• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Yzerman also wanting Pat Verbeek

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

lol might as well buy the whole detroit red wings team while hes at it.. :lol:

since becoming GM for Tampa hes been tryin to cut deals with the Red Wings....

i totally saw this coming.... :hehe:

I think at a certain point Holland has to tell Stevie to stay the hell out of our business. I understand how much he has done for this team, but this is a business at the same time. We cant allow him to be picking apart our organization just because he is who he is. When McClellan left the wings for SJ we didn't just let him take people with him. Especially considering how Verbeek is a scout and he knows where to go and how to pick good draft picks in the 7th-8th rounds (no need to mention names). Our ability to draft well is a huge advantage we have over every team in the league.

Quit falling for the Stevie Y charm!

I wonder if the Wings brass has a part in this as well. Perhaps we have some young talent in the bowels of the front office waiting patiently for a promotion which would never come with Verbeek and Martin (who also want bigger and better roles) sticking around. Granted its just speculation on my part, but it seems plausible given the Wings' history.

ok, ok, you can have them both... just give us Matt Walker for Osgood straight up and we'll call it a deal...

psst... Kenny, after this is done, go sign Biron as a backup

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($2.250m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.920m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / Darren Helm ($0.950m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Matt Walker ($1.700m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Jimmy Howard ($0.717m) / Martin Biron ($1.300m)

ROSTER: 22; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $58.333m; CAP ROOM: $0.467m BONUSES: $0.000m

never gonna happen, but it's fun to think about :ph34r:

I wonder if the Wings brass has a part in this as well. Perhaps we have some young talent in the bowels of the front office waiting patiently for a promotion which would never come with Verbeek and Martin (who also want bigger and better roles) sticking around. Granted its just speculation on my part, but it seems plausible given the Wings' history.

definitely seems feasible... I have to imagine Fisch is probably ready for a promotion in the scouting ranks by now... plus, maybe it's time to bring Chelios in at some capacity????

In recent news, Yzerman, newly appointed GM of Tampa has asked the Detroit Red Wings if he could approach Mike Ilitch to move him to the Lighting. Gary Bettman approved this transaction without consulting with the Red Wings management. In other new's Gary Bettman and the NHL have become the new proud owners of the Detroit Red Wings, They plan to sell the billion dollar franchise in order to support a new endorsement for Sidney Crosby.

We knew it would happen. Just imagine who he's going to go after once he can actually start negotiating for players instead of just support staff.

On that note, I had no idea Pat Verbeek was a pro scout for the Wings, I have a vivid memory of him laying out some guy twice his size at the faceoff circle back in '00 or '01. Good times.

It's kinda funny that Yzerman said in his press conference he wouldn't raid the Red Wings, and now that's exactly what it looks like he's doing :lol:

Seriously though, him bringing a "capologist" and a scout over there won't suddenly make the Wings collapse and turn the Lightning into a powerhouse. Obviously Steve knows the people in the Wings organization and wants to get some of them into the Lightning, who probably needs a lot of new (better) people. At the same time getting some new people into the Wings might be good too.

As long as he doesn't go after Babcock or Håkan Andersson, or Datsyuk or Zetterberg, it's fine with me.

Why not? Yzerman starts stealing guys from the Red Wings just to put them to Tampa Bay. Why should Holland allow it? Just because Yzerman is a nice guy? Hell no. Let him prove he can find his own staff, not just steal them from organization he just left.

Yes, the Red Wings organization should be like a prison! Allow no one to leave alive!

There's no telling if Yzerman will actually be able to "steal" these people, they have a will of their own you know and might not want to leave the Wings. Not allowing him to talk to them at all would be crazy though, I wouldn't want to work for someone who doesn't allow other people to offer me jobs.

When McClellan left the wings for SJ we didn't just let him take people with him.

We did. He took Jay Woodcroft, the then Video Coordinator, to be an assistant coach.

I guess I was left in the dark, I never knew Pat Verbeek was part of the Red Wings orginization.

Been that way for a few years now. You occasionally get a glimpse of him on TV, when they are showing Holland.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=win_coachbio_4844

I'd hardly call asking the Wings for permission to talk to two guys "raiding" the organization. This kind of stuff is done all the time in hockey, and for all we know other GM's have asked to speak with other Wings' execs. We just haven't heard about it because the other GM's aren't Stevie.

Also, just because he is asking for permission to talk to these guys, it doesn't mean they'll accept his offer. Ryan Martin probably will, but Stevie's allegedly offering him a promotion over his current Wings job (assistant GM vs. capologist), and like Stevie, Martin probably knows there's not a lot of room to move up in the Wings' organization.

I'd hardly call asking the Wings for permission to talk to two guys "raiding" the organization. This kind of stuff is done all the time in hockey, and for all we know other GM's have asked to speak with other Wings' execs. We just haven't heard about it because the other GM's aren't Stevie.

Also, just because he is asking for permission to talk to these guys, it doesn't mean they'll accept his offer. Ryan Martin probably will, but Stevie's allegedly offering him a promotion over his current Wings job (assistant GM vs. capologist), and like Stevie, Martin probably knows there's not a lot of room to move up in the Wings' organization.

Really? Because they're Red Wings employees and he's trying to get them to defect to his team. That's raiding the organization. It's been, what, a week? Two? And he's already gone after two Wings employees. How many Wings employees will he have gone after a year from now?

The very least he could do is keep his hand out of our cookie jar. Period.

Really? Because they're Red Wings employees and he's trying to get them to defect to his team. That's raiding the organization. It's been, what, a week? Two? And he's already gone after two Wings employees. How many Wings employees will he have gone after a year from now?

The very least he could do is keep his hand out of our cookie jar. Period.

Yeah, how dare he try to get people to work for him who he is familiar with.

Damn him!