• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

please chicago win the stanley cup

Rate this topic

Seriously, those guys are who we consider questionable?

Wow, we're pretty spoiled.

Well I'm not sure what your criteria for "questionable" is if not the above mentioned. Chelios was a master cheap shotter in his heyday (Brian Propp probably his most famous victim), but he did tone down his act when he came to Detroit. Samuelsson pretty much ended Cam Neely's career with a dirty knee on knee collision. As vladdy16 mentioned Hatcher threw one of the most viscous elbows I've ever seen in the 2004 playoffs (it was actually on Matt Lombardi by the way), and was well known for that style of play throughout his career. Bertuzzi is widely perceived as a villain for his actions too.

None of these guys are wearing halos, I can tell you that.

Guest zackmorris

The only one I consider a dick is Hatcher and he's the exception to the rule. The others were decent people while here and that's all that matters. I don't come down too hard on your character when you change upon putting on our sweater.

And the Bertuzzi thing is utter bulls*** and I've already explained why.

I don't buy curses and I sure as s*** don't buy this one. It shouldn't have even went down the way it did. We had a deal on the table to trade for Hossa in 08 when we won and there's a good chance he would've helped us win that year. It's not like he played bad for Pittsburgh that year. Even if he wouldn't have made us better (which he would've) he would've still taken a big chunk of talent out of Pitt.

And in 09, I will argue this to my dying day, we were blatantly and unmistakably jerked around by the league until Crosby's baby boy got the Cup they all wanted him to get. That series should've been over in 5.

And this year, well, it's not like he's playing bad. He's one of the better players out there for the Hawks. The Hawks troubles have more to do with a flaky goalie who can't stop second and third shots, a coach who is one of the worst in hockey and an overall team immaturity. Hell, let's add to that-they don't have a true leader, they quit when they're not dominating and they have absolutely zero composure.

That isn't Hossa's fault, and it's not a curse. It's just a group of hot shot kids with no leadership or experience bringing him down.

Hossa did I think, back the wrong pony. He should've taken his money we offered him and stuck around. Because long after Chicago has had their run and are back to losing, we'll still be winning. And he'd be taken care of by this team, that has a better chance of winning year in and year out than the Hawks, who couldn't manage the cap to save a bucket of kittens.

Well said. The Hawks only have 16 guys signed for next year and less tha $1M of cap room left. They will be dumping salary big time this summer so they will not be as good as this year.

As far as Hossa, he is not a playoff performer so I'm glad that we didn't re-sign him. He has 9 goals and 30 points in his last 46 playoff games.

91 points in 118 playoff games over his career - 0.77 pts/game

770 out of 832 in the regular season - 0.93 pts/games

Obviously those numbers are telling. He disappears in the playoffs.

The others were decent people while here and that's all that matters. I don't come down too hard on your character when you change upon putting on our sweater.

So then what's the problem with Pronger? He comes in, doesn't elbow or stomp on anybody, and we're all pals, right?

Honestly besides the puck stuff which is just inconsequential nonsense, he's behaved himself in these playoffs anyways.

Guest zackmorris

So then what's the problem with Pronger? He comes in, doesn't elbow or stomp on anybody, and we're all pals, right?

Honestly besides the puck stuff which is just inconsequential nonsense, he's behaved himself in these playoffs anyways.

No where did I say he's been a s***head in these playoffs. He's just known as a goon.

I'm still lost as to why people hate Hossa so much. Alot of reaching going on.

Guest zackmorris

It would hurt if Chicago wins. Remember who chants Detroit Sucks! Although I did not have much hope in Philly at the start of series, but maybe they can pull it off!

They chant Detroit sucks, but we don't even feel the need to acknowledge them. That says it all.

Chicago is a team full of Prongers as far as Wings fans should be concerned. Wishing they'd win a Cup is like cheering for the Avalanche!

Thank you for being the voice of reason as usual... Pronger's a jerk off but there's way worse guys out there that I'd rather not see win a Cup/Conn Smythe - Kane, Byfuglien, etc. "I've got friends in Chicago or so and so played junior hockey in such and such town" - give me a freakin' break. Chicago is the biggest bandwagon sports town in the US (with LA not far behind). What these "fans" know about hockey I could fit in a thimble and they'll bail as soon as times turn tough again.

Guest zackmorris

Simple. Because he chose someone else.

That in itself will make people think he is the anti-christ.

Yup. I don't care if he chose another team, he's not obligated to stay here and it's not like he seriously screwed us over in the process. Hell, we got some good young surprise players out of the money we would've given him. s*** like this happens, who cares.

If you're unsatisfied because he didn't stick around, that's fine. Say that. Don't say he's not a playoff guy just because you don't like him, because there are a good number of Hawks playing worse than he is, and were a good number of Wings playing worse last year. His game is about more than points and I'd like to have him back.

Edited by zackmorris

You guys are all saying what I said a few days ago, and I got attacked for it by some of the dumb Hawks lovers on this site.

It's good to see that LGW is back to being a Wings friendly site. No more Hawks obsession. They're our freaking rivals for crying out loud, and their entire fanbase hates the Wings and always roots "Red Wings Suck".

I'm supposed to cheer for them in the Finals just because of one gap-toothed idiot being on the other team? I don't think so.

i hear ya cheering for s***-town would be like cheering for avalanche in the '00/'01 finals

No where did I say he's been a s***head in these playoffs. He's just known as a goon.

I know, just speaking generally. My main point is that you said Holland would have to have a screw loose to sign Pronger because of his questionable character, but turn around and say that others like Chelios/Samuelsson/Hatcher etc. that had considerable reputations upon joining the team are okay because (most of them) behaved themselves as Red Wings. Seems to me you're contradicting yourself.

Guest screwdahawks

I don't buy curses and I sure as s*** don't buy this one. It shouldn't have even went down the way it did. We had a deal on the table to trade for Hossa in 08 when we won and there's a good chance he would've helped us win that year. It's not like he played bad for Pittsburgh that year. Even if he wouldn't have made us better (which he would've) he would've still taken a big chunk of talent out of Pitt.

And in 09, I will argue this to my dying day, we were blatantly and unmistakably jerked around by the league until Crosby's baby boy got the Cup they all wanted him to get. That series should've been over in 5.

And this year, well, it's not like he's playing bad. He's one of the better players out there for the Hawks. The Hawks troubles have more to do with a flaky goalie who can't stop second and third shots, a coach who is one of the worst in hockey and an overall team immaturity. Hell, let's add to that-they don't have a true leader, they quit when they're not dominating and they have absolutely zero composure.

That isn't Hossa's fault, and it's not a curse. It's just a group of hot shot kids with no leadership or experience bringing him down.

Hossa did I think, back the wrong pony. He should've taken his money we offered him and stuck around. Because long after Chicago has had their run and are back to losing, we'll still be winning. And he'd be taken care of by this team, that has a better chance of winning year in and year out than the Hawks, who couldn't manage the cap to save a bucket of kittens.

So piss on him, he deserves to lose along with dickwad, Kane.

Edited by screwdahawks

Guest mindfly

I wanna see Hossa tears after a 3rd straight FAIL... please make it happen :zzz:

Edited by mindfly

Guest CaliWingsNut

blackhawks10.jpg

Looking for answers.

That or babcock's gum is stuck to his shoe.

That or babcock's gum is stuck to his shoe.

LOL@ this. I hate the Flyers, but I dislike Quenneville even more.

Fine. :rolleyes: It's OK if the Filthies win it, except for Pronger. I will change the channel or look away when/if he touches the Cup.

Guest zackmorris

I know, just speaking generally. My main point is that you said Holland would have to have a screw loose to sign Pronger because of his questionable character, but turn around and say that others like Chelios/Samuelsson/Hatcher etc. that had considerable reputations upon joining the team are okay because (most of them) behaved themselves as Red Wings. Seems to me you're contradicting yourself.

To me there's a different between a guy who made one mistake, or a guy who was just an agitator but not a bad guy....and guys who are clearly exhibiting consistent assholery.

And as usual, one or two examples don't negate the point in general. We're clearly the team most concerned with character and it shows, I don't care if we signed Hatcher or Bertuzzi.

In the words of Bruce Lee, it's like a finger pointing to the moon. You can focus on the couple guys we signed who if you reach a little, had questionable character, or you can focus on the entire team, all the moves we've made and the attitudes of everyone in the organization. As a whole. Or you can be a nitpicker, whatever.

Typically I dislike players for a lack of character, and I think it's an almost unspoken rule on this team that we be a team with good character. And don't give me Bertuzzi, he's not a goon and never was. He made one mistake that wasn't even totally his fault.

If we were to acquire Pronger, I'd question what Holland is thinking and I wouldn't change my stance on him. I know some people would though. The only thing I'd hope for is, that the snake can shed his skin. Some can, some can't.

I'm thankful Holland doesn't go after questionable individuals. It's what makes us the stand-up organization we are, instead of being desperate assholes the caliber of let's say, the 07 Ducks.

And as usual, one or two examples don't negate the point in general. We're clearly the team most concerned with character and it shows, I don't care if we signed Hatcher or Bertuzzi.

In the words of Bruce Lee, it's like a finger pointing to the moon. You can focus on the couple guys we signed who if you reach a little, had questionable character, or you can focus on the entire team, all the moves we've made and the attitudes of everyone in the organization. As a whole. Or you can be a nitpicker, whatever.

1) You obviously never watched any team with Bertuzzi on it before the Moore incident. Always has been a thug. That incident just cemented his goon status. "One mistake" my ass.

2) You said you were glad Holland doesn't go after questionable individuals. This is patently wrong. While he may not recruit a whole team of them, he has certainly has persued "questionable" individuals. Just because they play for the Wings doesn't make them less of an undesirable in most cases to most people. Your thinking, outside of one player, is once they're on the Wings, they're golden. Double standard much?

You can hardly call any of the players listed in this thread "reaching." Well, maybe in your mind, but you're obviously stranded alone in that thinking.

To me there's a different between a guy who made one mistake, or a guy who was just an agitator but not a bad guy....and guys who are clearly exhibiting consistent assholery.

Oh what ever. It's easy to bash a questionable character when they're on another team.

No team, or semi-intellegent hockey veiwer on the planet would hate to have Pronger on their team. Well, unless you prefer "losing with character" over....just winning. Pronger is pound for pound, one of the cockiest, irritating hockey players on the planet....but he's also one of the best.

If detroit signed Pronger, I bet we'd be in the finals.

1) You obviously never watched any team with Bertuzzi on it before the Moore incident. Always has been a thug. That incident just cemented his goon status. "One mistake" my ass.

2) You said you were glad Holland doesn't go after questionable individuals. This is patently wrong. While he may not recruit a whole team of them, he has certainly has persued "questionable" individuals. Just because they play for the Wings doesn't make them less of an undesirable in most cases to most people. Your thinking, outside of one player, is once they're on the Wings, they're golden. Double standard much?

You can hardly call any of the players listed in this thread "reaching." Well, maybe in your mind, but you're obviously stranded alone in that thinking.

It's hockey. If you guys want a "nice" team, go watch tennis or something.

I personally think we could use a few more cocky dirtbag questionable players

Oh what ever. It's easy to bash a questionable character when they're on another team.

No team, or semi-intellegent hockey veiwer on the planet would hate to have Pronger on their team. Well, unless you prefer "losing with character" over....just winning. Pronger is pound for pound, one of the cockiest, irritating hockey players on the planet....but he's also one of the best.

If detroit signed Pronger, I bet we'd be in the finals.

It's hockey. If you guys want a "nice" team, go watch tennis or something.

I personally think we could use a few more cocky dirtbag questionable players

And that is why you're not running any team, let alone this one.