• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Record Ratings on NBC

Rate this topic

Um...Pittsburgh is high up than us. :blink:

Pittsburgh's population, if I'm not mistaken, is quite a bit larger than Detroit's now. Not really fair to compare that.

The finals this year are higher than last because people are sick of Detroit winning and people are sick of Crosby.

Pittsburgh's population, if I'm not mistaken, is quite a bit larger than Detroit's now. Not really fair to compare that.

The finals this year are higher than last because people are sick of Detroit winning and people are sick of Crosby.

No it's not. It is not even close to Detroit, in terms of population.

Detroit City Pop: Pittsburgh City Pop:

912,062 316,718

Detroit CSA: Pittsburgh CSA:

5,354,225 2,462,571

No it's not. It is not even close to Detroit, in terms of population.

Detroit City Pop: Pittsburgh City Pop:

912,062 316,718

Detroit CSA: Pittsburgh CSA:

5,354,225 2,462,571

Piece of crap screwed up my stats!!

Pittsburgh has roughly 2.5 mil in while Detroit has roughly 5.3 mil in its area, to clear it up. That means Detroit's MSA is more than double the size of Pittsburgh's.

But the Canadian numbers are way higher for this series.

Seems to me there's more interest across the board in these two teams.

Of course there is more interest in these teams across the board. They are two storied franchises. Pittsburgh really isn't, yet. You add to that the fact that many people all over the country have ties to these two cities, and you have a winner.

It should be higher??? Last year AND the year before were fantastic (not the outcome's of both) so of course this year will be higher, WE set the standard. People who watch hockey will watch hockey, people who dont rely on Propaganda

I'd just like to point out that Buffalo clocked in at number three. I was there for the Buff/Boston series, and those fans really love their team.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I just feel bad that their GM sucks. POW!

I am finding this years SCF games to be more exciting to watch in game play style wise. There seems to be a lot more hitting involved and more rushes back and forth.

Don't get me wrong, I still would rather see the Wings in the finales but these games are really good to watch if you like hockey. Also I would not be surprised if the Olympics helped out in the ratings this year.

Edited by dragonballgtz

I am finding this years SCF games to be more exciting to watch in game play style wise. There seems to be a lot more hitting involved and more rushes back and forth.

Don't get me wrong, I still would rather see the Wings in the finales but these games are really good to watch if you like hockey. Also I would not be surprised if the Olympics helped out in the ratings this year.

They're definetely more exciting to the average hockey fan due to the sub-par goaltending.

The ratings are flawed. For them to count you, you have to sign up and have them send you a receiver and such. Though, whatever they're measuring, I'm glad it's going up.

And I second whoever was saying they appreciate Buffalo fans. They absolutely love their team up there. It's crazy.

Chicago and Philly are 2 huge television markets and sports cities. This should be a no brainer.

Exactly. Philly and Chicago are two of the biggest markets in just about every major sport so it's not much of a surprise that this trend continues into hockey.

Edited by thedatsyukian

Yep tons of goals are pleasing to the uneducated hockey eye but to be honest...worst tending I have seen in a Finals in quite a while. Before it started it held little interest to me and once I started watching my love for hockey took over and I have still watched anyway. Hoping for a Flyers triumph though.

Record ratings on NBC? So, how much have NBC been paying the NHL to broadcast these games? Because if the answer is $0 then this announcement is kind of a huge slap in the face.

I'm still trying to figure out why the NHL gave the ECF Game 4 (a Montreal HOME game) to Versus and broadcast it at 3pm in the afternoon rather than give it to a network that pays the NHL money for these games and runs a show with a small but devoted following called Hockey Night in Canada.

/rant

What was the League thinking, trying to go head-to-head with the Association on Sunday night? If I read the ratings correctly, they got crushed.

Didn't the NBA (no touching league) release their schedule after the NHL did theirs?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

What was the League thinking, trying to go head-to-head with the Association on Sunday night? If I read the ratings correctly, they got crushed.

The NBA beat the NHL by a ratio of 3-to-1.