• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lidstrom for life

Holmstrom signs 2 year extension

Rate this topic

Honestly, I could see a team like Vancouver throw a 3 mil contract at him to play for a year.

Bingo! Spot on my friend, Holmer could get alot on the open market. Its great he's staying, especially from an attitude/loyalty point of view in that they obviously are a team. I just read a new topic (I just got home a did a quick scan and came here first lol) that said Bertuzzi either stays with Wings or retire...Now that is incredible because there are probably a few teams that would like him after this past season. Though he wants to play with core group and thats freakin sweet. I love they have this connection and I hope he signs here! Im starting to believe in these guys! (again)

Or, they could load up the top two lines and try to get two quality grinding lines. But I'm not sure they have the personnel right now to do either. Seems to me we're looking at a pretty half-assed third line no matter if you try to make it a scoring line or a checking line.

That's probably why Holland said he was looking to add a gritty, tough to play against bottom 6 guy. Depending on who he has in mind, that should be enough.

Cleary/Bertuzzi - Abdelkader - GUFA (Gritty Unrestricted Free Agent)

Draper/Miller/Ritola - Helm - Eaves

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to start the season with Bert on the 3rd line, but I think everyone in the top 6 belongs there, regardless of how you arrange them. Plus with the injury bug still lurking around Detroit, its much better to have too many guys who can play on a scoring line than not enough.

Edited by Bannedforlife

Owen Nolan is like 105 years old...I dont think we need the team to get older! As for Bert, for the money, he is a great deal if he stays around what he got last year. As for Homer, lets pray for health!

Yes were definitely stuck on the train called long in the tooth!