• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Yzerman also wanting Pat Verbeek

Rate this topic

he should take mccrimmon.

I really want to blame McCrimmon for a lot of the defensive struggles but I don't know if it's fair.

By title he is the defensive coach. Okay. But like I've said before, what does that really mean? The only thing that I know he does for sure is run drills with the defensemen and that he has some input on team strategy. Most of that, however, is on Babcock. McCrimmon, from what I understand, just implements Babcock's team strategy and only has a few suggestions here and there.

I mean, didn't Joey Kocur used to run the offense? Remember that? How much input do you think he really had? It's not like we had a lot of people here that said, "Due to Kocur's coaching, Sergei has been red hot this past month and Zetterberg is up for the Calder trophy!"

I just think that the assistant coaches are mainly there to implement the head coach's philosophy and offer suggestions that the head coach probably doesn't even listen to half the time.

Does any of us actually know how well this Martin and Verbeek were actually performing in their job duties? Seeing as how they are such an integral part as well as being the face of the organization, I guessing some of you do. :rolleyes:

On the other hand. The Wing's organization has always been talked about as being loyal. Maybe these two....well....maybe they sucked at their jobs but the Wings were too loyal to fire them and Stevie has done Ilitch and Holland a great service by taking them on? "Whew! I'm glad Stevie took Verbeek.....now I don't have to fire his ass!" :lol:

Edited by GoOzzieGo