• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

^It's the internet man, sadly this is the prime place to go to say stupid s*** just to get a reaction.

Yeah, I know, I just had to put my 2 cents in. I'll admit that I often laugh at some of the outrageous things said on here and on the internet in general, but the sanctity of life is one topic which I tend to have no sense of humor about.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#22 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Let us review:

Mr. MacLean helps to save.

Mr. Bettman helps to bailout.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#23 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

I once tried to jump in a river by the base of a dam. I won't go into details, but let's just say that had I not been stopped, I wouldn't be typing this today. My sister, who is now being treated for mental illness also tried to kill herself.

Neither of us may be special to any of you out there in internetland, but we're pretty darn special to each other, and to our family. I'm still convinced that when I die few will note nor little care that I am gone, but that doesn't mean that I haven't touched a few lives in my corner of the world. No matter how worthless we may think ourselves to be, we have a place and purpose here even if we don't see it. It behooves us to use that chance that we get to live for as much good as possible.

Cheers to Ron MacLean and the others who saved this man. I don't know how many of you have ever watched someone die, but you just can't help but want to help, even if you can't do anything that effects the end result.

Life is too precious. You only get one.

#24 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

Nice story. Way to go MacLean!

#25 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

Well... at least it'll give the announcers something worthwhile to talk about for once tonight.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#26 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

i think the first thing that goes through your head is: a human being is in trouble and needs help, i better try and do something about it. not, gee i bet they wanna die so i should just stand by and let it happen

Exactly.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke