• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

There's really only one question about next season's team now.

Rate this topic

Here is my hope...

If the cap goes up $2million, we should have around 2.5 to play with. Kenny said they would target a fourth line forward, so I put that in my lines. Ritola and Draper are your 13th and 14th forwards. No room for Maltby or Miller. Helm goes up to the third line. I think he's ready.

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) /* Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / * Darren Helm ($0.750m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

UFA / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 21; CAP: $56.8m; PAYROLL: $56.230m; CAP ROOM: $0.570m BONUSES: $0.000m

You just have to hope Kronwall returns to his form prior to this past season and that Ericcson improves.

THIS... I can see this really being the lineup this coming season. Aside from the switching of Nick and Raffi to different pairings I feel this one right here is the most logical. Still wouldn't mind seeing a healthy Clears back with Hank and Mule. (As I have reiterated 3 million times) hehe.gif

Guest mindfly

Bertuzzi shouldn't be re-signed if he demands 2M+

Tanguay at 1.75 > Bertuzzi at 2.5.

Agreed. I have a hunch Bert re-signs, and does so for at least 2M if not more.

He has already said that money was not an issue and he wanted to stay in Detroit - he will not get more than 1.75 at most and will most likely sign for the same 1.5 or even less... he put up the same pts last year as he did the year before in MORE games and the previous season on Calgary (44pts, 66games) only got him a 1.5 contract... how would 44 in 82 get him a RAISE?

He has already said that money was not an issue and he wanted to stay in Detroit - he will not get more than 1.75 at most and will most likely sign for the same 1.5 or even less... he put up the same pts last year as he did the year before in MORE games and the previous season on Calgary (44pts, 66games) only got him a 1.5 contract... how would 44 in 82 get him a RAISE?

But this year he won't be getting his sweet buyout money.

Guest Lidstromboli

he didn't get any buyout money last season either. the ducks bought him out for the last year in his contract, which was with calgary.

Where are you people coming up with these numbers? 800k for abs and helm? 1.2m for todd? Bertuzzi will get at least 1.5, probably more like 2.5. Abs and Helm will probably get about 1m a piece.

So you think Helm has earned almost double his salary from last season? And the limited time Abs played with them, he deserves to be in the million dollar club? Not so sure....

But this year he won't be getting his sweet buyout money.

I don't think buyout money is used in contract negotiations as much as some people might think. If I were an agent negotiating a new contract for my client who happened to be receiving money from a buyout, I'd tell GMs who brought it up that its none of their business. My client is worth X amount of dollars to play hockey for your team regardless of how much income he has from other sources. They don't consider how much endorsement money a player makes when negotiating a new contract, why should buyout money be any different?

Guest blueadams

If Bertuzzi is coming back...how about this idea

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom is an incredible line combination, right!? It's what we would all like to have 4 of. Well, I think this season, we have the chance to put together at least two...

1st line: Filppula (poor man's Zetterberg)-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

2nd line: Hudler (poor man's Datsyuk)-Zetterberg-Cleary (poor man's Holmstrom)

3rd line: Franzen-Helm/Abdelkader/Miller/Ritola-Bertuzzi...i hate putting mule on the third line, but, he and Bert played real well together in the second round. If we can get someone to do a decent job centering this line...we might have something.

Miller-Helm/Abdelkader/Miller/Ritola-Eaves - decent 4th line i guess. maybe throw in a grinder as well.

Edited by blueadams

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see Holland spend $2m on a player that can consistently win face-offs to play on the third line. The biggest difference between our 2010 playoff team and our 2008 playoff team was our aptitude in the face-off circle.

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but I'd really like to see Holland spend $2m on a player that can consistently win face-offs to play on the third line. The biggest difference between our 2010 playoff team and our 2008 playoff team was our aptitude in the face-off circle.

+1