• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KDDRWINGS1

What are the Pros and Cons of next season?

Rate this topic

except we're not... you'll have a 100% Franzen, a 100% Kronwall, a goal scorer in Hudler, a better seasoned Howard and a better gelled and cohesive Abdelkader, Helm, Eaves and possibly Miller... plus, there's a good chance we add some toughness...

:thumbup: Well said. Does no one here remember that we did not have a healthy full roster at any point during the year...and we get Happy back.

I am excited...I think we will be a better team now that Howard has had his baptism by fire!

wings will take the central, team will be fine if wee stay injury free, as some one said the cap is going to hit other teams too, we have a good team that should be great, at least as good as any other team in the league, with all things being equalit should be a great year, half of you guys should start cheering for chicago or philly cuz they are in the finals so they "must" be good.

PROS: We get Hudler back, which helps us in a couple areas: We'll have an even more improved powerplay, I'd say in the top 3 overall IMO, behind Washington. Also, I think Babcock will want him on the third line again to give us that scoring depth which we didn't really have this past season, which I know most LGW members will probably disagree and want him in the top 6, but I just get the feeling he's gonna do something like:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Eaves/Miller

Abdelkader-Helm-Miller/Eaves

CONS: Only thing I can really nitpick on is our bottom-pairing defense. What are we going to expect from Ericsson this season? What about Kindl when he gets called up? Also, how will Howard do in his follow-up season? I think he'll do fine, since I can't really see a "sophomore slump" happening when you're 27, but you never know.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Anyone who thinks Cleary deserves top 6 money is definitely insane... he's not worth his money. Wings won't win the central next year, honestly Chicago probably will as much as it pains me to say it. They're younger and faster which is why they did well these playoffs. We need a team overhaul of the dead weight veterans who just don't care anymore, dont act like you saw the same passion to win the cup this year as the 97 Stanley Cup team. Back then you could see the drive and desperation in game 1's. The Sharks series besides one game was dreadful to watch, other reasons may have affected the play (long cup runs before etc.) but the team didn't obviously look like a hungry Canadiens team. We will compete for a few years but that will be all, if things stay the course I expect another SC finals drought.

Anyone who thinks Cleary deserves top 6 money is definitely insane... he's not worth his money. Wings won't win the central next year, honestly Chicago probably will as much as it pains me to say it. They're younger and faster which is why they did well these playoffs. We need a team overhaul of the dead weight veterans who just don't care anymore, dont act like you saw the same passion to win the cup this year as the 97 Stanley Cup team. Back then you could see the drive and desperation in game 1's. The Sharks series besides one game was dreadful to watch, other reasons may have affected the play (long cup runs before etc.) but the team didn't obviously look like a hungry Canadiens team. We will compete for a few years but that will be all, if things stay the course I expect another SC finals drought.

That '97 team had a 42-year drought pushing them on too. What "dead weight" veterans are you referring to?

blink.gif

Its true.... Holland is hell bent on getting all the same guys back. Does that not seem like the same team?

Just wondering why he isnt waiting to get this team a fresh face ( I don't mean Hudler)

he wants the same team we had last year and it did not work so well. That's all I meant.

focusing on Bertuzzi 1st instead of Helm or Abdelkader? Yes Lidstrom took a lesser deal, But Bert wants a raise to play here and so will Helm and Abby... So there goes what Lids saved us. Am I right or wrong?

Not ranting here, If it seems like it I am sorry. Just trying to understand things. I guess Ill just have to wait and see what our line up is when the next season starts.

Its true.... Holland is hell bent on getting all the same guys back. Does that not seem like the same team?

Just wondering why he isnt waiting to get this team a fresh face ( I don't mean Hudler)

he wants the same team we had last year and it did not work so well. That's all I meant.

focusing on Bertuzzi 1st instead of Helm or Abdelkader? Yes Lidstrom took a lesser deal, But Bert wants a raise to play here and so will Helm and Abby... So there goes what Lids saved us. Am I right or wrong?

Not ranting here, If it seems like it I am sorry. Just trying to understand things. I guess Ill just have to wait and see what our line up is when the next season starts.

I was just lost... How would knowing how the season will end be a positive and a negative? If we have a first round exit consider that anything but a positive.

It makes more sense for Holland to focus on UFA's (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi) first instead of RFA's (Helm, Abdelkader). As far as Bert wanting a raise, I've always read that money didn't matter to him, but who knows. I don't see him making more than Holmstrom anyways. I'm also not really concerned about the raises Helm and Abdelkader will get. They both shouldn't get more than $1m, give or take.

It makes more sense for Holland to focus on UFA's (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi) first instead of RFA's (Helm, Abdelkader). As far as Bert wanting a raise, I've always read that money didn't matter to him, but who knows. I don't see him making more than Holmstrom anyways. I'm also not really concerned about the raises Helm and Abdelkader will get. They both shouldn't get more than $1m, give or take.

My point is... How would the team be any different? Its the same team that got ousted by San Jose in round 2 this year.

I always thought that the off-season was to "tweak" the line-up a bit to make your team better. The expectations on Hudler are high in my opinion. and the money Helm and Abby would get doesnt worry me.

I heard somewhere (Radio, Internet) that Bert would want more to stay here... Just what I heard doesnt mean squat tho.

I see your point on the RFA vs. UFA.

at this point we need fresh faces and a little different blood. That's just how I feel tho.

My point is... How would the team be any different? Its the same team that got ousted by San Jose in round 2 this year.

I always thought that the off-season was to "tweak" the line-up a bit to make your team better. The expectations on Hudler are high in my opinion. and the money Helm and Abby would get doesnt worry me.

I heard somewhere (Radio, Internet) that Bert would want more to stay here... Just what I heard doesnt mean squat tho.

I see your point on the RFA vs. UFA.

at this point we need fresh faces and a little different blood. That's just how I feel tho.

agreed, I think we need a fresh new face up front and on D...