• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Favorite Announcers

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Rick Jeanneret.

I want Buffalo to win the cup soon just so I can hear his reaction. He is flat out awesome.

MAY DAY! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! :yowza: :yowza: :yowza:

Favorite of all-time: Al Michaels and Mickey Redmond

Eleven seconds, you've got ten seconds, the countdown going on right now! Morrow, up to Silk. Five seconds left in the game. Do you believe in miracles?...YES!

Least Favorite: Bostons and Anahiems

Honorable mentions of awesomeness: Larry Murphy. he's done so much for this organization as a player and personnel, he deserves anything he wants.

Forgot to mention them ealier, but Drew Remenda and Randy Hahn out of San Jose are pretty good too. Remenda in particular does a good job of putting aside homerism in favor of calling a good hockey game.

Drew Remenda cracks me up with some of the stupid stuff he says, though. To this day I still joke with my friend, who's a Sharks fan, when we heard him say on TV one time, "I mean it's a clean hit, but come on, that's boarding!"

Guest zackmorris

Ken and Mick are my favorite, but I'm sure someone will just say that's a homer pick so I'll take Thorne and Clement. I hate Emrick, he just sounds like a senile mad scientist now. CBC is too old and they sound lost and at a loss for words more than ever. NBC is laughable no matter who they shoehorn into the booth, because it's all a corporate circle jerk. Versus is so bad it's almost too obvious to mention. TSN are decent, but their voices bug me and they have too many Pierrisms.

Ken and Mick aren't shrieky or whiny, don't have dead air, have chemistry and really just don't bug me in any way. Thonre and Clement don't piss me off either.

Darren Pang is my favorite. Bob Cole/Harry Neale are pretty good but I rarely hear him living in Colorado.

Rick Jeanneret.

I want Buffalo to win the cup soon just so I can hear his reaction. He is flat out awesome.

haha, forgot about him. Me too.

And +1 on Boston's announcer. He's too much of a homer for me, although I do appreciate the enthusiasm to a point.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Im not going to bother spelling names right so ill name them by team. Washington, New jersy, Rangers for play by play. Ken and Mick obviously my favorite. On a side note the guys that do Florida Panthers games do a good job I think.

I jsut hate emerick, olczyk, and mcguire, it is fun to laugh at mcguire, but they created the worst combo possible, it is utterly annoying. And I also hate Cole, he was decent back during the Civil War.

Edited by jollymania

Guest Shoreline

People used to make fun of Clement and Thorne. IIRC the popular tags were "Thorgasm" and "Cement[head]". Olczyk is the worst color guy I've seen and heard.

My favorites tho, as far as play by play is concerned:

Gord Miller

Joe Bowen

Dean Brown

Dave Randorf

Bob Cole

I could not care less who the color guy is so long as he shuts the hell up when the puck is in play -- i.e. not Olcyk.

Edited by Shoreline

I cannot stand Buffalo's Announcer. Everytime there is a highlight of a buffalo goal and he get his high pitched squeal going I want someone to punch him in the face. Its possibly the most irritating voice in the NHL. Also I dislike SJ, they have unbelievable homerism. I understand that they are representing their home teams but theres a difference from being in favor of a team and denying any sort of positives in another team. Doc Emerick I really like though.

I actually like all of the commentators on VS. Does anybody know who did the Wings-Sharks series on versus? I know Daryl Reaugh did the color, but I have no idea who did the pbp. I thought they were both great.

Rick Peckham was paired with Darryl Reaugh during the Detroit/Phoenix, and I for one enjoy him as a commentator, being in Central Florida I get a lot of Lightning games on TV, and he is a fair and knowledgeable play-by-play man, his partner, Bobby "Chief" Taylor is pretty funny at times. Other announcers that Versus has used that I like are Sam Rosen (Rangers on MSG), Strader, Beninati, Kenny Albert, also +1 to everyone that mentioned Hughson, one of the best of all time, until recently I had only heard him on EA Sports, but now that I have had the chance to watch more HNIC I appreciate his style.

Cannot stand Forslund or Jack Edwards (useless butt-plug), Olczyk annoys me with his "subtle interference" and "active stick" crap, Pierre's creepiness overshadows his positive contributions, Emrick's nasal voice hurts my ears, Engblom is OK in the sutdio but sucks as a color guy, Keith Jones just sucks altogether.

Ken & Mick are a close second all-time in my mind, just behind Thorne & Clement.

Also, given his stint as a studio analyst for Versus, anyone think D-Mac might get a chance to call games in the next few years? I hope so.

In all of the time that I've been watching hockey, Gary Thorne and Bill Clement are the best ever. That being said, all of ESPN's teams were good back then. Dave Strader, Darren Pang, Steve Levy, Brian Engblom...

I live in the Sharks' home market, and those guys are pretty good. Drew Remenda especially is great.

I also like Doc Emerick. I guess I'm in the minority there. I didn't like him as much when he was calling games on Fox with John Davidson back in the late 90's, but he's been good on NBC with what's-his-face Edzo, who hardly ever seems to say anything.

I like Sam Rosen, too. I honestly never knew that he called hockey games. My only exposure to him was on NFL on Fox games. Since Versus picked him up this year to call some playoff games, I've enjoyed his work.

I like watching games called by Jim Hughson, but I think it's because I played a LOT of NHL 98 on the Playstation back in the day.

Chris