Photo
- - - - -

What are the Pros and Cons of next season?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Anyone who thinks Cleary deserves top 6 money is definitely insane... he's not worth his money. Wings won't win the central next year, honestly Chicago probably will as much as it pains me to say it. They're younger and faster which is why they did well these playoffs. We need a team overhaul of the dead weight veterans who just don't care anymore, dont act like you saw the same passion to win the cup this year as the 97 Stanley Cup team. Back then you could see the drive and desperation in game 1's. The Sharks series besides one game was dreadful to watch, other reasons may have affected the play (long cup runs before etc.) but the team didn't obviously look like a hungry Canadiens team. We will compete for a few years but that will be all, if things stay the course I expect another SC finals drought.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#82 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Anyone who thinks Cleary deserves top 6 money is definitely insane... he's not worth his money. Wings won't win the central next year, honestly Chicago probably will as much as it pains me to say it. They're younger and faster which is why they did well these playoffs. We need a team overhaul of the dead weight veterans who just don't care anymore, dont act like you saw the same passion to win the cup this year as the 97 Stanley Cup team. Back then you could see the drive and desperation in game 1's. The Sharks series besides one game was dreadful to watch, other reasons may have affected the play (long cup runs before etc.) but the team didn't obviously look like a hungry Canadiens team. We will compete for a few years but that will be all, if things stay the course I expect another SC finals drought.

That '97 team had a 42-year drought pushing them on too. What "dead weight" veterans are you referring to?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#83 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

if things stay the course I expect another SC finals drought.

Oh, you mean the 2 Cup Finals in 3 years? s***! Fire sale time
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#84 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

Pro - We know how the season will end

Con - We know how the season will end.

#85 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

Pro - We know how the season will end

Con - We know how the season will end.

Posted Image

#86 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

Its true.... Holland is hell bent on getting all the same guys back. Does that not seem like the same team?

Just wondering why he isnt waiting to get this team a fresh face ( I don't mean Hudler)

he wants the same team we had last year and it did not work so well. That's all I meant.
focusing on Bertuzzi 1st instead of Helm or Abdelkader? Yes Lidstrom took a lesser deal, But Bert wants a raise to play here and so will Helm and Abby... So there goes what Lids saved us. Am I right or wrong?

Not ranting here, If it seems like it I am sorry. Just trying to understand things. I guess Ill just have to wait and see what our line up is when the next season starts.

#87 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Its true.... Holland is hell bent on getting all the same guys back. Does that not seem like the same team?

Just wondering why he isnt waiting to get this team a fresh face ( I don't mean Hudler)

he wants the same team we had last year and it did not work so well. That's all I meant.
focusing on Bertuzzi 1st instead of Helm or Abdelkader? Yes Lidstrom took a lesser deal, But Bert wants a raise to play here and so will Helm and Abby... So there goes what Lids saved us. Am I right or wrong?

Not ranting here, If it seems like it I am sorry. Just trying to understand things. I guess Ill just have to wait and see what our line up is when the next season starts.

I was just lost... How would knowing how the season will end be a positive and a negative? If we have a first round exit consider that anything but a positive.

#88 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

It makes more sense for Holland to focus on UFA's (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi) first instead of RFA's (Helm, Abdelkader). As far as Bert wanting a raise, I've always read that money didn't matter to him, but who knows. I don't see him making more than Holmstrom anyways. I'm also not really concerned about the raises Helm and Abdelkader will get. They both shouldn't get more than $1m, give or take.

#89 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

It makes more sense for Holland to focus on UFA's (Holmstrom, Bertuzzi) first instead of RFA's (Helm, Abdelkader). As far as Bert wanting a raise, I've always read that money didn't matter to him, but who knows. I don't see him making more than Holmstrom anyways. I'm also not really concerned about the raises Helm and Abdelkader will get. They both shouldn't get more than $1m, give or take.

My point is... How would the team be any different? Its the same team that got ousted by San Jose in round 2 this year.

I always thought that the off-season was to "tweak" the line-up a bit to make your team better. The expectations on Hudler are high in my opinion. and the money Helm and Abby would get doesnt worry me.

I heard somewhere (Radio, Internet) that Bert would want more to stay here... Just what I heard doesnt mean squat tho.
I see your point on the RFA vs. UFA.

at this point we need fresh faces and a little different blood. That's just how I feel tho.

#90 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

My point is... How would the team be any different? Its the same team that got ousted by San Jose in round 2 this year.

I always thought that the off-season was to "tweak" the line-up a bit to make your team better. The expectations on Hudler are high in my opinion. and the money Helm and Abby would get doesnt worry me.

I heard somewhere (Radio, Internet) that Bert would want more to stay here... Just what I heard doesnt mean squat tho.
I see your point on the RFA vs. UFA.

at this point we need fresh faces and a little different blood. That's just how I feel tho.

agreed, I think we need a fresh new face up front and on D...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#91 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

Pros of next season: It is a clean slate

Cons of next season: It is 4 months away

7yss.jpg