• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Back on topic...there is slim to no chance that you'll see Evan McGrath back in GR or Detroit. He fell out of favor and spent the last half the season in Syracuse.

Its too bad. He, Frankie Lemieux, and Frankie Pare had some great chemistry two years ago. But they couldn't find it again last year. Lemieux was sent to Vegas and then to Austria. Pare is the only one left and probably doesn't have enough skill to make up for his very small size to get to the NHL.

#22 Petrafire

Petrafire

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

its too bad about Mcgrath i live near Kitchener and he was awesome for them i was very excited Detroit drafted him

#23 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Emmerton needs to have a better season next year. So far he hasn't shown much to merit getting a spot on the Red Wings in the near future. It would be nice to see him succeed, though. The team could use a 3rd line center.

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

I had heard that Emmerton was losing ground on the trail to Detroit, but there's always injury call ups to see if he can hang. Just another one of Holland small skilled players that uses his entire time up in the minors and misses his chance to crack the lineup. I would just love to see a Holland TOP draft pick make the club before his time is up in GRR. Not that I am complaining with his results, but wold love to see and young 19-20 year old make this club and have a great impact. Of course that would probably mean NOT making the playoffs a few years in a row and even sucking so bad we get a top 5 pick, so really, I think I rather stay in the 20's-30 and making the playoffs every year. Just once though, I would like Holland to come across a Corey Perry or Joe Pavelski and actually draft him, like if somehow a miracle happens and McIlrath falls to 21 and Holland actually drafts him. Ahhhh, wishful thinking!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#25 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

Speaking of center prospects who have been in the system forever... what about Ryan Oulahen? Have to figure he'll get a shot as the first or second call up if needed.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#26 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

Speaking of center prospects who have been in the system forever... what about Ryan Oulahen? Have to figure he'll get a shot as the first or second call up if needed.

He hasn't played hockey in the last 18+ months. He horrifically dislocated his hip the season before last and spent more than a year rehabbing it but still couldn't make an appearance in a single game last season. All signs point toward the conclusion that his NHL career is never going to happen.

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 07 June 2010 - 12:25 AM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#27 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, Ryan's best spot might be behind the bench. PK's - both the great defensive play and the ability to turn them into short-handed scoring opportunities - was his greatest asset. If the hip injury restricts his speed, his playing future may be limited.