• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lidstrom for life

Holmstrom signs 2 year extension

Rate this topic

Not to say it's a sure thing, but the article lists Miller as one of the players the Wings will re-sign.

There's a lot to like about Bert, but I wish they could structure his contract so every time he takes his hand off his stick and commits a bad offensive zone penalty, he owes Holland $100,000. Within the first month he'd be playing for free.

I think Bert plays more with 1 hand on his stick than 2... You are right Harold, there is a lot to like about him, yet the penalties make ya cringe.

I want Miller back as well; versatile and plays hard.

Edited by Rivalred

Guest screwdahawks

Just an FYI: Abdelkader is required to make atleast $892,5000 next season according to the RFA re-sign policy laid out in the CBA.

I would rather have Abdelkader than Miller if we have to choose......

Guest CaliWingsNut

Miller impressed me this year. I liked him on the team.

Bert...meh. Dump him.

Thought this was a thread bout Homer? Yay! we have Homer for 2 more years!

Edited by CaliWingsNut

If anything this opens the door for Lilja even more. Lebda is gone. Meech will get a qualifying offer and depending on Lilja's situation could be moved.

I'm very uncertain about an Ericsson-Kindl pairing without a backup like Lilja just in case Ericsson doesn't take the next step forward or Kindl struggles as badly as many suspect he will (myself included, although I think he has the potential to be a good player long term).

And this is why I think Babs needs to mix people better. I would say something like

Lids-Ericsson

Raf-Stuart

Kronwall-Kindl

The way the team is starting to be put into place the Wings better hope the cap does go up. We are in a tight fit right now.

EDIT: As for the Tanguay thing we don't need a player like him. He is more of a setup man then anything else and we got plenty of those guys. If anything I would make a push for Rechhi to replace Bert or Stephane Yelle for his shut down play style.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Good price for homer, hopefully he can contribute on the 2nd year of the deal as well.

Top 6 is set, if we don't bring back Bert we need to at least replace him with size!! Although he wasn't overly physical he is a big boy and because of that is harder to play against, and makes the team harder to play against. He did play a bit more physical in the playoffs too. Wings are a small enough team as it is so if Bert leaves someone like Raffi Torres or Owen Nolan (although don't think he'll leave the wild) has to be brought in.

Edited by ceebs

We need both if we can swing it...

Looking at Drake's lineup, I wouldn't mind letting Miller go if we can sign a foward for the 2nd/third line for around 2.5-3m. I like miller a lot but you can't keep everyone you want.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Looking at Drake's lineup, I wouldn't mind letting Miller go if we can sign a foward for the 2nd/third line for around 2.5-3m. I like miller a lot but you can't keep everyone you want.

To me, we're just too crowded in the bottom six to keep both Eaves and Miller, especially with A.) Abdelkader up full time next year, B.) Kenny's desire to add someone else to the bottom six and C.) Have a more offensive 3rd Line. Miller really did find a niche here and he played some quality minutes. But I also think there might be a better piece out there moving forward

I think it's unrealistic to assume we won't be re-signing Bert. If/when we do, there will be no room on the 2nd line.

IMO

If no Bert:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Franzen - Filpulla - Cleary

Armstrong/Torres- Abdlekader - Hudler

Draper - Helm - Eaves

Ritola

If Bert:

Franzen - Filpulla - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Abdlekader - Hudler

Nystrom/Burrish - Helm - Eaves

Draper - Ritola

let Eaves and Ritola duke it out for the 13th roster spot.

Both of these line-ups put Detroit over the current cap, but would squeeze under a cap increased by 2M.

Guest mindfly

Clearly you didn't pay attention to the PK numbers the *moment* Lilja came back.

2009/2010 PK Stats

Without Lilja:

62 GP, 43GA on 267 PK's

PK: 83.90%

With Lilja:

20 GP: 6GA on 59 PK's

PK: 89.83%

Once again.....you're wrong.

Post the stats when lilja was on the ice during the PK instead of the every PK unit combined

IMO

If no Bert:

Franzen - Filpulla - Cleary

Armstrong/Torres- Abdlekader - Hudler

Draper - Helm - Eaves

Ritola

If Bert:

Franzen - Filpulla - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Abdlekader - Hudler

Nystrom/Burrish - Helm - Eaves

Draper - Ritola

let Eaves and Ritola duke it out for the 13th roster spot.

Both of these line-ups put Detroit over the current cap, but would squeeze under a cap increased by 2M.

I like the first option quite a bit.

I also agree with the sentiment that both Eaves and Miller aren't necessary. I like both of them, but they are redundant. Keep Eaves for his potential, let Miller go.

Good price for homer, hopefully he can contribute on the 2nd year of the deal as well.

Top 6 is set, if we don't bring back Bert we need to at least replace him with size!! Although he wasn't overly physical he is a big boy and because of that is harder to play against, and makes the team harder to play against. He did play a bit more physical in the playoffs too. Wings are a small enough team as it is so if Bert leaves someone like Raffi Torres or Owen Nolan (although don't think he'll leave the wild) has to be brought in.

Owen Nolan is like 105 years old...I dont think we need the team to get older! As for Bert, for the money, he is a great deal if he stays around what he got last year. As for Homer, lets pray for health!

Post the stats when lilja was on the ice during the PK instead of the every PK unit combined

If you have that much time on your hand, do it yourself. Do you not realize Lilja is commonly paired with Lidstrom on the PK. Why wouldn't he be on the ice for almost every if not all 59 PK's?

So let me get this straight...what you want me to do is post how many times of those 59 total PK's Lilja was actually on the ice during any of it? You do realize that would only strengthen my argument given that he likely was on next to all of them, but likely wasn't actually on the ice at the time when the Wings were scored upon in those 6 cases.

Get a clue and stop arguing when you've clearly been proven wrong.

Back on topic.