Lidstrom for life

Holmstrom signs 2 year extension

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

What's with the questionmark

Red Wings re-sign Tomas Holmstrom?

By George Malik

June 03, 2010, 5:41PM

According to Fox 2's Jennifer Hammond, the Red Wings have re-signed Tomas Holmstrom to a two-year contract:

Fox 2? never heard of...

Guest mindfly

Hmmm.. should be accurate then, why would she make a thing like this up...

Just hope the caphit is MAXIMUM 2M nothing more.

I'm always a little leery of multi-year deals for guys over 35. But a longer contract should mean a lower average cap hit, so I'll trust Kenny with it.

:yowza: ....sweet swedish buns in your face!.. he can train his replacement after next season too....awesome...i just hope he takes more of a "hometown discount" then the best d-man in the league did.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Awesome!

2 more years of goalies leaving the ice with masks that smell of holmer's butt-sweat? excellent!!!!

Hope he eats lots of beans!

Given Holmstrom's age and injury history I'd say the fact that this is a multi-year extension means the cap hit is noticeably lower than his single year hit was. Otherwise it's hard to justify giving a 37 year old with a history of injuries a 2 year contract.

According to Greg Brady, who works for AM640 in Toronto and is connected to the Maple Leafs says the deal is 2 years with a cap hit of $1.875 per year.

If True! What an Amazing Deal!!

http://twitter.com/gregbrady71

$1,875,000 is a bargain for 25 goals. I love it. Although things could get hairy next year if he ends up being like Draper (a spare part in the last year of his contract).

$1,875,000 is a bargain for 25 goals. I love it. Although things could get hairy next year if he ends up being like Draper (a spare part in the last year of his contract).

Yes indeed if that is true then awesome! Hopefully if they re-sign Bertuzzi, it will be similar numbers! I see a good July 1 coming soon!