• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Ron MacLean saves a man's life

Rate this topic

ahahahah no he wouldn't have saved that rat

http://twitter.com/JeffMarek

To clarify: Ron MacLean pulled both men out of the Delaware with a velvet rope and stantion where he was having lunch w/Don Cherry. 12 minutes ago via web

..both of them out of the Delaware. Told the story on the HNiC radio show 34 minutes ago via web

Further part of story....MacLean grabbed velvet rope and dragged both the man and another person who had jumped in to save him. Helped pull 35 minutes ago via web

True Story: Ron MacLean jumped into the Delaware River to save a man who was taking his own life this afternoon. about 2 hours ago via web

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Reports coming out that Ron MacLean jumped in the Delaware River in Philly this afternoon to save a man who was attempting suicide.

Details still emerging.

Surprised Gary Bettman didn't intervene by saying the Fan's really wanted the guy to commit suicide

Why save a person who decided to commit suicide, never understood.. it's their choice.

Maybe the guy thought no one in the world cared if he was around any more. This story showed that two guys did care. It can change someone's outlook.

Maybe the guy thought no one in the world cared if he was around any more. This story showed that two guys did care. It can change someone's outlook.

This.

I'd rather a person be alive and know someone cares about him than be dead thinking he wouldn't be missed.

I know someone who was going thru a hard time and try to take thier own life...and now 22 yrs later she is the best thing that has ever happened to me, so I married her. She's pregnant with our child right now.

Looking at her now, no one would ever believe she ever tried to kill herself. She doesn't waste a moment, overfilling with life, motivates me, challenges me, and inspires me.

Good job Ron and "other guy".

With all do respect, some people have what we intelligent people like to call "mental illnesses". I'm not going to go into great detail but what I will say is that your a ****** and you shouldn't just jump to conclusions about how someone is just because your too ignorant to try to understand them. Obviously this was a cry for help for a man that just needed some evaluation and maybe some meds and someone to talk to. It's people like you that need to have their eyes opened once in a while. Just because you haven't dealt with this yet, doesn't mean you should butt in with stupid talk that makes everyone stupider while reading it. So I'm going to say good job Ron and other guy. I'm glad to see that some people in the world care for others in need.

Guest zackmorris

Why save a person who decided to commit suicide, never understood.. it's their choice.

What a short sighted foolish reaction. They could thank him later in life.

And if they really want to try again, they can try again.

My ex girlfriend's sister tried to kill herself. To this day she stresses how it was one of the most foolish decisions of her life. Just because you made a decision doesn't always mean it's a good one.

even if they try again in the future i think it is the right thing to try and save someone...that was real big of the guy...im sure that was a very hard thing to witness....

i think the first thing that goes through your head is: a human being is in trouble and needs help, i better try and do something about it. not, gee i bet they wanna die so i should just stand by and let it happen

From Toronto Star :

So what was Cherry doing during all the commotion?

“He was supervising as usual,” MacLean said with a laugh. “He could see pretty soon that everything was going to be okay.”

Asked if he was rattled by the experience, MacLean said he didn’t have time to think about that.

“I was just glad to get away from one of Grapes’ stories about (Chicago Blackhawks forward) Dave Bolland,” he joked".

He also asked if the man in need was Ed Olczyk. When he was told no, MacLean offered his assistance.

I know someone who was going thru a hard time and try to take thier own life...and now 22 yrs later she is the best thing that has ever happened to me, so I married her. She's pregnant with our child right now.

Looking at her now, no one would ever believe she ever tried to kill herself. She doesn't waste a moment, overfilling with life, motivates me, challenges me, and inspires me.

Good job Ron and "other guy".

This

:clap:

Human life is precious, and any untimely death, whether by accident, illness, or a conscious decision to take or end a life, is tragic. Ron McLean is a hero and should be recognized as such, as should the unnamed bystander who also jumped in to help.

OK, public service announcement over, I'll let you get back to your morbid humor

Guest zackmorris

^It's the internet man, sadly this is the prime place to go to say stupid s*** just to get a reaction.

i think the first thing that goes through your head is: a human being is in trouble and needs help, i better try and do something about it. not, gee i bet they wanna die so i should just stand by and let it happen

No kidding.

I guess some people are into watching other people die.

^It's the internet man, sadly this is the prime place to go to say stupid s*** just to get a reaction.

Yeah, I know, I just had to put my 2 cents in. I'll admit that I often laugh at some of the outrageous things said on here and on the internet in general, but the sanctity of life is one topic which I tend to have no sense of humor about.

I once tried to jump in a river by the base of a dam. I won't go into details, but let's just say that had I not been stopped, I wouldn't be typing this today. My sister, who is now being treated for mental illness also tried to kill herself.

Neither of us may be special to any of you out there in internetland, but we're pretty darn special to each other, and to our family. I'm still convinced that when I die few will note nor little care that I am gone, but that doesn't mean that I haven't touched a few lives in my corner of the world. No matter how worthless we may think ourselves to be, we have a place and purpose here even if we don't see it. It behooves us to use that chance that we get to live for as much good as possible.

Cheers to Ron MacLean and the others who saved this man. I don't know how many of you have ever watched someone die, but you just can't help but want to help, even if you can't do anything that effects the end result.

Life is too precious. You only get one.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Well... at least it'll give the announcers something worthwhile to talk about for once tonight.