• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Storm

With Yzerman in Tampa, would he trade with Detroit?

Rate this topic

We need to preserve the legace of this thread for future generations....Excuse me, I have to take the Mule up the hill for some water to get away from the sandstrom.

proud to've been a part of this thread. must give props to MURPHY's irish stout for helping...

(see, its extra relevant, as we're talking larry murphy as a beer, which i'm pretty sure he's trying to become...one giant sac o' beers!!! seriously though, love ya, murph. liquid OR human, yer great!)

This thread is hilarious! I suck at puns otherwise I'd jump right in and participate!

But as to the original topic - I highly doubt Stevie would work out a trade that would send Lecavalier to the Wings. First of all, Vinny's contract is freaking huge (11 years, $85 million through 2019-2020) and the Wings simply cannot - and will not - take on a contract that size (Franzen's is for 11 years, too, but for half that amount and it's front-loaded). Also, there is the sense in Tampa that Stevie can act as a mentor to Vinny and help him regain some of his former sparkle.

One more thing - in a letter on the Lightning's web site that Stevie wrote to the fans, he said:

With young talents like Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman and perennial All Stars like Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis forming our nucleus, I feel very good about our future. We intend on hiring an innovative, driven head coach that will help these players maximize their potential, while giving us the best possible chance to win every time we step on the ice.

He wouldn't call someone part of the team's "nucleus" if he was thinking of trading the guy.

So, Lecavalier appears to be staying in Tampa, at least for now.

BTW - here's the rest of the letter, if anyone wants to read it - A letter from Steve Yzerman

The other day I was at the mall and I SAWCHUCK- he was at BOOTLAND- He said he really like some the BUTSYAYA was looking at.

Afterwards he asked me to go over to his HOSSA- BURR was it cold outside!

I started to cough- I think I got KRUPP- UWE, I hate when I get that.

HOUDA thought of all the people I would see.....

The boats going DOWNEY- everyone get in the HULL while I take the HELM

You see how it is when your creative juices are stokes - amazing !

Worst thread title ever.

Amazing insight!

You see how it is when your creative juices are stokes - amazing !

Amazing insight!

It implies that a deal is possible. Just kinda misleading.

I would think that any blockbuster trade between the Wings and the Lightning would be looked at very closely by the league. Then again, I don't know the league by-laws or whatever very well, so I could be talking out of my arse.

Edited by Broken 16

It implies that a deal is possible. Just kinda misleading.

I would think that any blockbuster trade between the Wings and the Lightning would be looked at very closely by the league. Then again, I don't know the league by-laws or whatever very well, so I could be talking out of my arse.

I see nothing misleading in speculating about such a scenario. Montreal was doing the same thing last year because of Vinny's ties to Quebec. And who knows it might still happen. All I know is Yserman is in Tampa and there not in our division , and as Gm he can wheel and deal with who ever he wants including Detroit.

Peeeeew! Who FEDERKO'd?

MIO My-o! That's a Low price!

Got my MCGEGNEY of Blue in the fridge now!

That Yzerman is such a GOODFELLOW. (NOT!)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this WALLIN...

My Doctor prescribed GIACOMIN for my flareups....

VERBEEK's sake, please make it RIENDEAU!