• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

NHL.com Newest mock draft

Rate this topic

NHL.com has posted a new mock draft and has the Wings taking one of these two

Patrik Nemeth, D, AIK Jr. (SWE-JR)

Tyler Pitlick, C, Minnesota State (WCHA)

dont know to much about him but here's his numbers from last season

38GP 11G 8A 27PIMS

defintly not a very good name lol

Im still really hoping for Jeff Skinner

Guest mindfly

:rolleyes:

Trading the 29th pick for the 32nd pick (Ferraro) and the 75th pick (Nestrasil) is a bit different than trading the 21st pick, don't you think?

You just wait, ken holland will surprise you

I don't know anything about the Swedish guy, but I don't see us getting Pitlick. I think he'll be taken by the time the Wings get their first turn at the table. He had good (though not great) numbers for a WCHA freshman, however he has a lot of sniper potential, he hits hard, and he was a pretty good two-way winger by the end of the college season (he can also play shifts at center). He has a considerable amount of raw talent and I think a team with the 10th-20th pick will recognize that and take him.

Additionally, he's decided to leave school and will play for the Medicine Hat Tigers in the WHL next year. He's only 18, and so I suspect whichever teams expressed interest in drafting him probably encouraged him to head up north to play for a better coaching staff and get more games under his belt.

yikes. funny that you say that. i've wanted him all year long, but then he had a disgusting playoff run with Kitchener and now is like a top 10 pick

ya ive been keeping a eye on him all season, people are saying his size could stop him from going earlier, before the playoff run he was ranked like 43, most mock drafts ive seen have him going anywhere from 15-26 fingers crossed i guess !

I don't know anything about the Swedish guy, but I don't see us getting Pitlick. I think he'll be taken by the time the Wings get their first turn at the table. He had good (though not great) numbers for a WCHA freshman, however he has a lot of sniper potential, he hits hard, and he was a pretty good two-way winger by the end of the college season (he can also play shifts at center). He has a considerable amount of raw talent and I think a team with the 10th-20th pick will recognize that and take him.

Additionally, he's decided to leave school and will play for the Medicine Hat Tigers in the WHL next year. He's only 18, and so I suspect whichever teams expressed interest in drafting him probably encouraged him to head up north to play for a better coaching staff and get more games under his belt.

If Pitlick can hit as well as score then I'm all for him.

They will trade down and pick some randoms in the 2nd round.....

I didn't like that last year. Especially because he passed on Simon Despres and Mikko Koskinen. Ferraro seems like he might have some potential I would have preferred one of them. If he trades that pick for anything it should be in a deal for a player.

Yea their order is messed up, I know for sure our pick and bostons second pick are wrong

I'm pretty sure its because the playoffs aren't done yet so the order hasn't been finalized.

It sucks though because the change of a few picks in the 15-20 range could really affect the wings draft pick. We'll have to wait for it to get finalized to really see who will probably going where.

Guest mindfly

I'm pretty sure its because the playoffs aren't done yet so the order hasn't been finalized.

It sucks though because the change of a few picks in the 15-20 range could really affect the wings draft pick. We'll have to wait for it to get finalized to really see who will probably going where.

How is it decided then? I thought it was 1-15 (the teams who didnt make the playoffs) 16-30 (the team that exit the playoffs first picks at 16, the 2nd team that exits pick 17th etc) ?

Detroit picks at 21.

Somehow Getzlaf slipped to 19 back in the day. Hope the Wings can get that lucky.

lol 2003 was by far the best draftyear in the history of the nhl (well 1979 was pretty darn good too) 2010 is a very bad year while 2008, 2009 were pretty good too.

Too ******* bad detroit didn't have a 1st round pick that year, wonder wtf happend, was it dealt in the schneider deal or something? almost every player in the 1st round of 2003 became and impact player on their team or atleast a good player...

Edited by mindfly

How is it decided then? I thought it was 1-15 (the teams who didnt make the playoffs) 16-30 (the team that exit the playoffs first picks at 16, the 2nd team that exits pick 17th etc) ?

lol 2003 was by far the best draftyear in the history of the nhl (well 1979 was pretty darn good too) 2010 is a very bad year while 2008, 2009 were pretty good too.

Too ******* bad detroit didn't have a 1st round pick that year, wonder wtf happend, was it dealt in the schneider deal or something? almost every player in the 1st round of 2003 became and impact player on their team or atleast a good player...

Yeah detroit dealt there pick for Schneider. It sucks because if that didn't happened we coulda picked Corey Perry . If you think hes a weaselt hats fine but he's one of the better power forwards in the game now. With Dastyuk setting him up it could've been an unreal combo.

I believe it works like this:

SC winner = 30

Runner-up = 29

Conference runners-up = 27 & 28

Then any remaining division winners take the next 2-6 picks

After that, it goes in order by points, with the lottery winner moving up 4 spots max.

Wings had the 7th most points, putting them in the 24th spot. But Philly, Montreal (conference finalists), and Buffalo (division winner) all move behind us, putting us in 21st.

Edited by Buppy

Yeah detroit dealt there pick for Schneider. It sucks because if that didn't happened we coulda picked Corey Perry . If you think hes a weaselt hats fine but he's one of the better power forwards in the game now. With Dastyuk setting him up it could've been an unreal combo.

I can't stand Perry but I would never deny someone's talent. If we could put Perry on the Wings right now I would in heartbeat.

I could be wrong but I think the draft picks are done according to the regualr season NOT the playoffs.

Who sucks what, are you talking about lollipops, popsicles, or what?! Try using explanatory English rather than gutter language!

I could be wrong but I think the draft picks are done according to the regualr season NOT the playoffs.

Who sucks what, are you talking about lollipops, popsicles, or what?! Try using explanatory English rather than gutter language!

are you serious? If so stfu the guy said nothing wrong, the world doesn't resolve around you.

Hmm maybe Israel has you forgetting that saying something sucks is pretty much common American or Canadian english?

And no theyre done by the playoffs for the teams that make it.