• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

If you could only sign ONE guy

Rate this topic

For our needs and who's available, who would you take?

If I had it my way, I'd like to see Asham here for 1-1.5, I think he adds exactly what we need and even at 1 mil would be a decent raise... I just wonder if his play these playoffs has raised his stock past affordability...

Guest mindfly

Alex Tanguay (can get him cheap...1.75-2M based on his brutal season in Tampa) he got way too much upside to get overseen...

Edited by mindfly

IF it can happen, and you said UFA so not even sure if he is one but... Matthew Lombardi assuming the $ is right. Which I can't see happening. So being realistic and watching his game the last few rounds I wouldn't mind seeing Asham here at all. Konopka could definitely be a force with us too.

I actually wanted the Wings to grab this guy when he came off of the Islanders. He'd be a solid addition, but unfortunately I don't know if the Wings have anymore room for 3rd/4th line guys.

We'd have to cut ties with one of Eaves/Miller/Ritola and unfortunately, I would assume Miller would be odd guy out in this case... I'm also assuming that Bertuzzi and Holmstrom will never make it to UFA status and be re-signed before hand -

Lines are arbitrary:

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($2.200m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.930m) / Darren Helm ($0.950m) / Arron Asham ($1.250m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / (UFA D-man OR Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) OR Doug Janik ($0.500m)

(UFA D-man OR Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) OR Doug Janik ($0.500m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 23; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $58.460m; CAP ROOM: $0.340m BONUSES: $0.000m

I don't know, that looks like a pretty good blend to me

Edited by stevkrause

IF it can happen, and you said UFA so not even sure if he is one but... Matthew Lombardi assuming the $ is right. Which I can't see happening. So being realistic and watching his game the last few rounds I wouldn't mind seeing Asham here at all. Konopka could definitely be a force with us too.

Lombardi would be a great pickup, but I think he's going to cost at least 2.5 and wouldn't address the grit factor that much, but I agree, if it were possible, I'd love to see him here... Konopka might be a nice, cheap, easy tough guy addition, but other than that, he doesn't offer much... that's why I'd like to see Asham, toughness to spare and can still chip in 20-25 pts a year and he's pretty disciplined too, doesn't get goated into dumb penalties that often, but will fight anyone...

Edited by stevkrause

Guest Lidstromboli

Alex Tanguay (can get him cheap...1.75-2M based on his brutal season in Tampa) he got way too much upside to get overseen...

if bertuzzi and homer are re-signed there will already be a logjam of top 6 players

Edited by Lidstromboli

We'd have to cut ties with one of Eaves/Miller/Ritola and unfortunately, I would assume Miller would be odd guy out in this case... I'm also assuming that Bertuzzi and Holmstrom will never make it to UFA status and be re-signed before hand -

Lines are arbitrary:

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($2.200m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Darren Helm ($0.950m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.930m) / Arron Asham ($1.250m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / (UFA D-man OR Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) OR Doug Janik ($0.500m))

(UFA D-man OR Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) OR Doug Janik ($0.500m))

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Chris Osgood ($1.417m)

ROSTER: 22; CAP: $58.0m; PAYROLL: $57.710m; CAP ROOM: $0.290m BONUSES: $0.000m

I don't know, that looks like a pretty good blend to me

I am not ready to cut ties with Eaves yet. With him and Huds on the same team who wouldn't be doing this as they do? yowza.gif

I am not ready to cut ties with Eaves yet. With him and Huds on the same team who wouldn't be doing this as they do? yowza.gif

oops... oversight on my part, I want Eaves back as well... good catch.

there, I fixed it...

Edited by stevkrause

So drop Drapes to 13th forward and plug in Patty Eaves there with the 4th line and then you are set. Not a bad set up there. But must find that gritty 3rd or 4th liner. Just the outright steering the focus away from the blue line this off season has been the most frustrating. They need more than just the typical decent puck handler on the pp. We need another bone crusher back there again with the puck skills too. Stewie, although a warrior, gets hurt a ton and well Kronner, same. Those 2 HAVE to return to form.

Edited by HankthaTank

Nystrom

I'd rather Asham, but depending on affordability, I could be very happy with this... likely a low cap hit and fills the roll... I'd probably make him 2nd on my wish list to only Asham at 1.25 or less...

Edited by stevkrause

Guest mindfly

if bertuzzi and homer are re-signed there will already be a logjam of top 6 players

Bertuzzi is not a top6 player in 2010.. this isn't 2004.

Guest mindfly

Guess you missed last season and the playoffs? 4th highest scoring offensive player on the team.

Because wings lacked scoring depth yeah, on a solid team there shouldn't be any room for bertuzzi on the top2 lines but a solid 3rd liner

Drew Doughty. Sign him. Kid's going to be one of the greats.

Edit: Whoops. Didn't realize it had to be possible under the cap.

Um. I've got nothing.

Edited by HeilThom

Guest Lidstromboli

Bertuzzi is not a top6 player in 2010.. this isn't 2004.

i never said he was.

but i guess if a strawman gives you another opportunity to pimp your brand new golden child then as you were