater offense.

"He took history, our history and he just threw it in the garbage! I'm so mad I could puke!"

Chib went on to explain that, because Chicago won both games, the puck rightfully belonged to the Blackhawks, not the Flyers and certainly not Chris Pronger.

"He [Pronger] was the loser, the loser, " Chib said. "We, the Blackhawks, we were the victors! And to the victors belong what? The spoils ! Those pucks were spoils and he had no right to take them because he was a big fat loser and not a victor."

When asked if there existed a legal precedent for a fan suing an opposing team on behalf of another organization, Chib explained that he was certain there was, but was not readily able to cite the specific case.

"Oh, there is, trust me. It was either Kramer vs. Kramer or, let's see, maybe The People vs. Larry Flynt, one of those. I'll find it, don't worry. This is going to be my life's work until it is over."

When asked how far he was willing to take his lawsuit, Chib explained that he's prepared to go all the way to the top.

"If this thing goes to the Supreme Court, so be it. I'm not letting this one go, no way buster. Chris Pronger is going to pay for what he did to Chicago, be sure of that. That big, dumb ape (Pronger) is going to remember Whitney Chib!"

Though Chib says he's acting on behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks, the organization has yet to support, condemn or otherwise comment on the lawsuit.

I laughed.

Edited by Carman, 03 June 2010 - 06:56 PM.

#54 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

Im really starting to enjoy watching Pronger goon up games now that hes in the eastern conference. I have been looking forward to this over the summer. I was hoping the Flyers would play the Penguins this postseason just so i could watch him get under Crosbys skin and troll up the Pens fan base.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/399836-angry-chicago-fan-to-file-suit-against-chris-pronger-for-stealing-puck

I laughed.

lmao....instant classic

Edited by Original-Six, 03 June 2010 - 07:01 PM.