• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

I cannot stand Buffalo's Announcer. Everytime there is a highlight of a buffalo goal and he get his high pitched squeal going I want someone to punch him in the face. Its possibly the most irritating voice in the NHL. Also I dislike SJ, they have unbelievable homerism. I understand that they are representing their home teams but theres a difference from being in favor of a team and denying any sort of positives in another team. Doc Emerick I really like though.

#42 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#43 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

I actually like all of the commentators on VS. Does anybody know who did the Wings-Sharks series on versus? I know Daryl Reaugh did the color, but I have no idea who did the pbp. I thought they were both great.

Rick Peckham was paired with Darryl Reaugh during the Detroit/Phoenix, and I for one enjoy him as a commentator, being in Central Florida I get a lot of Lightning games on TV, and he is a fair and knowledgeable play-by-play man, his partner, Bobby "Chief" Taylor is pretty funny at times. Other announcers that Versus has used that I like are Sam Rosen (Rangers on MSG), Strader, Beninati, Kenny Albert, also +1 to everyone that mentioned Hughson, one of the best of all time, until recently I had only heard him on EA Sports, but now that I have had the chance to watch more HNIC I appreciate his style.

Cannot stand Forslund or Jack Edwards (useless butt-plug), Olczyk annoys me with his "subtle interference" and "active stick" crap, Pierre's creepiness overshadows his positive contributions, Emrick's nasal voice hurts my ears, Engblom is OK in the sutdio but sucks as a color guy, Keith Jones just sucks altogether.

Ken & Mick are a close second all-time in my mind, just behind Thorne & Clement.

Also, given his stint as a studio analyst for Versus, anyone think D-Mac might get a chance to call games in the next few years? I hope so.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#44 Jibbajaba

Jibbajaba

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

In all of the time that I've been watching hockey, Gary Thorne and Bill Clement are the best ever. That being said, all of ESPN's teams were good back then. Dave Strader, Darren Pang, Steve Levy, Brian Engblom...

I live in the Sharks' home market, and those guys are pretty good. Drew Remenda especially is great.

I also like Doc Emerick. I guess I'm in the minority there. I didn't like him as much when he was calling games on Fox with John Davidson back in the late 90's, but he's been good on NBC with what's-his-face Edzo, who hardly ever seems to say anything.

I like Sam Rosen, too. I honestly never knew that he called hockey games. My only exposure to him was on NFL on Fox games. Since Versus picked him up this year to call some playoff games, I've enjoyed his work.

I like watching games called by Jim Hughson, but I think it's because I played a LOT of NHL 98 on the Playstation back in the day.

Chris

it must be tough to skate with flippers and a snorkel cause these ******* be divin'