• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Yzermania19

Yzermania19

Mr. General Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

Says Martin's not participating in any Red Wing meetings anymore...looks like he's bolting (hahaha :D ) for Tampa. Can't blame him - looks like he's being offered the assistant GM position. That's quite a promotion. :)
Posted Image
"Talk show...talk show...talk show...oooh! Curling!"

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

We also have a recently found GAPologist named Chris Osgood. Stevie we know you want him for St. Louis... Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but Martin has turned down Yzerman and Tampa Bay and is staying in Detroit as 'capologist'. Good news.

http://blog.mlive.co..._ryan_mart.html

Awesome news from the Free Press' Helene St. James: the Red Wings' quiet man in the front office, capologist and fantastic hockey executive Ryan Martin, has declined Steve Yzerman's offer to join the Tampa Bay Lightning:

June 15, Detroit Free Press: “I decided last night, and I talked to Steve last night and told him I decided to stay,” Martin said today. “It was a difficult decision but also a good decision.”

Martin, 40, has been with the Wings since 2005, when he was hired as their director of hockey operations, a title that encompasses making sure the Wings are salary-cap compliant. He is part of the team’s front-office brain trust, along with general manager Ken Holland and assistant general manager Jim Nill -- a group that, until last month, included Yzerman, who segued from retirement as a player into team vice presidency in 2006. Having spent four years side-by-side with Yzerman, Martin was Yzerman’s first choice to join him in Tampa Bay. Martin spent several weeks mulling his decision.

“It was an outstanding professional opportunity for me, but at the end of the day, weighing all the professional and personal aspects and the family situation, we felt Detroit a better situation,” he said. “My wife has a career here that she really enjoys. It was just a little bit better fit here.”

#24 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

My thanks to Mrs. Martin, then.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#25 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

My thanks to Mrs. Martin, then.

Here here.

#26 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

i love that woman now i hope shes super hot. Either that or this guy is whipped. good for us though